Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 7/13/2014 11:19:37 AM EDT
There are some fricken amazing painters out there.  The weathering on these is just unreal.  I grabbed most of these from WW2 diorama art on facebook.  About the only good thing about fb.  The mine explosion is awesome, but my favorite is the Jagdtiger

Link Posted: 7/13/2014 11:23:46 AM EDT
[#1]
The guy sure does have his "rust" effect down pat!
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 11:27:16 AM EDT
[#2]
WOW
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 11:28:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Awesome.  I would love to build some nice dioramas like that.

Here's my Elefant assault gun hanging around outside one early spring day.

And here's my humongous 1/16th scale limited edition Tiger I, with steel tracks, a steel barrel, and a removable engine, hanging around waiting for me to build some kind of diorama to display it better.

Yes, that is a Slim Jim on the side.  Panzerwaffe crews always carried gigantic Slim Jims to snack on.

(I did not make either of these models.  They were professionally built.  If I made them they would be all fucked up ).

Link Posted: 7/13/2014 11:30:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 11:30:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Incredible detail , great work ....loads of skill there .
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 11:31:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The guy sure does have his "rust" effect down pat!
View Quote

Amazing isn't it? I don't have that kinda patience or skill
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 11:33:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Pretty cool. Thanks for posting.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 11:34:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Wonder what the back story is on the Jagdtiger?

The inside of the Hetzer is phenomenal too. Looks like he re-purposed some rifle rounds for that.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 11:36:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Some incredible detail there.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 11:40:09 AM EDT
[#10]

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 11:43:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Pretty cool, wish I had that kind of artistic talent.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 11:48:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 11:49:08 AM EDT
[#13]
The explosion one is just badass. my fav of the group.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 11:50:38 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View Quote

absolutely amazing.  When I saw that my jaw dropped.  

Link Posted: 7/13/2014 11:52:26 AM EDT
[#15]
While all of them are really cool, when I got the the truck hitting the mine, I was like, .
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 11:55:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Pretty cool. Thanks for posting.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 11:56:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What I wonder is if he made that blast effect himself out of plaster or something, or if it was a kit of some sort that you can buy.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 12:00:16 PM EDT
[#18]
That truck being tossed is amazing.  Thank you.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 12:03:38 PM EDT
[#19]
awesome work
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 12:07:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

What I wonder is if he made that blast effect himself out of plaster or something, or if it was a kit of some sort that you can buy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I do not know for certain but most all of the details and things like that are scratch made.

I used to assemble some models but had to give it up for lack of space. (took me 30 minutes to set everything up and 30 minutes to break it down)

Anyway.

If you want your models to look like that you scratch build. Model stores sell all sorts of styrene pieces to work with.

The best looking models?? Buy the model, throw it all away. then scratch build everything.

Link Posted: 7/13/2014 12:17:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I do not know for certain but most all of the details and things like that are scratch made.

I used to assemble some models but had to give it up for lack of space. (took me 30 minutes to set everything up and 30 minutes to break it down)

Anyway.

If you want your models to look like that you scratch build. Model stores sell all sorts of styrene pieces to work with.

The best looking models?? Buy the model, throw it all away. then scratch build everything.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anyway.

The detailing in that blast effect (surface cratering effect, plasma/flame effect, shrapnel and smoke effect) would have required an infinite amount of patience and skill to hand carve out of styrene.

If that is what he did, that is amazing.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 12:25:17 PM EDT
[#22]
THEY'RE NOT DOLLS! THEY'RE ACTION FIGURES!!
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 12:28:30 PM EDT
[#23]
They need to up armor that deuce and a half

Wonder if the spanners in the box are Snap-On?
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 12:31:20 PM EDT
[#24]
I was always mesmerized by the detail some people were able to put into models that are so small.

Quoted:

The detailing in that blast effect (surface cratering effect, plasma/flame effect, shrapnel and smoke effect) would have required an infinite amount of patience and skill to hand carve out of styrene.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anyway.

I highly doubt it was all styrene. It looks like there is some cotton in there along with maybe plaster pieces.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 12:34:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Very cool.

