Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/29/2014 12:04:00 PM EDT
I'm gotta crappy 6-year old Sears that no longer gets eggnog out of the cups.  About everything that can be broken has broken on that POS.   I'm sick of cheap appliances and I'm ready to splurge on the BEST one out there as I like my dishes done clean.

No pics of wife as she doesn't do the dishes, my kids do!
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 12:07:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I fix appliances for a franchised appliance repair company. Get a Bosch. They are the quietest, most efficient, and are durable. Lg is crap. Do not buy an lg anything, ever.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 12:08:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I got the lowest end Bosch but I'm not impressed.  No heat dry and the number of buttons you have to push in a certain sequence are a feature that only a...well, only a German Engineer could love.

TC

ETA--It is built REALLY well. Very tight door.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 12:08:24 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I fix appliances for a franchised appliance repair company. Get a Bosch. They are the quietest, most efficient, and are durable. Lg is crap. Do not buy an lg anything, ever.
View Quote
I really like my Bosh.

Link Posted: 11/29/2014 12:08:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Bosch.

As soon as I moved in my new place and found the dishwasher wouldn't clean the load after two whole cycles were run, I was at Lowes the next week ordering a Bosch

Quoted:
I got the lowest end Bosch but I'm not impressed.  No heat dry and the number of buttons you have to push in a certain sequence are a feature that only a...well, only a German Engineer could love.

TC
View Quote

Sounds like an operator issue
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 12:10:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Misread the OP.

I thought this was a divorce thread.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 12:11:07 PM EDT
[#6]
We put in a GE about 2 years ago and have been happy with it so far. Decent features and reasonably priced around $599 I believe. Also bought on one those weekends where we didn't pay tax and install/delivery was like $20

Link Posted: 11/29/2014 12:11:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

This^, make sure it has the stainless interior and not plastic. We paid around $600 for ours and it cleans and dries without any problems.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 12:11:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Last house I installed a Bosch.  Loved that thing.

Link Posted: 11/29/2014 12:12:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Bosch
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 12:13:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

TC

ETA--It is built REALLY well. Very tight door.
View Quote

Actually, I am a German Engineer
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 12:14:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Misread the OP.

View Quote

LOL, I'd buy you a beer for that thought.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 12:15:20 PM EDT
[#12]

In case no one has mentioned it, I think you should get a Bosch.

Just remember to RTFM.

Some (all?) do not have a heater element and need to be opened when the cycle is done so that the plates dry.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 12:17:35 PM EDT
[#13]
I had a GE when I moved into my current house. It worked well but was so noisy that I would only run it when I was not at home. I replaced it with a Kitchenaid. Nice and quiet. You can actually have a conversation with someone while it's running. Does a good job on the dishes also.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 12:17:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Mailorderbride.net

I would go with the Japanese model, gets the job done in an efficient package and will look new the longest.

I have heard Taiwanese models can be a gable might luck out and get a good one, but without being able to check the package for quality before it ships is not a risk I would take.

Russian models get the job done, but if its anything like their guns or other machinery the tolerances will be to lose to be satisfied with in a western world.

EDIT: you can go with US made products but they are higher maintenance and if it goes out there is a chance it will take out half your house and the car...
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 12:18:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Bosch.  As in Robert Bosch.  Not Bosh.

I replaced ours with a Bosch after a friend bought one and I heard how quiet it was.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 12:19:35 PM EDT
[#16]
I was in your position last spring and all the research I did suggested the Bosch or Miele.  Went to a reputable independent appliance store that carries both and they gave me the best deal on the Miele.  Been happy so far.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 12:19:46 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm partial to my Hispanic model.

If she ever leaves me I may look into an Irish or Italian brand though, I hear good things about the Thai offerings, as well.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 12:23:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Misread the OP.

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/29/2014 12:25:43 PM EDT
[#19]
I would like a serious dishwasher that does not choke on cosmoline
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 12:47:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Bosch for the best bang for the buck. We have them in most of the fire stations, work well, quiet.

