Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/18/2015 12:07:35 PM EDT
So, for months now guys have been purchasing SIG Braces and shouldering Pistols.  

Nothing happened to society though. We haven't seen some rash of crimes using concealed AR pistols or their like.  So far outside of the gun community you'd hardly know that people were shouldering pistols with SIG Braces.

Doesn't this conclusively prove once and for all that the NFA restrictions on SBR's are bullshit? If the reasons the NFA was implemented were valid shouldn't there have been some rash of crimes with all these SIG Braced firearms?

The NFA needs to be repealed or at the very least heavily amended. It's progressive era bullshit that only serves to frustrate law abiding citizens, which is now more crystal clear than ever before thanks to SIG and the ATF.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 12:11:43 PM EDT
[#1]
The worst thing happened!  Our government was not able to collect tax revenue from all those "illegal"  SBRs...

FBATF and FBHO!!!
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 12:13:29 PM EDT
[#2]
"Gun control" laws are not about preventing crime.
Those laws are about controlling people.
The fact that no increase in crime occurred due to a work around of the SBR provisions of the NFA will not result in any change to the statute.
The desire to control people remains.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 12:13:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Jesus.

Ixnay on the Igsay threads already.

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 12:15:04 PM EDT
[#4]
FPNI....ATF wants $200 from everyone with a SigBrace
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 12:15:14 PM EDT
[#5]
That's the good part of this story. The atf has allowed these long enough to prove their own laws or rulings are pointless.

I bet if someone is ever charged with shouldering one the atf will know defeat.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 12:15:26 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The worst thing happened!  Our government was not able to collect tax revenue from all those "illegal"  SBRs...

FBATF and FBHO!!!
View Quote
Jesus...100% pure truth has never ready so easily...

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 12:15:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So, for months now guys have been purchasing SIG Braces and shouldering Pistols.  

Nothing happened to society though. We haven't seen some rash of crimes using concealed AR pistols or their like.  So far outside of the gun community you'd hardly know that people were shouldering pistols with SIG Braces.

Doesn't this conclusively prove once and for all that the NFA restrictions on SBR's are bullshit? If the reasons the NFA was implemented were valid shouldn't there have been some rash of crimes with all these SIG Braced firearms?

The NFA needs to be repealed or at the very least heavily amended. It's progressive era bullshit that only serves to frustrate law abiding citizens, which is now more crystal clear than ever before thanks to SIG and the ATF.
View Quote

Heavily overhauled, yes. Still want it a bit harder for street thugs to get subguns than Hi-Points.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 12:16:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Oh come on. Everybody knows it's about gun control and keeping the boot on our necks. Fuck the atf for being the department solely dedicated to fucking with my personal wants and freedoms.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 12:17:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Heavily overhauled, yes. Still want it a bit harder for street thugs to get subguns than Hi-Points.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shouldn't reasonable men say "well, maybe we should at least look at some of the provision of the NFA like the restriction on interstate movement with them or the CLEO provisions?"  The ATF has proven that their restrictions are useless and full blown retarded through this whole ordeal.

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 12:18:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Something did happen. Many SBR owners panties were bunched.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 12:19:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Guy shoots pistol with Sig Brace from shoulder... But did you die?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 12:19:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe I have read somewhere that those who would exchange liberty for safety deserve neither.  I would back a full repeal.  I paid the government $800 bucks in tax alone for four items.  I would rather pay zero and enjoy my firearm freedoms extended to me by our Lord.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 12:19:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
That's the good part of this story. The atf has allowed these long enough to prove their own laws or rulings are pointless.

View Quote

Absolutely, if nothing else our argument against gun control and particular the restrictions on SBRs has been made stronger by this whole ordeal.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 12:21:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Exactly.

Where is the blood bath in the streets?

Where were the HEAT like bank robber shootouts that the progressives told us we needed the NFA to protect against in '34?  Nowhere.

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 12:21:29 PM EDT
[#15]
I heard some guy used one to murder a bus full of school children and baby seals.  He was going to use a short barreled AR but that would have been illegal.  So, he got a pistol with a brace.

*I didn't really hear this
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 12:24:29 PM EDT
[#16]
The guys you really have to watch out for are the ones who strap one to each arm and spin around like a tornado in crowds.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:10:31 AM EDT
[#17]
The determination is correct.

A guy makes an arm brace to help someone be better able to shoot with one hand.

It is submitted to the ATF. They determine...sure makes sense for one armed use to control an AR style pistol.

Retards do not use it per design. Retards ask if it is ok to use it like a stock. Retards know it equals a SBR....

Retards ask ATF if it is ok...ATF says no.

How is this hard to understand?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:13:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:15:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Well, they looked really retarded. I guess that's never a good thing in the gun world.

One guy in particular tickled the shit out of me. He's one of the types that has his fudd-gun stocks measured/made to fit him but yet there he was cramming that club footed brace against his shoulder and bragging on it..
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:15:59 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

NFA violations, real or redesigned, are the very definition of victimless crime.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:17:45 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

It is submitted to the ATF. They determine...sure makes sense for one armed use to control an AR style pistol.

Retards do not use it per design. Retards ask if it is ok to use it like a stock. Retards know it equals a SBR....

View Quote

Bet you think of your self as both progun and freedom loving.

Don't bother answering it is rhetorical.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:26:52 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's right.