Link Posted: 7/13/2014 12:37:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 12:43:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Extremely impressive work.  
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 12:43:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Very nice work in that gallery.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 12:44:24 PM EDT
[#29]

Link Posted: 7/13/2014 12:49:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Great work ! The effort is mind boggling ! Can't imagine the time he put in those, the truck in the explosion diorama, is unreal !
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 12:55:17 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

View Quote
definitely. that is just amazing.

Link Posted: 7/13/2014 12:58:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Link to the FB page about WWII modeling?
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 1:00:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Nice work
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 1:11:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Very impressive!!
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 1:13:43 PM EDT
[#35]
This is a good page https://www.facebook.com/mipoland
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 3:45:51 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Link to the FB page about WWII modeling?
View Quote

https://www.facebook.com/groups/WW2DioramaArt/?fref=nf

Link Posted: 7/13/2014 7:22:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I was always mesmerized by the detail some people were able to put into models that are so small.

I highly doubt it was all styrene. It looks like there is some cotton in there along with maybe plaster pieces.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I apologize. I was generically talking about styrene and scratch building. As for the explosion affect, I more or less think it was a combination of the materials you named.

Link Posted: 7/13/2014 7:35:48 PM EDT
[#38]
I wish I could bring myself to weather my tanks like that.  

That is some amazing work.

Link Posted: 7/13/2014 7:48:35 PM EDT
[#39]
That's some impressive talent
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 7:51:01 PM EDT
[#40]

Link Posted: 7/13/2014 7:52:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I wish I could bring myself to weather my tanks like that.  

That is some amazing work.

<a href="http://s25.photobucket.com/user/goodnbuzzd/media/King%20Tiger/Ft2.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c83/goodnbuzzd/King%20Tiger/Ft2.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s25.photobucket.com/user/goodnbuzzd/media/Sherman/Tankcomplete1_zpse5ce9f9b.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c83/goodnbuzzd/Sherman/Tankcomplete1_zpse5ce9f9b.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s25.photobucket.com/user/goodnbuzzd/media/Sherman/Rearpayload_zps8a076983.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c83/goodnbuzzd/Sherman/Rearpayload_zps8a076983.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s25.photobucket.com/user/goodnbuzzd/media/Sherman/Complete_zps29a47158.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c83/goodnbuzzd/Sherman/Complete_zps29a47158.jpg</a>
View Quote

Dry brushing is super easy and goes a long way.

Also, ever thought of using cement or modeling clay to add some casting marks/rough areas to your tanks??

I'm strictly a plane guy so unfamiliar with armor weathering techniques but seems like I ran across the casting marks thing before.

Link Posted: 7/13/2014 7:57:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Awesome!! Too many WWII dioramas are over weathered though. Most of the still operational vehicles at that point are only a few years old if they are lucky are still being maintained regularly by their crews.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 7:57:45 PM EDT
[#43]
It's amazing what some people can do, thanks for posting.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 7:57:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
They need to up armor that deuce and a half

Wonder if the spanners in the box are Snap-On?
View Quote

überschnappen
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 8:19:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Amazing skills.  Thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 8:22:00 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Awesome!! Too many WWII dioramas are over weathered though. Most of the still operational vehicles at that point are only a few years old if they are lucky are still being maintained regularly by their crews.
View Quote

But it looks so cool!

Great pics realwar.  The water effects are amazing
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 8:24:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

But it looks so cool!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But it looks so cool!

Agree 100%
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 8:28:15 PM EDT
[#48]
Wow!

I have seen some incredible work before but, Holy Cow!

Attention to detail is insane. The rust at every fitting. The tracks, wheels, exhaust. Technique is mastered.

Wow!
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 8:29:50 PM EDT
[#49]
There was another thread on these years ago and it linked to another forum where I followed another thread where a guy was building some plane and he added a little cartoon guy to narrate the pictures. I really wish I could find that forum/thread. He detailed how he did all of it...
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 8:37:07 PM EDT
[#50]
eye ball burning.. Painting
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top