At home we have Miele, I like it better, maybe just trying to mentally justify the cost.

Link Posted: 11/29/2014 12:50:57 PM EDT
[#21]
We have a Bosch and love it, quiet and does a great job cleaning...if you have any issues with cleaning get trisodium phosphate from amazon

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 12:53:48 PM EDT
[#22]
OP , i'm sorry to hear about your divorce
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 12:54:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

This ^

I bought a new house 3 yrs ago and the Bosch DW is awesome. It is so quiet you can barely hear it. Even on quick cycle ( 15min run time or so ) Everything comes out clean. No water spots on glasses ( use that special blue shit in the dispenser )

Not sure its cost ? It came with the house ... wild guess its a $400-500 unit. Worth every penny too.

ETA

Used someones Bosch post below to locate my model ( which is one of their lower end units closer to $500 vs $1K )

http://www.bosch-home.com/us/products/dishwashers/shop-all-dishwashers/SHE3AR56UC.html?source=browse
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 1:08:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I'm gotta crappy 6-year old Sears that no longer gets eggnog out of the cups.  About everything that can be broken has broken on that POS.   I'm sick of cheap appliances and I'm ready to splurge on the BEST one out there as I like my dishes done clean.

No pics of wife as she doesn't do the dishes, my kids do!
View Quote

HAHAHAHAHa. Higher cost does not equal more satisfaction when buying appliances. There are a lot of expensive appliances that do not perform to price tag.

Listen to the guy who works on appliances when he says something, he is recommending Bosch. But as always do your own research and check on the SPECIFIC MODEL you are looking at buying, even good companies have a model that is more problematic than others.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 1:10:16 PM EDT
[#25]
I picked up a all stainless GE a few years ago
All good and its literally so quiet you can hardly tell its running .... It was right at 1 G
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 1:18:32 PM EDT
[#26]
last time I looked, bosch had the top 5 spots on consumer reports washer ratings....

not saying...just saying....
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 2:19:14 PM EDT
[#27]
When I moved into my house I replaced the old broken dishwasher, I also used a Bosch.

I read some reviews that people didn't like them for a few different reasons, however it seems to work fine for me. The main reason I choose it though was because it was because in my research it was one of the smallest units I could find from front to back. The counter tops on older homes are narrower so most modern dishwashers will not sit flush. The old dishwasher protruded a couple inches and thats before including the door, the bosch dishwasher with the door closed only sticks out an inch at most.

Right now Bosch has a rebate up to $200 back.
http://www.bosch-home.com/us/dishwasher-rebate.html
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 2:46:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
When I moved into my house I replaced the old broken dishwasher, I also used a Bosch.

I read some reviews that people didn't like them for a few different reasons, however it seems to work fine for me. The main reason I choose it though was because it was because in my research it was one of the smallest units I could find from front to back. The counter tops on older homes are narrower so most modern dishwashers will not sit flush. The old dishwasher protruded a couple inches and thats before including the door, the bosch dishwasher with the door closed only sticks out an inch at most.

Right now Bosch has a rebate up to $200 back.
http://www.bosch-home.com/us/dishwasher-rebate.html
View Quote

Much Obliged.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 2:48:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Mailorderbride.net

I would go with the Japanese model, gets the job done in an efficient package and will look new the longest.

I have heard Taiwanese models can be a gable might luck out and get a good one, but without being able to check the package for quality before it ships is not a risk I would take.

Russian models get the job done, but if its anything like their guns or other machinery the tolerances will be to lose to be satisfied with in a western world.

EDIT: you can go with US made products but they are higher maintenance and if it goes out there is a chance it will take out half your house and the car...
View Quote

Great summary.  BTW, I was warned to stay away from the Taiwanese models.  They can cause a lot of stress.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 2:48:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Get the three-pack. You never know when one is going to be offline. 2 is 1, but 3 is good.

