Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2015 4:59:32 PM EDT
Ive lived in my townhouse for over 2 years in a great part of town and never locked the door of my truck and some punk snatched my Garmin...forgot the exact model but it was $100 at Best Buy with free lifetime map updates.

Now that I'm in the market for a new one what is a good GPS for under 200 bucks????????

What say the hive?
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 5:01:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Interested also. Ive been spoiled with one for work and wouldnt mind finding one for my own car
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 5:06:46 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Interested also. Ive been spoiled with one for work and wouldnt mind finding one for my own car
View Quote

Didn't realize how much I liked my GPS until it was gone. Satellite navigation has spoiled me.

Yeah I could use my phone but I want a designated device.

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 5:08:05 PM EDT
[#3]
your phone
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 5:08:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I despise thieves.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 5:09:00 PM EDT
[#5]
i have this one , free maps , real time traffic ( well 5 minutes delayed ), saved me from many traffic jams. Bluetooth works for phones. voice command is nice and lane directions.

http://www.amazon.com/Garmin-2597LMT-Bluetooth-Portable-Lifetime/dp/B00AXX0I88/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1421528749&sr=8-5&keywords=garmin&pebp=1421528777765&peasin=B00AXX0I88

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 5:09:55 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

your phone
View Quote
This.  Get a bracket to mount it to your dash from Amazon.

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 5:12:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Just use Waze on your smartphone or tablet instead.  You get real time data and navigation.  Plus it shows you were the cops are.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 5:19:28 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Just use Waze on your smartphone or tablet instead.  You get real time data and navigation.  Plus it shows you were the cops are.
View Quote
+1

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 5:22:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Does it give you a time estimation to your next destination?
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 5:22:59 PM EDT
[#10]
You let your garmin stay in your unlocked truck? Duhhhhh
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 5:31:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 5:41:36 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View Quote

a friend was showing me Waze, pretty cool app. I may try it out but I really would like a designated device.

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:32:20 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes.  It appears to account for traffic flow and the average rate of speed that you are driving in the estimation.  One of the handy features is destination search.  For example you can type in "sushi" and it will give all the restaurants near by that serve sushi.  That comes in handy when you are in a new area and don't know restaurant names.  It has multiple search engines for destinations besides the Waze engine, such as a Google search.

I use it on a Nexus 10 tablet when I travel and don't see how anything else could even remotely compare to it.  On short trips I'll load it on my phone and drive with the phone propped up where my speedometer goes.

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 9:01:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Does waze let you bookmark places and name them what you want?

I use  to use my iPhone for navigation.  My galaxy4 doesn't work the same way with maps.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:19:04 PM EDT
[#15]
I love mine and no one ever wants to steal it..for a $100 I could buy a new one every three years for life.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top