Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2014 11:56:47 PM EDT
Of the two photos I took today (on my LG G2) I managed to see the bullet in flight! Timing it was helped by a long DA pull. I think its pretty cool that you can see the twisting motion of the bullet. Lets see your cool (and likely higher quality) range photos!

And no, there will be no more photos of the girl.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 11:58:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice and unique. Be sure and stand your ground. GD is infested with Pervs.
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 12:00:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Or it's the brass ejecting.....
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 12:01:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Or it's the brass ejecting.....
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/10/2014 12:02:56 AM EDT
[#4]
That appears to be the ejected brass flinging through the air. Still a cool picture though.
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 12:05:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
That appears to be the ejected brass flinging through the air. Still a cool picture though.
View Quote

I thought of this, but I don't think so. My reason is that I took a photo right before this, and when zoomed in you see 4 holes in the previous photo, and 4 in this one, meaning the bullet hasn't gone through yet.
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 12:07:11 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I thought of this, but I don't think so. My reason is that I took a photo right before this, and when zoomed in you see 4 holes in the previous target, and 4 in this one, meaning the bullet hasn't gone through yet.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I thought of this, but I don't think so. My reason is that I took a photo right before this, and when zoomed in you see 4 holes in the previous target, and 4 in this one, meaning the bullet hasn't gone through yet.
So this is your brass looking bullet tumbling towards key-holing then?

Link Posted: 8/10/2014 12:09:03 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View Quote

Yep.
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 12:10:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I thought of this, but I don't think so. My reason is that I took a photo right before this, and when zoomed in you see 4 holes in the previous photo, and 4 in this one, meaning the bullet hasn't gone through yet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gun is in recoil so the bullet is long gone.  The bullet wouldn't be arcing that close, what you are seeing is the brass arcing out to the right and tumbling.   She either missed or double tapped a hole.   That's brass, which is still a cool shot.
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 12:10:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damnit guys! I was holding on to having a great photo! The round was brass-jacketed (been using Perfecta 9mm lately), but I suppose you're right.

EDIT:
Quoted:
Gun is in recoil so the bullet is long gone.  The bullet wouldn't be arcing that close, what you are seeing is the brass arcing out to the right and tumbling.   She either missed or double tapped a hole.   That's brass, which is still a cool shot.

I hope she didn't miss! That target was about 15' away and she was doing pretty good (especially since she'd never shot before).
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 12:14:53 AM EDT
[#10]
No more photos of the girl?

What, is it a tranny ?
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 12:19:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Damnit guys! I was holding on to having a great photo! The round was brass-jacketed (been using Perfecta 9mm lately), but I suppose you're right.

EDIT:

I hope she didn't miss! That target was about 15' away and she was doing pretty good (especially since she'd never shot before).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

EDIT:
Quoted:

I've seen worse unfortunately

If the shooter is your girl I'd call it a double then, or else she'd cut you off.
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 3:05:31 AM EDT
[#12]
My first and only time at a long range outdoor shot I was completely amazed looking through the spotting scope and watching 308 rounds travel all matrixy down the range. Very cool shit.
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 3:07:26 AM EDT
[#13]

Link Posted: 8/10/2014 3:08:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Sort bro, it's brass

Photo looks about 1/15 second exposure, which means that 9mm would have gone about 70 feet in that time frame, not the foot or so shown
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 3:13:19 AM EDT
[#15]
It's the brass .... no cell phone is fast fast enough to catch a bullet unless the bullet is fired directly at the cell phone!

Wanna catch the bullet in flight ..... get the right equipment, and not a cell phone.

Cell phones really are poor substitutes for real cameras.

But I digress .... the masses are being led like lemmings down the 'cell phone cameras are good enough' path.

EDIT:  Next time shoot video ...... if you are lucky and I mean really lucky and do a frame by frame search you might find a glimpse of the bullet.    Firing a tracer round might help you spot it.

Link Posted: 8/10/2014 3:22:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Ehhh what range was that?  RSO needs to freaking get to work on cleaning that shit up.
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 3:26:10 AM EDT
[#17]
That is clearly brass ejecting.
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 3:27:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Ehhh what range was that?  RSO needs to freaking get to work on cleaning that shit up.
View Quote

Old habits die hard.
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 3:28:58 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Old habits die hard.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Old habits die hard.
It landed me a job as CRSO at a local range and I kept the place fucking PRISTINE.

eta-  There's no clean range like a range Managed by a Cav scout who's gone high and right, and a guy with Marine induced cleaning and range safety OCD.

Link Posted: 8/10/2014 3:41:37 AM EDT
[#20]
local range does not allow cameras.
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 3:43:44 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Lets see your cool (and likely higher quality) range photos!
View Quote

not until we see more pictures of the girl.
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 3:53:55 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

EDIT:

I hope she didn't miss! That target was about 15' away and she was doing pretty inconsistantly good (especially since she'd never shot before).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

EDIT:
Quoted:

I hope she didn't miss! That target was about 15' away and she was doing pretty inconsistantly good (especially since she'd never shot before).

FIFY.
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 4:09:14 AM EDT
[#23]
No. Show us the girl.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top