Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Posted: 12/2/2014 5:16:09 PM EDT
I saw a recent stolen valor thread, and I saw Longhorn789's thread.  

The US Military is a paying job that you have to sign up for.  You have to actively seek the job, sign some kind of contract, go through some training, then do the job.  Anyone who signs up knows that the military fights and kills other humans in other countries.  So it's not like you didn't see that coming.  It's pretty obvious that the job can get you maimed or dead, because the other humans fight back.  

Okay.  

If you get drafted and forced to fight in a combat arena, you're serving.  

If you volunteer for a school board or as a firefighter, you're serving.  

If you choose to join the military, you're just taking a paying job.  May if you wanna serve in the military, burn all your paychecks.  

I respect anyone who was honorably discharged from the armed forces after completion of a term of employment.  

But some of you need to get off your high horse.  There is nothing seen or done in the military that I cannot fathom.  You can claim special brotherhood or died-in-my-arms or louder-bangs or dirtier-country situations than I could ever understand, but in fact, I can easily understand all of that.  I have a normal human mind.  

Your term of employment in the military does not earn you an exalted status in society.  I'm really sorry, but if you got your legs blown off at your place of employment, your employer should compensate and care for you accordingly, and I will give you the same courtesy I would give to anyone with a physical disability, but I won't fall to my knees and worship your personal sacrifice made while saving my country from certain ruin, because you weren't conscripted and because you didn't save my country from anything.  

Rather, of your own free will, you took a paying job in the military at a time when there was no tangible sovereign threat to national security, but when our govt was willing to send humans to hostile nations to root out and "prosecute" their criminals because they are unwilling or unable to do it themselves.  IMO, this is really bad government.  Why send a single human when you can send a missile instead?  I've never heard of an arab nation that was worth a single American life, but I would gladly send tens of thousands of tomahawks and bombs until whatever perceived threat in that locale ceased being a threat.  

I digress.  

If you're a vet of a recent foreign war, I respect your choices and actions in the same way that I respect the choices and actions of any self-sufficient, self-supporting, upstanding citizen of this country.  But not more than that.  

And some of you should know:  the fact that I didn't sign up for the same job as you doesn't make me a pussy.  Maybe I signed up for a job that paid more money and maimed fewer people.  In fact, I'm not a pussy.  I'm a big mean fast smart motherfucker.  

I owe the WWII vets a debt of gratitude and the highest possible respect because they made immense sacrifices to save the fucking world, but if we're going to be frank about things, until you save my country or save the world, I don't owe you shit.  I don't see immense sacrifices, I see a paying job in a dangerous industry and you chose to take it.  

If you don't want to get shot at and blown up while fighting freedom-hating, women-hating, uneducated, stupid, ugly, inbred, donkey-fucking, little-boy-fucking, neanderthal indigenous guerrillas in ugly sandy shitholes, then get a different job.  

If you do want to do that, then take that job and take that money, but don't come back and insist that the rest of us owe you something.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 5:18:11 PM EDT
[#1]
OP is a pussy?
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 5:18:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Cool story, brosef.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 5:18:34 PM EDT
[#3]
in!!!!
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 5:18:46 PM EDT
[#4]

I know I shouldn't feed the troll, but I'll note that one tangible difference between the .mil and "just a job" is that if you try to quit you go to jail.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 5:18:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Wat
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 5:19:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The US Military is a paying job that you have to sign up for.  You have to actively seek the job, sign some kind of contract, go through some training, then do the job.  Anyone who signs up knows that the military fights and kills other humans in other countries.  So it's not like you didn't see that coming.  It's pretty obvious that the job can get you maimed or dead, because the other humans fight back.  

Okay.  

If you choose to join the military, you're just taking a paying job.  May if you wanna serve in the military, burn all your paychecks.  

I respect anyone who was honorably discharged from the armed forces after completion of a term of employment.  

But some of you need to get off your high horse.  There is nothing seen or done in the military that I cannot fathom.  You can claim special brotherhood or died-in-my-arms or louder-bangs or dirtier-country situations than I could ever understand, but in fact, I can easily understand all of that.  I have a normal human mind.  

