Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2014 4:24:30 PM EDT
I have been searching around for a nice sedan to trade my Mustang in for.  My Mustang is a fun car and I love it, but a Sedan would be much better suited for my family.  If I trade my car in, its going to be for something with some balls.

I found a 2011 E550 Mercedes at a local dealership and its priced very well.  However, I am confused.  From my understanding the AMG car for the E class is the E63.  Thats the car I would prefer of course.  However, the E550 that I found has an AMG badge.

I am having one hell of a hard time finding any information on an E550 AMG.  From what I understand there isnt an E550 AMG, but there is an E550 Sedan that you can add the AMG package to.  Is this right?

If so, what does the AMG package include?  Is the engine upgraded to the TT 6.2L V8 with 518 horsepower?  Or is it the 4.6L TT V8 with 406 horsepower?
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 4:41:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I had an older version of that car. It's just the "Sport Styling Package", I believe. Sportier suspension, AMG wheels and badges, and I think aluminum trim instead of wood, and an AMG steering wheel. Mine was a few years older but I bet it's the same thing. Engine is same as regular model. Most models have either the Luxury or the Sport package.

Mine was an E500 but it had AMG wheels and badges, and definitely a sportier suspension. I am 99% sure the one you are talking about is a plain-jane E550 with the Sport Styling Package.

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 4:45:01 PM EDT
[#2]
It's likely an amg appearance package on the regular E550. all the European manufacturers are doing these style packs and diluting the exclusivity of the vehicles that actually earn the badging
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 4:51:42 PM EDT
[#3]
What they said.

PM me the VIN.

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 5:09:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What they said.

PM me the VIN.

View Quote

Sent
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top