Link Posted: 11/29/2014 4:18:32 PM EDT
[#31]

Link Posted: 11/29/2014 4:22:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Another vote for the Bosch. Can be had at Lowes on sale under $500.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 7:11:20 PM EDT
[#33]
What ever you do don't buy Maytag anything.   Who ever bought the company F'd all their products up.  Utter garbage.  I had some problems with the buttons not working at times.  Sure enough I did an online search and the have a long long parade of problems with the circuitry as they're not protected from moisture.  Add in racks that split and rust, plastic bits that people complain about breaking.  I haven't had the latter two problems yet.  

Frankly I would just assume toss the machine and install another lower cabinet.    When it dies that is the plan.

Oh, the previous owner bought all Maytag appliances

Fridge works ok for now
Drier works ok for now
Stove has a couple bad programming buttons but does the basics
Dishwasher already covered.,  goes days without the start button working leaving a non functioning unit.  
Washing machine is a shit box.  The transmission leaks oil causing the tub to  bang around and walk the machine across the floor.  More than once I've checked on it to find it tethered by taught water hoses.

Lowest cost to make and ride the name into the dirt!
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 7:19:13 PM EDT
[#34]
The Bosch rebate is UP TO $200.  One more day to buy a product.....Sales may be happening this weekend

Bosch Benchmark Dishwasher Rebate Offer Valid:
10/1/2014 - 11/30/2014

Bosch Dishwasher Rebate Offer Valid:
11/1/2014 - 11/30/2014
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 7:22:38 PM EDT
[#35]
When it became time to replace my GE, I got a Whirlpool.  All in the house are happy with the job it does.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 7:29:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Do never buy Maytag or Whirlpool, made in Mexico from Chinese parts, total shit. I just got a Bosch to replace my dead $600 2.5 YO Whirlpool shit box. It took me a few cycles to warm up to the Bosch as it doesn't have a heater to dry dishes, when it stopped I whipped open the door and it was like a rain forest inside. I've learned to leave the door shut for awhile after it finishes and its GTG. Eruo washers don't have a food grinder either so remember to check the basket strainer if you often put food covered dishes in it so it doesn't smell. The Bosch is extremely quiet, the only noise is gurgling in the sink when its emptying water, they went as far as putting a red LED that shines on the floor so you know its doing something, and the third rack kicks ass for my nice knives so they don't get beat to fuck in a basket.

I'm keeping the Bosch.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 8:34:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
What ever you do don't buy Maytag anything.   Who ever bought the company F'd all their products up.  Utter garbage.  I had some problems with the buttons not working at times.  Sure enough I did an online search and the have a long long parade of problems with the circuitry as they're not protected from moisture.  Add in racks that split and rust, plastic bits that people complain about breaking.  I haven't had the latter two problems yet.  
\!
View Quote

Yup, pretty much describes my Maytag POS
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 8:47:51 PM EDT
[#38]
You want a Hobart Dishwasher...they also make under the counter dishwashers

http://www.hobartcorp.com/products/commercial-dishwashers/
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 10:00:16 PM EDT
[#39]
We have a Bosch. I works great with Finish Quantum tablets. It sucks when using Finish 3 in 1 tablets.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 10:01:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Nothing like a dishwasher that can give a Happy Ending
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 10:10:26 PM EDT
[#41]
I bought a kitchen aide a few months ago. Very happy with it so far.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 1:01:13 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I really like my Bosh.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I really like my Bosh.

Same here!
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 1:26:16 AM EDT
[#43]
I recently purchased a $900 Bosch dishwasher.  I am not impressed.  As others have mentioned there is no heat dry.  It doesn't have any heating element at all.

I find that if the dishes at the bottom are dirty it blows the debris from the dishes into my glasses.  So water glasses often end up much dirtier than when they were put in.  I find the only way to solve this problem is to immediately do an extra rinse cycle when the washing cycle finishes.  Then there's the joy of wet dishes. Your dishes will always end up wet and it will take forever and a day for them to air dry.... Hooray for wet dishes!

I wouldn't buy another Bosch.  Sure it's super quiet but that's really all it has going for it.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 1:38:13 AM EDT
[#44]
Get a fat chick. They work damn hard to keep a dude.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top