Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2014 10:40:36 AM EDT
What's her screen name?

Cops were called to her home twice Friday afternoon because 28-year-old Denis Volchkin was drunk, belligerent, and arguing with his mother, neighbors said.
When cops entered the home a second time, Volchkin lunged towards them with two knives while refusing orders to put the weapons down, police said. Cops responded by shooting him in the chest, police said.
“I stayed in the basement and heard shots,” his mom said. “At least they could have shot in the leg or arm.”
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 10:44:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 10:45:28 AM EDT
[#2]
If it's bad enough for them to shoot you, it's bad enough for them to kill you. Shooting to wound is only a thing in the movies.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 10:46:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Another score for "Hollywood Horseshit".
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 10:47:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Sounds more like the son was the member. If his last words were "Are you detaining me?!" we'll know for certain.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 10:47:59 AM EDT
[#5]
“At least they [could have] shot in the leg or arm.”

I love this type.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 10:48:02 AM EDT
[#6]
I guess she figures if someone is lunging at you with a knife you have sufficient time to aim for a non-lethal shot.

Link Posted: 10/6/2014 10:48:10 AM EDT
[#7]
"Sorry, Ma'am.  Some folks just need shootin'."
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 10:49:09 AM EDT
[#8]
"The distraught mom said cops should have shown restraint with her son — who police said had a lengthy arrest record, mostly for DWIs and drug possession."  Sounds like a shoot in the making for a while.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 10:49:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Shooting to wound is only a thing in the movies.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/6/2014 10:49:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Ummm because of the knives maybe.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 10:51:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Another score for "Hollywood Horseshit".
View Quote

Perhaps they could have just shot the knives out of his hands. Then he would have just shaken it off yet been completely ok, just like the movies. Where exactly do those bullets go after they hit the hard object, and why doesn't anyone loose a finger? Maybe the bullets go to the same Hollywood dreamland that the bullets that break rear car windows yet never hit occupants of the car anything else inside.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 11:45:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Good shoot.

There was a shooting here in VA a while back where an officer shot a kid who had a knife and was lunging at him.

One of the first comments I heard was "why didn't the officer shoot the knife out of the guys hand?".  
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 11:49:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Nope, neva heard that befo
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 11:49:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Liberals
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 11:52:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Liberals
View Quote

No idiots, although they are usually the same.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 11:52:57 AM EDT
[#16]
What do you expect the mother of someone who is shot to say? "Good shoot."

Yeah, mothers don't like seeing their children shot. Water is wet. The sky is blue.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 12:20:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Play stupid games.....
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 12:23:09 PM EDT
[#18]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/KWTuOAb.jpg

I can't see what you did there...
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 12:29:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Neither do I.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 12:31:25 PM EDT
[#20]
BOOM leg shot.  
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 12:33:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

From several years back.

ALBANY - Sen. David Paterson is pushing a bill that would require cops to shoot to wound, rather than using deadly force - drawing outrage from officers.

The bill also would create a new provision for second-degree manslaughter that would be reserved specifically for an officer who "uses more than the minimal amount necessary" to stop a crime suspect.

Paterson, who is on Eliot Spitzer's ticket as lieutenant governor, has reintroduced the bill twice since first sponsoring it in 2001, refusing to let it die.

In a memo urging its passage, Paterson wrote: "There is no justification for terminating another's life when a less extreme measure may accomplish the same objective."
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 12:36:17 PM EDT
[#22]
He made a move so the poleeece had to get it on.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 12:38:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Because the cops were on there donut break and were getting tired of being disturbed. If they  would have let moma take of the problem but she would bitch about that because she likes to have everyone else do her parenting for her.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 12:54:47 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/6/2014 12:59:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

From several years back.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

From several years back.

ALBANY - Sen. David Paterson is pushing a bill that would require cops to shoot to wound, rather than using deadly force - drawing outrage from officers.

The bill also would create a new provision for second-degree manslaughter that would be reserved specifically for an officer who "uses more than the minimal amount necessary" to stop a crime suspect.

Paterson, who is on Eliot Spitzer's ticket as lieutenant governor, has reintroduced the bill twice since first sponsoring it in 2001, refusing to let it die.

In a memo urging its passage, Paterson wrote: "There is no justification for terminating another's life when a less extreme measure may accomplish the same objective."

I knew that guy was framliar, i just couldn't place him.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 1:05:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
What's her screen name?

Cops were called to her home twice Friday afternoon because 28-year-old Denis Volchkin was drunk, belligerent, and arguing with his mother, neighbors said.
When cops entered the home a second time, Volchkin lunged towards them with two knives while refusing orders to put the weapons down, police said. Cops responded by shooting him in the chest, police said.
“I stayed in the basement and heard shots,” his mom said. “At least they could have shot in the leg or arm.”
View Quote
View Quote

Well, she WAS in the basement...
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 1:06:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Calling a cop is just using force by proxy.... a proxy that isn't always going to agree with your take on things.  Especially if you're a fucking moron that thinks you can wave knives around at people and not get shot....
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 1:08:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 1:16:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 1:19:27 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Calling a cop is just using force by proxy.... a proxy that isn't always going to agree with your take on things.  Especially if you're a fucking moron that thinks you can wave knives around at people and not get shot....
View Quote
It's all fun and games until the breadwinner is hauled off in cuffs or shot because someone couldn't act like an adult and handle their own business. Happens all the time.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top