[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Theres nothing funny about my job. It just fucking sucks
View Quote

this...
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 4:54:15 AM EDT
[#4]
My job has improved exponentially since my evil boss left several months ago. I no longer dred going into work every day.

The pay still sucks, but at least I don't have a giant asshole as my boss any more.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 5:02:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

this...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

this...

QFT
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 5:06:59 AM EDT
[#6]
i keep thinking about retiring and doing something else, but there's no way i want to start over.  especially at 45, with 25 years on.  i am soooo tired of it though.  i honestly don't know how much more i can take.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 5:09:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Told my wife the other day, after a particularly brutal shift, "If I wamted to get screwed this much I would have skkipped the military and become a gigolo"
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 5:36:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
My job has improved exponentially since my evil boss left several months ago. I no longer dred going into work every day.

The pay still sucks, but at least I don't have a giant asshole as my boss any more.
View Quote

I've experienced that wonderful situation: rotten boss leaves and things get better. Wish it was a universal experience.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 5:42:07 AM EDT
[#9]
The best thing about my job?  The work/life balance.

If you work all the fucking time, you don't have to worry about trying to balance a life!
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 5:43:21 AM EDT
[#10]
I hate my job with the fire of 1000 hells.

There right now
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 5:45:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 6:44:54 AM EDT
[#12]
time for work
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 7:20:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Meh.  I love my job, its the passive aggressive, jealous "educated"  little babies at corporate that hate me and make my job hell.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 7:22:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Dont mind the job,,hate the boss, grade A douchebag that only does things at the sacrifice of others, to move his career along, err i should say "Save" his career, the big wigs dont really care to smell someone reeking of booze at their management meetings. So his head is on the chopping block and will do whatever it takes to make himself look good.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 7:40:14 AM EDT
[#15]
I dont hate my job. I just hate shitty management.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 7:42:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Buschenmacher, researcher and writer.  I love my job.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 7:45:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

BINGO!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 7:51:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

BINGO!!!!!!!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

BINGO!!!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPrSVkTRb24
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 7:54:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 7:56:30 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes, this is especially true in secondary education, where you can be a pie-in-the-sky administrator having only previously certified in teaching elementary students.

If you suck at discipline, teenagers home in on that shit and shitty behavior spreads like a cancer.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 7:56:57 AM EDT
[#21]
We run like a well oiled monkey fucking a football.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 7:57:41 AM EDT
[#22]
been my theme song since the 90's

Link Posted: 10/4/2014 7:57:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Looks like a bunch of you arent as valuable as you think you are. Otherwise you'd quit and go somehwere better.

I just can't stand when someone stays at a job, but bitches about it. If it's that bad, quit.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 7:58:25 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Its amazing what not having a gigantic prick lording over you will do for a mans soul.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 8:02:44 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Looks like a bunch of you arent as valuable as you think you are. Otherwise you'd quit and go somehwere better.

I just can't stand when someone stays at a job, but bitches about it. If it's that bad, quit.
View Quote

gotta secure a new position first.  i'm out of fucking education as soon as the first promising opportunity presents itself.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 8:04:06 AM EDT
[#26]
My job would be a LOT easier if

FUCKING
PEOPLE
WOULD
FOLLOW
THE FUCKING
PROTOCOLS
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 8:05:56 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

gotta secure a new position first.  i'm out of fucking education as soon as the first promising opportunity presents itself.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly.  I have responsibilities.  Can't just up and quit until I secure something else.  It doesn't bother me when ppl bitch about there job.  What bothers me when the ppl who bitch but do nothing to find other employment.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 8:06:10 AM EDT
[#28]
My gig is cool as tits, it's just hard sometimes because installing flooring in a half built mobile home with no air conditioning when it's 100 degrees outside sucks dicks by the gallon.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 8:07:03 AM EDT
[#29]
Mine sucks too and I'm beginning to do less and less because of it. To be honest they want charts and graphs instead of results.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 8:07:03 AM EDT
[#30]
Double tap bacause the job sucks twice as bad as it once did!
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 8:15:32 AM EDT
[#31]
Nope love my job. It's a bit boring at times but I get paid well so I don't really care.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 8:29:14 AM EDT
[#32]
This thread is timely.

I like my job, I like my boss and I am repeatedly told I am doing a great job by my boss and our customers.

However, I am getting burned out on being on call 24/7. Tired of "emergency" runs late in the day that once completed find out that there was no "emergency" nor did they need the equipment until the next day.
I am tired of piss poor information.
I am tired of lack of communication.
I am tired of my fellow employees fucking shit up and not being as efficient/quick as I am, even though I am older, broken and fat.
I am tired of my fellow employees consistantly taking time off for utter bullshit, thus leaving me to shoulder the remaining work.
I am tired of explaining how to secure loads of specialized equipment repeatedly to the same 4 jackasses.

Lets face it, I am just tired.

