Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/19/2014 12:13:21 AM EDT
WSJ
Rarely has a U.S. president been so wrong about so much at the expense of so many.
In 1983, President Ronald Reagan said, "If history teaches anything, it teaches that simple-minded appeasement or wishful thinking about our adversaries is folly. It means the betrayal of our past, the squandering of our freedom."
President Obama is on track to securing his legacy as the man who betrayed our past and squandered our freedom.
http://online.wsj.com/articles/dick-cheney-and-liz-cheney-the-collapsing-obama-doctrine-1403046522
I for one agree
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 12:26:13 AM EDT
[#1]
dig up The Gipper
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 12:28:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Well, except for the trolls and DU plants, I think we all agree.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 12:29:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

of course but still NY Media
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 12:59:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

All rational people agree.

American's problem is that about 40% of the population isn't rational.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 1:02:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Unfortunately the message is completely lost on every single liberal and Obama supporter I know...

To a person, they all think Obama is the greatest thing to have happened in decades, and continue to blame Bush and the Republicans for the problems we have, and basically consider any and all scandals related to this administration nothing more than fabricated tea-party nonsense.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 1:21:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 1:24:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Unfortunately the message is completely lost on every single liberal and Obama supporter I know...

To a person, they all think Obama is the greatest thing to have happened in decades, and continue to blame Bush and the Republicans for the problems we have, and basically consider any and all scandals related to this administration nothing more than fabricated tea-party nonsense.
View Quote

And this is because of the very same media that tells the libtard progressives this every single day.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 1:33:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Sounds like it was written almost wholly by Liz, with Dick's name thrown on for name recognition.

The lack of any mention of Ukraine is odd, regardless.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 1:51:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
dig up The Gipper
View Quote

Frankly, Reagan's non-response to LH in the 1980s created some of this mess.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 1:56:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Sounds like it was written almost wholly by Liz, with Dick's name thrown on for name recognition.

View Quote

Probably because the Bush Administration feels like it made a similar error in our non-response in Georgia that emboldened the Russians to move to Ukraine.

A smart Great Power recognizes the tendency to dragged into a Great Wars with other Great Powers over local issues. However, many of those responses in the past were based off a desire to maintain their deterrent posture. The road to hell paved with good intentions, and all that.

I didn't and wouldn't want the US in a war over the nature of the South Ossetia border. However, I do want the US to have deterrent credibility, which we don't because we don't want to go to war over the South Ossetian border. I guess brinksmanship does have its place.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 2:01:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
WSJ
Rarely has a U.S. president been so wrong about so much at the expense of so many.
In 1983, President Ronald Reagan said, "If history teaches anything, it teaches that simple-minded appeasement or wishful thinking about our adversaries is folly. It means the betrayal of our past, the squandering of our freedom."
President Obama is on track to securing his legacy as the man who betrayed our past and squandered our freedom.
http://online.wsj.com/articles/dick-cheney-and-liz-cheney-the-collapsing-obama-doctrine-1403046522
I for one agree
View Quote

I agree also.

But this is what he said he would do for all intents and purposes during his campaigns and the American voters wanted him as their president.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 2:15:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

I heard one talking about how he was an eloquent speaker and all that. Yeah...she was too stupid to comprehend the message.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 2:22:13 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd dare say closer to 60% . . . . if not a lot worse

Link Posted: 6/19/2014 2:24:08 AM EDT
[#14]
For a doctrine to fail it had to exist in the first place and I don't think Obama had any idea of what he was going to do. Where many see grand malfeasance I see only incompetence. His inability to do anything about anything just tells me he has no idea what to do but knows the press will carry his water so that one clusterfuck will be eclipsed by the next if he just waits it out. By waiting it out I mean making it clear that he is concerned and that he's waiting for more information and developments as the worst example ever of the Peter Principle advanced by idiotic populism.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 2:25:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Probably because the Bush Administration feels like it made a similar error in our non-response in Georgia that emboldened the Russians to move to Ukraine.

A smart Great Power recognizes the tendency to dragged into a Great Wars with other Great Powers over local issues. However, many of those responses in the past were based off a desire to maintain their deterrent posture. The road to hell paved with good intentions, and all that.

I didn't and wouldn't want the US in a war over the nature of the South Ossetia border. However, I do want the US to have deterrent credibility, which we don't because we don't want to go to war over the South Ossetian border. I guess brinksmanship does have its place.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some thoughts:

- I personally don't give a shit about South Ossetia, I doubt the Russians do.  The real value of that chunk of land is defensive - ceding it to Russia eliminates a very natural and defensible border, and makes Tbilisi perpetually vulnerable.

- I see the larger issue here as that of Russia being able to use incidents related to its wholly owned "peacekeeping" subsidiaries to justify invasions.

