Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2003 7:56:58 PM EDT
Well, I just completed my last day as a full time employee after 14 years of shift work (hope the shuttle program will be able to continue without me [;)]). I will only be working 2 days a week from now on. I lost a lot today, all my full time benefits are gone. Money will be tight as hell. I did it for my children. My wife is a full time RN working 7p-7a and I was working 2p-10p. My mom was having to watch our three (3)kids 3 times a week, which meant she kept them from 6p to 7:30a. My parents are close to retirement and ready to move, plus my kids are wearing my mom out. This has been going on for almost 18 months. It has been a living hell.
Since my wife makes so much more than me, I decided that I would give it all up for my family. I am happy with it and ready to be Mr. Mom. Might as well break out the bon bons and get ready for the soaps [:D]

LOL...just had to tell someone about my new adventure I suppose.
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 8:04:17 PM EDT
[#1]
A buddy of mine was unemployed for 9 months and he said doing the Mr. Mom gig was the best job he ever had.  If you can swing it financialy, you will most likely find that the stress level will decrease...just as long as the house is clean and the clothes get washed and put where they belong....  Enjoy!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top