Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/17/2015 10:12:59 PM EDT
CSB

Dude walking around stealing everyones brass was trying to tell us we were not able to shoot tannerite. Could not shoot any ammo that attracts to a magnet. No rapid firing. No AR's (cops would be by any minute to confiscate them). The guy was a very not fun person today. I was not pleased. It ruined my range trip. I would rather pay to go to a range than deal with people telling me what to do.

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:14:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Glad I don't have that problem, I go shooting at the old strip mines; no one would be brave enough to go up and confront people with AR's and AK's in a place as sketchy as it is.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:15:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Who was this dude?

Why didn't you pee on him?
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:16:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Public land, or public range?
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:16:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
CSB

Dude walking around stealing everyones brass was trying to tell us we were not able to shoot tannerite. Could not shoot any ammo that attracts to a magnet. No rapid firing. No AR's (cops would be by any minute to confiscate them). The guy was a very not fun person today. I was not pleased. It ruined my range trip. I would rather pay to go to a range than deal with people telling me what to do.

View Quote

Was the dude an official of the state or feds? if not tell him to fuck off.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:16:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Why didn't you just tell him to MYOB and go pound sand elsewhere?
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:16:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Some random guy was acting like the boss of you?
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:16:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Unless you are an exempt LEO, California plus guns never equals fun. At best it's a dry hump.
Edit to add: I hate brass buzzards and go out of my way to keep them from brass.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:16:57 PM EDT
[#8]
A simple fuck off usually works in these situations.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:17:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
CSB

Going around picking up other peoples brass, sounds like a neckbeard.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:18:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Dude was stealing your brass?

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:18:19 PM EDT
[#11]
That is a very strange story.  I have never had anything even remotely like that happen to me, nor would it.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:19:01 PM EDT
[#12]
You didn't shoot at his feet and make him dance like a monkey?
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:19:33 PM EDT
[#13]
This is why you carry a little tranquilizer gun IWB and let him wake up in a bush several hours later.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:22:05 PM EDT
[#14]
You're out shooting on public land, someone else tells you what to do, and you listen to the guy?

Why didn't you tell him to go get fucked, or get back in your vehicle and find another spot to shoot at?

Fuck that guy. Should have pissed on his leg.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:22:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Who was this dude?

Why didn't you pee on him?
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:22:44 PM EDT
[#16]
People like this blow my mind. I have never met anyone like this and I shoot on public ranges 99% of the time.
If someone came over and picked up my brass I would lose my shit, and I don't even reload.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:23:33 PM EDT
[#17]
The best places are GPS coordinates and require 4wd to make it out there
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:23:36 PM EDT
[#18]
I know of spots like that and make a point of never going there.
Go find a spot that been logged with some friends and do what you want.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:23:38 PM EDT
[#19]
I will refrain from issuing an opinion until I ask this:

Was he old, OP?
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:24:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
CSB

View Quote

I would have told him to fuck off and give me back my brass.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:24:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Did you confirm if he had any authority, and if not tell him to FOAD?
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:24:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
CSB

View Quote

I can tell you weren't in my neck of the woods.

Roy
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:26:06 PM EDT
[#23]
if that was on public land, you're doing it wrong.

if another human being is within eyeshot on BLM or NF land, you are officially a pussy who is too scared or lazy to find your own piece of ground.  you want to be somewhere like this...

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:26:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Whenever someone tries to steal my brass I pull out my HK91 and hit them in the head a few times with the brass, if they are still conscious, they get the hint.

Seriously, where I shoot someone/everyone else would of ran the guy off, at gun point if need be.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:26:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
This is why you carry a little tranquilizer gun IWB and let him wake up in a bush several hours later.
View Quote

Don't forget to take a condom out, then throw both it and the wrapper where he'll see it when he wakes up.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:26:55 PM EDT
[#26]
BLM Land? Hodge Rd.? Everywhere to shoot sucks anywhere south of Kern Co.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:27:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Where was this? I'd love to find some public land to get a bit more active with my shooting. The local range is nice, but :rules:
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:27:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
if that was on public land, you're doing it wrong.

if another human being is within eyeshot on BLM or NF land, you are officially a pussy who is too scared or lazy to find your own piece of ground.  you want to be somewhere like this...

http://i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p482/jehsimon/publand_zps34419d6b.jpg

View Quote

Hiking for miles is, like, hard and stuff.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:28:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:31:58 PM EDT
[#30]
When I'm out on BLM land...best not to approach me regardless of who you are.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:38:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Do people really steal your brass as it hits the ground at public ranges?  Seems like a good way to get hurt.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:41:11 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

View Quote
look out.

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:42:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
CSB

View Quote

Sounds like you were in California bro.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:42:56 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Do people really steal your brass as it hits the ground at public ranges?  Seems like a good way to get hurt.
View Quote
yes like ppl that just hang out at the range all day with gloves on or a butterfly net and try to catch the brass as your gun kicks it out. those people are the worse.

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:43:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Were your ARs compliant, OP? If so I would have told the dude to fuck off. If not,well, he seems to be the type to drop a dime so discretion may be the better part of valor in that case.....but I'm sure they were
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:44:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
yes like ppl that just hang out at the range all day with gloves on or a butterfly net and try to catch the brass as your gun kicks it out. those people are the worse.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can't be serious... can you?
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:44:57 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Were your ARs compliant, OP? If so I would have told the dude to fuck off. If not,well, he seems to be the type to drop a dime so discretion may be the better part of valor in that case.....but I'm sure they were
View Quote
sounds like if he pulled an AR out the cops would have been by any minute to confiscate it so he probably was afraid to get one out.

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:46:12 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nah, he's joking about the net and gloves.    Although it was a great mental picture of neckbeards doing that.  
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:47:10 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

very serious, you've never been to a public range where theres people that arent even shooting? and they're just walking around picking up brass off the ground and grabbing it as people shoot it, sometimes even deploying children to do it.

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:47:37 PM EDT
[#40]
anyone else wonder why the OP hasn't posted again?
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:47:53 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Nah, he's joking about the net and gloves.    Although it was a great mental picture of neckbeards doing that.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

i'm not dude

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:48:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I laughed regardless.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:49:00 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

i'm not dude

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

i'm not dude

Seriously?  

That's nuts.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:49:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
look out.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
look out.

Careful man, I wouldnt be quoting him. You better watch out!
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:49:35 PM EDT
[#45]
I don't think public land means what you think it does.

Did you mean a public range?

Public range = tell them to fuck off and call someone that actually has some authority.

Public land = why are you near me?
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:49:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

Trail of bodies much?
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:54:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Internet tough guys are out in force tonight .
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:55:08 PM EDT
[#48]
You must be doing something wrong. Did you wear a pink polo shirt or something?

Around here most people run around collecting my brass, then return them with a "here is your brass sir."

Yep, must be the pink polo shirt...
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:59:37 PM EDT
[#49]
i see what you did there OP
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 11:06:43 PM EDT
[#50]
just for the record, I pick up lots of free brass at the free public range where I often shoot. When others are there, I ask if they
reload and reuse their brass cases. if yes, thanks much, and I move on. If no, I offer to police up the area  when they are done.
Folks there are almost always nice and are glad to offer up the empties. Many time I have cleaned up the area and then given
the brass to somebody I just met who is starting to reload. I have plenty, and I have time to clean it up. I just dont want to see it
wasted and thrown away. some people even pick up their own brass and bring it to me. Its a good place to shoot with good
people for the most part.
I have met quite a few good folks there, seen them time and again. Shooters are often the best of people.

OP, it the mouthy guy is not some kind of official there, he should be told to piss off. remember not to smile.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top