- I agree our response was weak.  But, the problem was a weak response across the board - not just from the US. As in Ukraine, we weren't just up against the UN Charter (always a weak position for the US, as we ignore it quite often - though usually for sound reasons), but also the Helsinki Final Act.  There was a lot of initial talk, then we were back to the status quo within months - with only trained relations to show for it.

- While I remain unhappy with the response, those strained relations showed we at least did not pretend it did not happen.  I don't even think military deterrence is even the whole matter at play here.  We simply gave up pushing the issue diplomatically. However, what we had not done is blame the US for the strained relations with Russia, and then offer to "reset" them less than a year later. All of Hillary's rhetoric about rejecting the notion of "spheres of interest" cannout replace that public stunt that amounted to yelling loudly, "Bush's Fault!" while playing into Lavrov's hands.

- Further, we did not have a recent, relevent historical occurance before us that we were consciously choosing to ignore, with regard to the intent and tactics of the Russian Federation.  We were also not facing the additional issue of a post-nuclear state and the Budapest Memorandum.

- I also think Cheney could have conceded the Bush administration screwed up, and openly asked whay the subsequent administration failed to react to the lessons learned, choosing instead to pretend it never happened.  Alas, it seems to be the case, the editorial was written by someone who had only been working near-east policy. and was most comfortable in that regard.  Which, with the former VP then adding his name to it, only reinforces the concern that the Bush adminstration was too fixated on the near east overall to pay much attention to Russian machinations and European issues.  Had the editorial just come from Liz, this accusation would not be as easy to make - since it would only be coming from soemeone deliberately speaking from a designated narrower perspective.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 2:54:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You may be right. I know some who have buyer's remorse. **ck them too for voting for him in the first place.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 2:54:59 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Some thoughts:

- I personally don't give a shit about South Ossetia, I doubt the Russians do.  The real value of that chunk of land is defensive - ceding it to Russia eliminates a very natural and defensible border, and makes Tbilisi perpetually vulnerable.

- I see the larger issue here as that of Russia being able to use incidents related to its wholly owned "peacekeeping" subsidiaries to justify invasions.

- I agree our response was weak.  But, the problem was a weak response across the board - not just from the US. As in Ukraine, we weren't just up against the UN Charter (always a weak position for the US, as we ignore it quite often - though usually for sound reasons), but also the Helsinki Final Act.  There was a lot of initial talk, then we were back to the status quo within months - with only trained relations to show for it.

- While I remain unhappy with the response, those strained relations showed we at least did not pretend it did not happen.  I don't even think military deterrence is even the whole matter at play here.  We simply gave up pushing the issue diplomatically. However, what we had not done is blame the US for the strained relations with Russia, and then offer to "reset" them less than a year later. All of Hillary's rhetoric about rejecting the notion of "spheres of interest" cannout replace that public stunt that amounted to yelling loudly, "Bush's Fault!" while playing into Lavrov's hands.

- Further, we did not have a recent, relevent historical occurance before us that we were consciously choosing to ignore, with regard to the intent and tactics of the Russian Federation.  We were also not facing the additional issue of a post-nuclear state and the Budapest Memorandum.

- I also think Cheney could have conceded the Bush administration screwed up, and openly asked whay the subsequent administration failed to react to the lessons learned, choosing instead to pretend it never happened.  Alas, it seems to be the case, the editorial was written by someone who had only been working near-east policy. and was most comfortable in that regard.  Which, with the former VP then adding his name to it, only reinforces the concern that the Bush adminstration was too fixated on the near east overall to pay much attention to Russian machinations and European issues.  Had the editorial just come from Liz, this accusation would not be as easy to make - since it would only be coming from soemeone deliberately speaking from a designated narrower perspective.
View Quote

Part in red..........WITHOUT QUESTION IMHO!

As to Cheney he should have just said "we were more concerned with radical Islam after 9/11 and didn't pay enough attention to Russia".

Link Posted: 6/19/2014 2:58:31 AM EDT
[#18]
"President Obama is on track to securing his legacy as the man who betrayed our past and squandered our freedom."

This is what more people do not fully realize.  Obama STARTED OUT on that track and has been pouring the coal to the engine, full steam and no brakes.  "Fundamentally change this country" as it's core was the goal and objective from the time he entered politics.

We will be 20 years righting all the wrongs he and his minions have foisted upon us.  SOME of his doings will never be repaired.

Link Posted: 6/19/2014 3:04:02 AM EDT
[#19]
The fact is that Obama doesn't care.  All he cares about is flying around in his plane, going to parties and playing golf.

I saw this on Megyn Kelly's show the other night and it sums it up nicely.

Link Posted: 6/19/2014 3:05:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
dig up The Gipper
View Quote

If Reagan had responded to the bombing in Beirut with force he might have solved some of the Muslim problems . Instead he ran away
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 3:14:20 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

If Reagan had responded to the bombing in Beirut with force he might have solved some of the Muslim problems . Instead he ran away
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
dig up The Gipper

Actually, he was saddled with a democrat house and senate and didn't have as many options as many people like to believe he had.

