Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2014 6:39:48 PM EDT
I got an offer to be a consultant on an architectural project for a healthcare facility.  It would have been a nice chunk of extra money.

Compliance department at my current employer said hell no to my request.

I figured they would, but I was hoping.  My supervisor was all for it, but it just wasn't meant to be.

I know, weak rant, so here is a picture of a woman who will never be my girlfriend

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 6:41:10 PM EDT
[#1]
In before the flightless bird. Your not-girlfriend is hot.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 6:42:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Were your legally bound to ask your current wagemaster
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 6:43:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Take sabbatical.
Do consulting gig
Maybe return from sabbatical, maybe stay on your own and pocket the profits from your work.
Enjoy seeing non-revenue producing lawyers at former company get laid off.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 6:46:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Were your legally bound to ask your current wagemaster
View Quote

Kinda sorta yes.  

Even though I often use the old "It's better to beg forgiveness than ask permission" routine, I knew this one was very knife edge.  

I developed the Security Construction guidelines for my company (Health Care Facility) that are used at most of our facilities.  I did it while employed here.

I was asked by an architectural firm to do the same thing for another, sort of competing, health care facility.  

If that's not a conflict of interest, I don't really know what one is.

I would much rather make sure I was in the clear before doing something that could get me fired.  I love my job.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 6:47:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In before the flightless bird. Your not-girlfriend is hot.
View Quote

I have good taste.  Her name is Caitriona Balfe.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top