He's not questioning the core values of the NFA or freedom, he's addressing the overlying concern- which is gun owners being fucking morons.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:29:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Did I make it in before the ATF sympathizers?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:30:24 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Did I make it in before the ATF sympathizers?
View Quote

Nope.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:32:37 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

He's right.

He's not questioning the core values of the NFA or freedom, he's addressing the overlying concern- which is gun owners being fucking morons.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's right.

Many are liberal fucking morons at that...
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:33:27 AM EDT
[#26]
the worst thing about the sig brace is everyone & their nephew telling me to get one when I brought my pistol to the range. I guess now they will be telling me how I need to blow $500 for the Troy M7A1 stock...
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 1:17:00 AM EDT
[#27]
It got a bunch of SBR owners butt hurt.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:53:33 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And you're on our side.  Yay.  

To me, shall not be infringed means Shall Not Be Infringed!
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:25:02 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

NFA violations, real or redesigned, are the very definition of victimless crime.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are the very definition of infringement.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:29:41 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
The worst thing happened!  Our government was not able to collect tax revenue from all those "illegal"  SBRs.
View Quote

I came here to post this... The .gov didn't get their cut
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 6:19:47 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I believe I have read somewhere that those who would exchange liberty for safety deserve neither.  I would back a full repeal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe I have read somewhere that those who would exchange liberty for safety deserve neither.  I would back a full repeal.

This.  Not in favor of 'just a little' infringement for the lie of greater safety for society.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 6:22:26 AM EDT
[#32]

I heard that they're fine as long as you don't have more than seven rounds loaded.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 6:25:58 AM EDT
[#33]
Guns are icky.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 6:30:56 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

FBATF and FBHO!!!
View Quote

that...

and some stamp collectors got butt hurt that people were cheating to get into their exclusive club.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 6:48:03 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Exactly.

Where were the HEAT like bank robber shootouts that the progressives told us we needed the NFA to protect against in '34?  Nowhere.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Exactly.

Be careful with that argument.  They can argue that it is the NFA that has resulted in those safer streets.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 6:50:14 AM EDT
[#36]
first rule of fight club...
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 7:24:15 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
$200

Not an atom on the freckle on the flea on the pimple on my ass worth of taxes come from every single NFA stamp sold in America per year. A single moving violation will typically draw four hundred or more dollars in fines. Building a built-in barbeque pit will cost hundreds in permits ... the purpose of the tax stamps is control.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

FBATF and FBHO!!!

$200

Not an atom on the freckle on the flea on the pimple on my ass worth of taxes come from every single NFA stamp sold in America per year. A single moving violation will typically draw four hundred or more dollars in fines. Building a built-in barbeque pit will cost hundreds in permits ... the purpose of the tax stamps is control.

Exactly right.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 7:25:24 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

View Quote

Why would SBR owners get butt hurt over the SIG brace?

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 7:31:43 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They look at them like many look at open carry advocates?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 7:47:26 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

FPNI....ATF wants $200 from everyone with a SigBrace
View Quote

I wonder how much revenue the ATF brings in on NFA permits.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 7:49:59 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have several SBR's and I have no problem with the brace.  I thought it was great even though I didn't have a need for one myself.  I can't say I know of any others with registered SBR's that got butt hurt over the brace, either.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 7:52:35 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Based on comments by many SBR owners both here and elsewhere, it's just painfully obvious that there is a segment of that group that at the very least was highly irritated that people found a way to avoid paying the $200.00 tax on SBR's.

ETA:  Basically the comments these guys are making is "hahaha..good..now suck it up and pay for the stamp like the rest of us did"

disgusting behavior.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 7:54:01 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 7:54:36 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 7:54:36 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
After reading about the guy in California who got charged for having one I bet once they become common knowledge we will start seeing arrests under state laws as cops spread memeos around about the terror of time rifles
View Quote

Ya' think?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 7:56:32 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Did not see that, not surprised.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Based on comments by many SBR owners both here and elsewhere, it's just painfully obvious that there is a segment of that group that at the very least was highly irritated that people found a way to avoid paying the $200.00 tax on SBR's.

ETA:  Basically the comments these guys are making is "hahaha..good..now suck it up and pay for the stamp like the rest of us did"

disgusting behavior.

Certainly wouldn't be shocked if some of the constant letter writing to ATF came from those individuals.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 7:57:31 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Certainly wouldn't be shocked if some of the constant letter writing to ATF came from those individuals.
View Quote

Wouldn't surprise me at all.

But I am an admitted tinfoiler.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 7:57:51 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 7:59:46 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
One was used in some kind of robbery so it'll be a big deal now   http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/01/foghorn/breaking-ca-man-charged-owning-sbr-pistol-brace-equipped-ar-15/

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
After reading about the guy in California who got charged for having one I bet once they become common knowledge we will start seeing arrests under state laws as cops spread memeos around about the terror of time rifles

Ya' think?
One was used in some kind of robbery so it'll be a big deal now   http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/01/foghorn/breaking-ca-man-charged-owning-sbr-pistol-brace-equipped-ar-15/

There is absolutely NO DOUBT in my mind that law enforcement/ATF will start going after a few to set an example.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 8:01:52 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

disgusting behavior.

It shouldn't be surprising.  Gun owners have a nasty habit of stabbing each other in the back.  Whether its the hunting and sporting clays crowd saying people don't need EBR's or the stamp collectors not liking a work around for those seeking entry into their exclusive club.

I'm not saying all the stamp guys think this way by the way, but there are certainly some that do.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top