Your term of employment in the military does not earn you an exalted status in society.  I'm really sorry, but if you got your legs blown off at your place of employment, your employer should compensate and care for you accordingly, and I will give you the same courtesy I would give to anyone with a physical disability, but I won't fall to my knees and worship your personal sacrifice made while saving my country from certain ruin, because you weren't conscripted and because you didn't save my country from anything.  

Rather, of your own free will, you took a paying job in the military at a time when there was no tangible sovereign threat to national security, but when our govt was willing to send humans to hostile nations to root out and "prosecute" their criminals because they are unwilling or unable to do it themselves.  IMO, this is really bad government.  Why send a single human when you can send a missile instead?  I've never heard of an arab nation that was worth a single American life, but I would gladly send tens of thousands of tomahawks and bombs until whatever perceived threat in that locale ceased being a threat.  

I digress.  

If you're a vet of a recent foreign war, I respect your choices and actions in the same way that I respect the choices and actions of any self-sufficient, self-supporting, upstanding citizen of this country.  But not more than that.  

And some of you should know:  the fact that I didn't sign up for the same job as you doesn't make me a pussy.  Maybe I signed up for a job that paid more money and maimed fewer people.  In fact, I'm not a pussy.  I'm a big mean fast smart motherfucker.  

I owe the WWII vets a debt of gratitude and the highest possible respect because they made immense sacrifices to save the fucking world, but if we're going to be frank about things, until you save my country or save the world, I don't owe you shit.  I don't see immense sacrifices, I see a paying job in a dangerous industry and you chose to take it.  

If you don't want to get shot at and blown up while fighting freedom-hating, women-hating, uneducated, stupid, ugly, inbred, donkey-fucking, little-boy-fucking, neanderthal indigenous guerrillas in ugly sandy shitholes, then get a different job.  

If you do want to do that, then take that job and take that money, but don't come back and insist that the rest of us owe you something.
View Quote

That might be one of the most hilarious, stupid, ghey, arrogant things l've read this week.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 5:20:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, OP certainly made this an easy click.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 5:21:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

You deserve a Tab

Link Posted: 12/2/2014 5:21:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Sounds like someone cannot pass an APFT.

ETA: Have you tested your claim of being a "big, mean, fast, mother fucker" in trials of mortal combat? I've seen men fail and succeed, but none who volunteered didn't try.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 5:21:26 PM EDT
[#10]
I vote that we rename Veteran's Day to OP Day, to honor OP.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 5:22:11 PM EDT
[#11]
OP is obviously bored and lonely.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 5:22:13 PM EDT
[#12]
OP sounds like a college freshman who just discovered Ayn Rand.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 5:22:16 PM EDT
[#13]
As a member of the military, you sign up to do a job for a very small wage.

A lot of service members have trouble making ends meet on the wages they receive.

To varying degrees (All gave some, some gave all) service members are signing a binding contract to go into harm's way, on your behalf.

I say this as a veteran.

Get your head out of your ass, OP.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 5:22:25 PM EDT
[#14]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Sounds like someone cannot pass an APFT.
View Quote
Or the asvab

Link Posted: 12/2/2014 5:22:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Ohhhh boy...
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 5:22:36 PM EDT
[#16]
In on one!

Link Posted: 12/2/2014 5:22:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 5:22:54 PM EDT
[#18]

Link Posted: 12/2/2014 5:23:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Sofa king in on this gangbang.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 5:23:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Cool story, brosef.
View Quote

Da!
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 5:24:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
snip
View Quote

My grandfather smoked his whole life. I was about 10 years old when my mother said to him, "If you ever want to see your grandchildren graduate, you have to stop immediately."

Tears welled up in his eyes when he realized what exactly was at stake. He gave it up immediately. Three years later he died of lung cancer. It was really sad and destroyed me.