That said, I can't see myself doing anything else and will just suck it up and carry on.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 8:30:13 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

View Quote

Gonna be a lot of this today.

Link Posted: 10/4/2014 8:44:20 AM EDT
[#34]
I wish I had anything nice to add to this thread, but I don't.  My company is in a cycle of business and HR types trying to crater the place and then jump ship to something better before they have to be burdened by the consequences of their actions.

The HR zombie whose been the hatchet-man for killing 25% of the engineering staff is already on their way out.  They'll certainly be advertising to their next employer that they streamlined the organization to make it achieve its cost targets.  There will be no mention that in another two years my group will lose a contract for the first time in 15 years because we've been understaffed since 2012, people are burnt out and leaving, and the customer is fed up with our inability to deliver on promises we made before the HR and business types took over engineering.

And in the end the only people who care will be those of us in my group losing our jobs because we lost the contracts.  We're about 25 people, bringing in about $150,000,000 of revenue to the company every year, vastly out of proportion with the rest of the business in terms of revenue/employee.  But in the grand scheme we're only about 1% - 2% of the company's total revenue and 0.5% of its employees.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 8:47:44 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
My job would be a LOT easier if

FUCKING
PEOPLE
WOULD
FOLLOW
THE FUCKING
PROTOCOLS
View Quote

You sound like my supervisor.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 8:51:25 AM EDT
[#36]
I am in the Corporate Office and I love my job. I make the jobs of those below me a living hell because I am jealous of them. I normally tell them " you don't want my job or you would have worked hard enough to get it by now"...or something similarly passive aggressive. My schooling taught me that.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 9:14:28 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 9:46:26 AM EDT
[#38]
I no longer hate my job. I have abandoned all hope.

Link Posted: 10/4/2014 10:04:06 AM EDT
[#39]
I really hate may job. When I started almost 10 years ago, 2 out of 10 employees were family (owner and his sister), now 9 out of 12 are family. It fucking sucks. Bunch of spoiled little fuckers wouldn't know a hard days work if it fucked them in the ass.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 10:04:35 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 10:05:00 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Meh.  I love my job, its the passive aggressive, jealous "educated"  little babies at corporate that hate me and make my job hell.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 10:07:59 AM EDT
[#42]
I'm just counting the time until I retire...
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 10:10:48 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Looks like you have stumbled into a frustrating thread then fun guy.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 10:12:41 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

DING DING DING!
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 10:19:11 AM EDT
[#45]
My administrator rose to her rank for some mystery reason. He was a HS Spanish teacher for 4 years. Work in the County Office as an ESOL compliance person for 3, an AP for 2 years, and now the Principal. She isn't even certified for Elementary Ed or Ed Leadership.

The ONLY thing that puts her ahead of others is her Spanish, but she speaks white girl Spanish. I speak better Spanish than her.

I won't go into any further details, but I do know an ARFCOMMER's wife works with me and it's nothing but tard-hour nonstop at my school.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 10:19:40 AM EDT
[#46]
My job had required a 3 man crew since the 1950's. As of a month ago we are now a 2 man crew. Its working out just swell
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 10:22:13 AM EDT
[#47]
I actually like my job for the most part. Some of the people I have to deal with can make it miserable at times.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 10:29:16 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 10:37:44 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I wish I had anything nice to add to this thread, but I don't.  My company is in a cycle of business and HR types trying to crater the place and then jump ship to something better before they have to be burdened by the consequences of their actions.

The HR zombie whose been the hatchet-man for killing 25% of the engineering staff is already on their way out.  They'll certainly be advertising to their next employer that they streamlined the organization to make it achieve its cost targets.  There will be no mention that in another two years my group will lose a contract for the first time in 15 years because we've been understaffed since 2012, people are burnt out and leaving, and the customer is fed up with our inability to deliver on promises we made before the HR and business types took over engineering.

And in the end the only people who care will be those of us in my group losing our jobs because we lost the contracts.  We're about 25 people, bringing in about $150,000,000 of revenue to the company every year, vastly out of proportion with the rest of the business in terms of revenue/employee.  But in the grand scheme we're only about 1% - 2% of the company's total revenue and 0.5% of its employees.
View Quote

Sounds alot like where I work.  The company was recently acquired by the Brits.  Now, they have bitten off more than they can chew in contracts.  The Brits are driving the company into the ground with piss poor management.  Our President, VP have resigned in disgust.  Weve gone through 3 Supply Chain Directors in the last 2 years.  Most newer people quit within 6 months.

I got lucky and like my position.  About 30 people applied on it internally when it was posted, and they hired me in from the outside.  Now I've got a bunch of passive agressive whiny little bitches treating me like shit because they didnt get the job.  Oh well. Fuck em'
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 10:38:19 AM EDT
[#50]
I'm getting too old for construction. The guys I work with are ten or so years older than me, and are all busted up.
Sadly, it's all I know. I think I'd really rather be a ship Captain.
Some days, I'd rather be the squeegee boy at Amazing video.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top