Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/13/2014 5:10:57 PM EDT
I suddenly got 3 emails from these folks today.

I don't get much spam. Is it possible that Cabelas, Midway or Brownells is selling email lists?

Anybody ever hear of this outfit? Maybe just phishing?
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 11:51:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I've been getting a lot of spam from these guys, too. I've just unsubscribed for the 2nd time. We'll see.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 10:59:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Just wanted to add that I've been getting this email for a while now too. The email service this company uses is in Poland, which makes no sense. Unsubscribe doesn't work. Apparently there is a real store in Houston, at least according to the Texas Hunting Forum guys, but he's not following the CANSPAM laws, so I'd be wary of doing any business with them.  http://www.texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/5277291/Re:_munireusa.com
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 11:02:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've been getting a lot of spam from these guys, too. I've just unsubscribed for the 2nd time. We'll see.
View Quote

That doesn't work and many times just reconfirms your email address as being active.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 11:04:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

That doesn't work and many times just reconfirms your email address as being active.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly. Just drag it to spam and let you spam filters deal with it.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 11:12:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Just wanted to add that I've been getting this email for a while now too. The email service this company uses is in Poland, which makes no sense. Unsubscribe doesn't work. Apparently there is a real store in Houston, at least according to the Texas Hunting Forum guys, but he's not following the CANSPAM laws, so I'd be wary of doing any business with them.  http://www.texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/5277291/Re:_munireusa.com
View Quote

There is a real location to pick up ammo; I've been there. It's not store per se. The owner and his wife were there at their warehouse. He is an interesting guy.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 11:17:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I've been getting a lot of spam from these guys, too. I've just unsubscribed confirmed that this was a valid email address for the 2nd time. We'll see.
View Quote

fixed it for you
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 11:20:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Someone who has you on their mailing list might have just gotten a bug.
It steals everyone on their address book looking for good e mail addresses.
Digs through their cookies and will set up a profile. Chances are they have friends with similar interests.

Then they sell it to company's for their promotions.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 11:30:59 AM EDT
[#8]
if you sign up for a mail list, create an email address like _hacker_amazon@somedomain or _hacker_brownells@somedomain then forward it to your regular email address.  then when you start seeing spam on there from unknown places, you have a good idea who sells your info to who. it helps to correlate spam with friends... sometimes spam happens other ways. also this doesnt imply at all that amazon or brownells sells for info, i have no idea if they do or not.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top