My mother said to me, "Don't ever smoke. Please don't put your family through what your Grandfather put us through." I agreed. At 28 I have never touched a cigarette. I must say, I feel a very slight sense of regret for never having done it, because this post gave me cancer anyways.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 5:24:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Oh boy..... I got nothin!
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 5:24:28 PM EDT
[#23]
I am literally in shock that OP is an 03er not a 13er.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 5:24:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

That might be one of the most hilarious, stupid, ghey, arrogant things l've read this week.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
 I'm a big mean fast smart motherfucker.  

Can he take a full power shot from squatdog? Sounds like he can...

Link Posted: 12/2/2014 5:24:56 PM EDT
[#25]

ETA: Beat.  
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 5:25:11 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

My grandfather smoked his whole life. I was about 10 years old when my mother said to him, "If you ever want to see your grandchildren graduate, you have to stop immediately."

Tears welled up in his eyes when he realized what exactly was at stake. He gave it up immediately. Three years later he died of lung cancer. It was really sad and destroyed me.

My mother said to me, "Don't ever smoke. Please don't put your family through what your Grandfather put us through." I agreed. At 28 I have never touched a cigarette. I must say, I feel a very slight sense of regret for never having done it, because this post gave me cancer anyways.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

snip

Excellent!

Link Posted: 12/2/2014 5:25:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
snip

Such a classic. I wish it wasn't too long for a sigline.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 5:25:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Whats the matter OP?  Did a veteran hurt your feelings somehow?
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 5:25:43 PM EDT
[#29]
In on one.

Dis gon b good.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 5:26:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 5:27:06 PM EDT
[#31]

View Quote

Who insists the rest of us owe anything?  What in the world are you talking about?  Man, I feel sorry for you, OP.  Next time you decide to share your thoughts on AR15.com, delete the post before you hit "submit".
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 5:27:06 PM EDT
[#32]
This is a very old troll account that must only get broken out for special occasions.  Or OP is just in need of a hug.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 5:27:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Dude. It's ok.

You need to talk to someone. Someone with a PhD after their name.

Link Posted: 12/2/2014 5:27:50 PM EDT
[#34]
In on 1
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 5:28:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Yup I'm tagging this.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 5:28:54 PM EDT
[#36]
You don't owe me or my brothers shit. Except to stop talking about shit you know nothing about.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 5:29:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
This is a very old troll account that must only get broken out for special occasions.  Or OP is just in need of a hug.
View Quote

Better watch yourself, word on the street is that OP is a big fast strong mean motherfucker. Probably didn't enlist cause he'd have just beat the DI's ass for talking shit to him, OP don't tolerate that.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 5:29:19 PM EDT
[#38]
I think a number 1 is missing in OP's information.

Well damn! Beat by Balog! No matter it bears repeating!
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 5:29:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Job?  Serve??  Guess he never bothered to figure out what the hourly pay rate is for a deployed service member.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 5:29:31 PM EDT
[#40]
I joined in a time of war, I knew what I was getting into.

I regret nothing of my choices or service and don't believe I am a hero or anyone special.

That being said, I think that you have no idea what you are talking about. That you are trivializing a lot of Military Members service and that is disrespectful.

Also you might be the p-word
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 5:29:40 PM EDT
[#41]
lol
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 5:29:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 5:30:35 PM EDT
[#43]
5 Kittens just died after he posted that....

OP should be ashamed...
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 5:31:07 PM EDT
[#44]
F5'in in the pit
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 5:31:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
snip

This had me cracking up
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 5:31:42 PM EDT
[#46]

OP you put it a way that many people didn't have the stomach fortitude to so. I'm a VieNam vet, and I'm very proud of my service. Back in those days, either you volunteer,or else you got drafted for 2.
I respect any soldier who puts on a ubiform,
To the point you make, that is right, the new soldier is a professional one, a job chosen by many kinds of people for many reasons, is different today that from when I was in.
That is all.

Quoted:

Okay.  

I digress.  

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/2/2014 5:31:49 PM EDT
[#47]
Lol Wat?
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 5:32:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
F5'in in the pit
View Quote

It would be nice to get a new, non-gay Pit thread instead of folks crying over perceived insults to Garth fucking Brooks and all that nonsense.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 5:32:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 5:32:55 PM EDT
[#50]
Fantastic!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top