Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2015 5:06:45 PM EDT
Purchased by an Air Force pilot in Germany in the 1950s. That's all I know...

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 5:16:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 5:17:03 PM EDT
[#2]
That's a lot more plain than I expected.  A working man's flintlock.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 5:46:02 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Looks like some kind of "kit" gun to me.  
View Quote
Who knows...not really worried about what it's worth or if it was a "kit". It looks old to me (older than the '50s). I'm just looking for some info on what it could be from a historic perspective.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 5:53:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Here is something that is a similar style. Are there any type of marks (proof marks) anywhere on it?

Black powder pistol
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 5:55:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Hope you find some info op. It does look like kitchen table pistol but who knows could have been simple and practical pistol for issue. I want to find a nice wheellock one day after falling in love with some of the examples I saw at the French military museum. One day I'll post some of the better pictures.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 5:58:34 PM EDT
[#6]
There's an infinite number of cheap 19th century muzzle loaders. Unless there's some markings on it, you'll never be able to identify it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top