Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2014 3:58:22 AM EDT
where is BHO and the other libtards tweeting about this guy being killed?
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 4:07:24 AM EDT
[#1]
A good man.  I briefed him on multiple occasions in the past few years.  Very "New York" sensibilities and demeanor, but a honestly and thoroughly nice guy.

His funeral is today...he and his family are in my thoughts.

RIP, sir.

Link Posted: 8/12/2014 4:23:57 AM EDT
[#2]
I've been incommunicado for a week.  What happened?  Sorry no cell coverage at Scout Camp in the mountains.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 4:25:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've been incommunicado for a week.  What happened?  Sorry no cell coverage at Scout Camp in the mountains.
View Quote

Green on Blue attack in AFG. http://online.wsj.com/articles/body-of-gen-greene-returned-to-u-s-1407421590
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 4:28:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Was it "BHO and the other libtards" that sent the military to Afghanistan?  I get that you cant pass up an opportunity to bag on the president but you are bagging on the wrong president in this case.  This is an example of why "libtards" think of conservatives as ignorant racists.  There are lots of things the president can be criticized for but Afghanistan is the last guy's war.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 4:30:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Was it "BHO and the other libtards" that sent the military to Afghanistan?  I get that you cant pass up an opportunity to bag on the president but you are bagging on the wrong president in this case.  This is an example of why "libtards" think of conservatives as ignorant racists.  There are lots of things the president can be criticized for but Afghanistan is the last guy's war.
View Quote

No one else has been commander in chief for the last 6 years
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 4:34:31 AM EDT
[#6]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Green on Blue attack in AFG. http://online.wsj.com/articles/body-of-gen-greene-returned-to-u-s-1407421590

Link Posted: 8/12/2014 4:38:49 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Was it "BHO and the other libtards" that sent the military to Afghanistan? Maybe not, but in spite of repeated assurances, they've only had 6 years to get them out, and like everything else, have totally fucked it up. I get that you cant pass up continuous opportunities to bag on the president but you are bagging on the guy who was on vacation wrong president in this case.  This is an example of why "libtards" think of conservatives as always show themselves as ignorant racists.  There are lots and lots of things the president can be criticized for but Afghanistan is certainly just another example the last guy's war.
View Quote

fixed it.

Link Posted: 8/12/2014 4:40:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

fixed it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Was it "BHO and the other libtards" that sent the military to Afghanistan? Maybe not, but in spite of repeated assurances, they've only had 6 years to get them out, and like everything else, have totally fucked it up. I get that you cant pass up continuous opportunities to bag on the president but you are bagging on the guy who was on vacation wrong president in this case.  This is an example of why "libtards" think of conservatives as always show themselves as ignorant racists.  There are lots and lots of things the president can be criticized for but Afghanistan is certainly just another example the last guy's war.

fixed it.

Nice work.

ETA: Rip General. Condolences to the family and fuck be upon the ROP.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 4:42:23 AM EDT
[#9]
I believe that W still holds the record for most vacation days.  I don't think they should have any vacation besides holidays.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 4:47:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I believe that W still holds the record for most vacation days.  I don't think they should have any vacation besides holidays.
View Quote

W held meetings and formulated policy and hosted official visitors at Crawford. Obama has played 180 rounds of golf in the last six years.

And it doesn't matter who "sent the military" to Afghanistan. An American General Officer was killed and zero statements were made by the Commander in Chief. That's inexcusable. Fuck him.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 4:49:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Use that excuse when you assume a new position at a job that has lingering problems from the last guy in charge.

And, no one forced Barack into the presidency.  He seemed to campaign, raise funds, participate in debates, etc to ensure that Afghanistan could be his problem.  There were no surprises for him going into the office- except his own incompetence.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 4:49:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Tell that to Congress as well.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 4:52:03 AM EDT
[#13]
It's a disgrace that nothing is being mentioned about General Greene so far.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 4:52:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Right on!......
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 4:53:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

fixed it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

fixed it.

tastefully done.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 5:03:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

When you buy a car and drive it for 6 years...........are you responsible for the maintenance and upkeep or is it still the previous owner?
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 5:20:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Bush's fault!
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 5:43:30 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View Quote

How long has FBHO been in office?
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 5:50:17 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View Quote

SO the sitting President is nothing more than a slave to the previous president's actions? He has no authority or ability to influence current events?

Thanks for the info, I guess we should have made Bush President for Life since everything he did was permanent.

Link Posted: 8/12/2014 5:53:14 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

So it's "Bush's fault"?

Link Posted: 8/12/2014 5:56:09 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

W held meetings and formulated policy and hosted official visitors at Crawford. Obama has played 180 rounds of golf in the last six years.

And it doesn't matter who "sent the military" to Afghanistan. An American General Officer was killed and zero statements were made by the Commander in Chief. That's inexcusable. Fuck him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.  Doesn't have fuck all to do with who started or ended what.  His protocol people are asleep at the switch.

One thing I saw was that NBC had a story on them bringing back his body while CBS had already moved on to the newest Hollywood news.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 5:59:41 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
Knowing a former chief of security for President Bush, I can tell you
that Crawford and Camp David were considered secure locations (unlike
Martha's Vineyard, Honolulu, or any of over 80 golf courses).  In fact, most Secret Service considered Camp David more secure than the White House.  I am sure
days at Crawford and Camp David are being included in your disingenuous vacation day
count above.  When Bush would go to these locations during holidays, a lot
of secret service could be home with their families for those holidays. When Bush was at Camp David, people at the Whitehouse could stand down.
When Bush was in Texas, alot of people in DC could stand down.  It is no
secret that secret service deeply appreciated Bush for his constant
empathy and concern for his security personnel.  Another reason that Bush spent so much time in Crawford is that unlike this president, Bush and his family had many friends and family back from where they originated.

