Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 3:36:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Good Ticket.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 3:44:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I liked the Officers comment as he approached the vehicle, after he saw the .gov tag,
"Naaaaaaaa, don't care."
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 3:47:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Not sure what model year that pickup is but I assure you that 2013 f150s are most definitely limited to 98.

Dumb to be going that fast on wet roads and without some legitimate urgency.  Good ticket, but it won't change her behavior.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 6:00:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not sure what model year that pickup is but I assure you that 2013 f150s are most definitely limited to 98.

Dumb to be going that fast on wet roads and without some legitimate urgency.  Good ticket, but it won't change her behavior.  
View Quote

Possibly left ungoverned because it was going into a government fleet where it might end up serving as an undercover police vehicle?

Whatever the case that government official is certainly going to have to justify that behavior to the voters.  Don't know about FL, but anything in excess of 15 over the speed limit has been instant jail and license suspension for felony speeding in a lot of places I've lived.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 6:03:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Possibly left ungoverned because it was going into a government fleet where it might end up serving as an undercover police vehicle?

Whatever the case that government official is certainly going to have to justify that behavior to the voters.  Don't know about FL, but anything in excess of 15 over the speed limit has been instant jail and license suspension for felony speeding in a lot of places I've lived.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No. That isn't true.

What states have a felony speeding law ? I've heard this many times but upon checking its never true.

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 6:07:19 PM EDT
[#6]

More equal?

She got a ticket, and lost her city vehicle privileges.

Seems she got the same treatment as you would.

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 6:07:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

No. That isn't true.

What states have a felony speeding law ? I've heard this many times but upon checking its never true.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No. That isn't true.

NC does.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 6:11:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

NC does.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No. That isn't true.

NC does.

Just for simple speeding ? Do you have a link ?

I found a felony speeding law in NC, but it relates to speeding while fleeing/eluding from the police. I don't really think thats fair to call that felony speeding.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 6:15:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Can't say I blame her. Have you seen Osceola County lately?  
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 6:17:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It had a governor.  This happened in my county.  Fleet maintenance said that the governor allows the vehicle to travel at 101mph, and will allow short spurts up to 106mph.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 6:22:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

No. That isn't true.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No. That isn't true.

Florida has it. I just looked and it is 50mph over.  They will arrest you and impound your vehicle at 30+ over.  Lots of bikers got hit with this when this law came into effect.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 6:23:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I liked the Officers comment as he approached the vehicle, after he saw the .gov tag,
"Naaaaaaaa, don't care."
View Quote

That's becaue he is a state employed trooper and saw it was a county marked tag indicating it was only a county owned vehicle and not a state owned and marked tag. The attitude would've been different if it we're some state legislator who votes on FHP's pay raises. Trust me.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 6:24:05 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Good Ticket.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 6:25:33 PM EDT
[#14]

Apparently not. She got the ticket.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 6:27:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Florida has it. IIRC it is 30 over.  They will arrest you and impound your vehicle.  Lots of bikers got hit with this when this law came into effect.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No. That isn't true.

Florida has it. IIRC it is 30 over.  They will arrest you and impound your vehicle.  Lots of bikers got hit with this when this law came into effect.

I can believe the arrest and impound.

I don't believe felony.

Some lawyer site from florida claimed it was a misdemeanor.

Do you have a cite ?
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 6:27:34 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
That's becaue he is a state employed trooper and saw it was a county marked tag indicating it was only a county owned vehicle and not a state owned and marked tag. The attitude would've been different if it we're some state legislator who votes on FHP's pay raises. Trust me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

"Naaaaaaaa, don't care."

eh, maybe.

35+ over in the rain won't win you many favors.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 6:29:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Good cite. Still not as good as this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RL8BtQsG_U (it's the one where the florida trooper pulls over Miami officer for speeding in cruiser)
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 7:08:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I don't believe felony.

Do you have a cite ?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No. That isn't true.

I don't believe felony.

Do you have a cite ?

Found something on a search.  Florida impounds at 30 over.  At 50 over it is a felony if it is a habitual offender.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/LIVING/wayoflife/03/04/aa.speeding.ticket/index.html?iref=24hours

It states in the article:  In Florida, a third offense for driving 50 mph over the limit is a felony.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 7:21:04 PM EDT
[#19]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top