Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/13/2015 9:28:32 AM EDT
Ted Cruz on Mitt Romney: No need for ‘mushy middle’

Texas Sen. Ted Cruz took a swipe at Mitt Romney on Monday, saying that Republicans’ path to the presidency doesn’t cut through “the mushy middle.”

Cruz was asked about Romney, the GOP’s 2012 nominee, by reporters following the senator’s keynote address at a Heritage Foundation summit.

“There are some who believe that a path to Republican victory is to run to the mushy middle, is to blur distinctions,” Cruz said. “I think recent history has shown us, that’s not a path to success. It doesn’t work. It’s a failed electoral strategy. I very much agree with President Ronald Reagan that the way we win is by painting with bold colors and not pale pastels and I think that’s gonna be a debate Republicans are gonna have over the next two years.”

“It is certainly a debate that I intend to participate in vigorously,” the first-term Texas senator added.
View Quote

He is dead on here,  and it goes for  Jeb, Christie, McCain and even Rand too, not only is that not a path to election success it is clearly not a path to the success of the Nation in fact it is the last thing this country needs.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 9:31:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Que Morgan freeman hes right you know
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 9:33:57 AM EDT
[#2]
FPNI
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 9:38:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Cruz, Paul
Paul/Cruz
Cruz/Paul

The only hope our country has and none that it deserves.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 9:51:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Personally, I hope that the ticket is Walker and another governor.

Cruz is too smart to be VP - he'd be better suited for AG.  DOJ is going to need a strong hand to clean up the rot left by Holder.

And, if the votes are there, a few years as AG is a great launching point for a SCOTUS nomination.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 10:01:56 AM EDT
[#5]
This.
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Cruz, Paul
Paul/Cruz
Cruz/Paul

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Cruz, Paul
Paul/Cruz
Cruz/Paul

And this.

Quoted:

Cruz is too smart to be VP - he'd be better suited for AG.  DOJ is going to need a strong hand to clean up the rot left by Holder.

And, if the votes are there, a few years as AG is a great launching point for a SCOTUS nomination.

Link Posted: 1/13/2015 10:03:27 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

View Quote

I could get on board with this.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 10:08:26 AM EDT
[#7]
You ever wonder if these guys are just sheep in wolves clothing saying everything we want them to hear while playing the tune of the progressive agenda very quietly like even RR did.  RR is part of the reason we ended up with an AWB in the first place.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 11:27:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
You ever wonder if these guys are just sheep in wolves clothing saying everything we want them to hear while playing the tune of the progressive agenda very quietly like even RR did.  RR is part of the reason we ended up with an AWB in the first place.
View Quote

Are you not entertained??

Just a big show run by the old guard behind the scenes.Scripted for the peasants like a WWF bout...............

Link Posted: 1/13/2015 11:32:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Santorum needs to shut his fucking pie hole too and stay out.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 11:39:13 AM EDT
[#10]
The mushy middle is where most of the electorate resides.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 12:17:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't think so.

If 20% of Americans are liberal and 40% are conservative, that means another 40% are undecided or in the mushy middle.  Not a majority.

Either way, I think "mushy people" respect strength and conviction, and would vote for a strong conservative leader.  Consider that Reagan won 49 states, including NY!
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 12:20:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, worked great for Romney in 2012.

That's all he pursued.

Should have shored up the base and won the fucking thing.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 12:22:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I don't think so.

If 20% of Americans are liberal and 40% are conservative, that means another 40% are undecided or in the mushy middle.  Not a majority.

Either way, I think "mushy people" respect strength and conviction, and would vote for a strong conservative leader.  Consider that Reagan won 49 states, including NY!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think so.

LOL

Not gonna happen
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 12:23:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Cruz/ Generalissimo Francisco Franco

Link Posted: 1/13/2015 12:24:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Wonder if this one will be nuked for being a "Fuck the GOP" thread, too. The status quo folks seem to have some rovite butthurt going on.

Cruz hits the nail on the head again, as usual. The rovites will wail!
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 12:44:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Wonder if this one will be nuked for being a "Fuck the GOP" thread, too. The status quo folks seem to have some rovite butthurt going on.

Cruz hits the nail on the head again, as usual. The rovites will wail!
View Quote

Are we thinking of the gas tax thread??

Link Posted: 1/13/2015 12:50:26 PM EDT
[#17]
That's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard out of Cruz.  

There's no way a hardline conservative would win any of the main electoral vote states except maybe TX.  I doubt they'd even make it halfway through the primaries.

This is what happened after the first 4 years of extreme leftist agenda.

2012 Electoral map
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:54:05 PM EDT
[#18]
We have had 2 "winnable" moderate Republican candidates who lost bad.  So sick of it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:14:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
We have had 2 "winnable" moderate Republican candidates who lost bad.  So sick of it.
View Quote

Dude, it's all about electability!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top