Bush routinely would
take visits from foreign dignitaries at Camp David so that motorcades
would not be constantly screwing up DC and to keep foreign security
personnel out of DC.  The office at Camp David was were Bush typically went to really get things done.  All of the presidential staff would rather be at Camp David because there was way more room, less traffic, less noise and great food in the cafeteria. Not being in the White House does not equate to
being on vacation.  

Rumor has it that the current president has
already spent four times more than Bush did in 8 years on security and the security
personnel turnover of the current president is high.  I can attest to the fact that this president routinely motorcades around the city waving like a call girl and does at least two
nights a month at the Washington Hilton for "fundraisers."

Link Posted: 8/12/2014 6:06:17 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Knowing a former chief of security for President Bush, I can tell you that Crawford and Camp David were considered secure locations (unlike Martha's Vineyard, Honolulu, or any of over 80 golf courses).  In fact, most Secret Service considered Camp David more secure than the White House.  I am sure days at Crawford and Camp David are being included in your disingenuous vacation day count above.  When Bush would go to these locations during holidays, a lot of secret service could be home with their families for those holidays. When Bush was at Camp David, people at the Whitehouse could stand down. When Bush was in Texas, alot of people in DC could stand down.  It is no secret that secret service deeply appreciated Bush for his constant empathy and concern for his security personnel.  Another reason that Bush spent so much time in Crawford is that unlike this president, Bush and his family had many friends and family back from where they originated.

Bush routinely would take visits from foreign dignitaries at Camp David so that motorcades would not be constantly screwing up DC and to keep foreign security personnel out of DC.  The office at Camp David was were Bush typically went to really get things done.  All of the presidential staff would rather be at Camp David because there was way more room, less traffic, less noise and great food in the cafeteria. Not being in the White House does not equate to being on vacation.  

Rumor has it that the current president has already spent four times more than Bush did in 8 years on security and the security personnel turnover of the current president is high.  I can attest to the fact that this president routinely motorcades around the city waving like a call girl and does at least two nights a month at the Washington Hilton for "fundraisers."  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Knowing a former chief of security for President Bush, I can tell you that Crawford and Camp David were considered secure locations (unlike Martha's Vineyard, Honolulu, or any of over 80 golf courses).  In fact, most Secret Service considered Camp David more secure than the White House.  I am sure days at Crawford and Camp David are being included in your disingenuous vacation day count above.  When Bush would go to these locations during holidays, a lot of secret service could be home with their families for those holidays. When Bush was at Camp David, people at the Whitehouse could stand down. When Bush was in Texas, alot of people in DC could stand down.  It is no secret that secret service deeply appreciated Bush for his constant empathy and concern for his security personnel.  Another reason that Bush spent so much time in Crawford is that unlike this president, Bush and his family had many friends and family back from where they originated.

Bush routinely would take visits from foreign dignitaries at Camp David so that motorcades would not be constantly screwing up DC and to keep foreign security personnel out of DC.  The office at Camp David was were Bush typically went to really get things done.  All of the presidential staff would rather be at Camp David because there was way more room, less traffic, less noise and great food in the cafeteria. Not being in the White House does not equate to being on vacation.  

Rumor has it that the current president has already spent four times more than Bush did in 8 years on security and the security personnel turnover of the current president is high.  I can attest to the fact that this president routinely motorcades around the city waving like a call girl and does at least two nights a month at the Washington Hilton for "fundraisers."  

Thanks for your insight Astrafire.

May Gen. Green RIP.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 6:14:41 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Drinking the koolaid there buddy?

Link Posted: 8/12/2014 6:15:35 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

HMX-1 crewchief
02-06
You assessment is pretty accurate with regard to Western Whitehouse and David.  More business less bustle.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 6:15:49 AM EDT
[#26]
they are trying to ban the guns that shot him, what more do you want?
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 6:17:11 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

At least he was out cutting brush a lot of the time.

As opposed to.

Hell even Clinton is more of a man than the Halfrican.

BTW.....If you are the POTUS you own any conflict our country is involved in. Fix problem, not blame.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 6:20:19 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

is Bush keeping him from making a statement on the matter also?

That Bush - always an asshole
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 6:23:46 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
A good man.  I briefed him on multiple occasions in the past few years.  Very "New York" sensibilities and demeanor, but a honestly and thoroughly nice guy.

His funeral is today...he and his family are in my thoughts.

RIP, sir.

View Quote

He was a friend of my stepfather, he will be missed he was good guy.

Edit:  Oh and FBHO and fuck be upon his apologists
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 6:26:46 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 6:29:47 AM EDT
[#31]
View Quote

Reacting to criticism and saying something several days after an event is not the same and you know it.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 6:37:32 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Reacting to criticism and saying something several days after an event is not the same and you know it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I'm surprised he said anything - didn't see that anywhere (not that he needs to get up and make a press conference - but it should be publicly noted for a flag officer imo)

Link Posted: 8/12/2014 6:38:14 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

OP wanted to know where Obama's comments on it were.  There it is.  And a statement was given regarding the incident the very same day it occurred during the White House press briefing.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 6:49:03 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Drinking the koolaid there buddy?

http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/124/23e/2cc/resized/obama-laugh-meme-generator-just-blame-bush-those-idiots-will-keep-falling-for-it-55dea8.jpg

Not drinking the koolaid but I think the line should be fuck both of them and their cabinets.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 10:31:24 AM EDT
[#35]
Vacations aside, I want to see a comparison of how much of the peoples' money each used on their holidays. I'm thinking O comes out WAY ahead of W in that respect.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top