Unless you're a EO issuing asshole like Obama, [which isn't really Constitutional] the Presidency is, in many instances, limited as to what he can do, especially when both the house and senate are majority ruled by the opposing party.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 3:16:43 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

WSJ editorials have almost always been fairly conservative.

Their reporters on the other hand, tend to not be.

Link Posted: 6/19/2014 3:19:00 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

I agree that we all agree.

Any one who disagrees is a fundamentally bad person.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 3:25:39 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Actually, he was saddled with a democrat house and senate and didn't have as many options as many people like to believe he had.

Unless you're a EO issuing asshole like Obama, [which isn't really Constitutional] the Presidency is, in many instances, limited as to what he can do, especially when both the house and senate are majority ruled by the opposing party.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
dig up The Gipper

He had the authority.  He was frankly at a loss of what to do.

We all make mistakes.  publically linking Iran to Hez b'allah then and holding Iran accountable for its proxies actions would have fundamentally changed the dynamics of the middle east for the better.

but we did invade Grenada.  That felt good.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 3:30:14 AM EDT
[#25]
The way I see it, the Obama Doctrine is working quite well, just look at the carnage here and worldwide, we're descending ever so quickly into Serfdom.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 3:34:27 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

We all make mistakes.  publically linking Iran to Hez b'allah then and holding Iran accountable for its proxies actions would have fundamentally changed the dynamics of the middle east for the better.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
dig up The Gipper

His main focus was the destruction of the Soviet Union. In retrospect, going after the militant muslim terrorists may have been a smarter thing to do but he had his hands full just trying to financially collapse the Soviet Union by causing their overspending on trying to compete with out rebuilding of our military. [which was in pretty crappy shape and pretty much still stuck with Vietnam era weapons thanks to Mr Peanut man.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 3:37:16 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I agree also.

But this is what he said he would do for all intents and purposes during his campaigns and the American voters wanted him as their president.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
WSJ
I for one agree

I agree also.

Twice!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 3:37:36 AM EDT
[#28]
This aint over.  We are all traped in a big fuck story.  Unfortunately no one will go after a president who happens to be part black because they would be viewed as Racist.

These motherfucker make the east coast mob look good.  They do not even hide their lies and crimes anymore.  We are going down in the next two years and there is nothing that can be done about it.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 3:40:04 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
This aint over.  We are all traped in a big fuck story.  Unfortunately no one will go after a president who happens to be part black because they would be viewed as Racist.

These motherfucker make the east coast mob look good.  They do not even hide their lies and crimes anymore.  We are going down in the next two years and there is nothing that can be done about it.
View Quote

Well we have decided to have a new home built in "cow country".

Getting as far away from the 'tards is about all I can do as an ordinary old guy.

We should be there by autumn.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 3:42:09 AM EDT
[#30]
Most of his failures have been intentional as he works to dismantle our country.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 3:45:30 AM EDT
[#31]
The left has drained the coffers. We can't afford to be the world police any more.
The world is about to pay the price of our lavishness.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 3:49:21 AM EDT
[#32]
Finally, this tide of obama foolishness is receding.  

It has been 5-1/2 damn long years. The press is turning on him because he failed to deliver.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 3:57:31 AM EDT
[#33]
I agree but to be honest the Cheney clan needs to shut the fuck up. All they accomplish by stating the obvious is get the left all riled-up.

The last thing we need coming up on November is riling-up the Dems to help cause them to go to the polls.

The Cheneys spouting off is about like a Senate candidate talking about rape.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 3:57:40 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

It has been 5-1/2 damn long years. The press is turning on him because he failed to deliver.
View Quote

Shit.............they'll just go full bore in support of Clanton.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 3:59:23 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

View Quote
No, he cannot be re-elected, and they need to get back a bit of credibility so that they can get Hillary elected.

Now different than what they did with Clinton.

Link Posted: 6/19/2014 4:07:15 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

While the implications of the Obama administrations policy decisions are becoming very apparent to more and more people, we are still only on the incoming tide of problems this country is likely to face because of those decisions. We are only now seeing the immediate results of his desire to "fundamentally change America", there is a lot more to come in the remaining 2 1/2 years of his presidency. It will likely take generations to "fix" the problems this president has caused, if the problems can be fixed, at all. The election this fall will be a stark indicator of the feelings of the American people, and the Obama administrations reaction to it, will determine his course of action, and thusly determine the fate of our country.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 4:10:58 AM EDT
[#37]
... had Obama been a white man, he would have been fired months ago
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 5:34:01 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I agree but to be honest the Cheney clan needs to shut the fuck up. All they accomplish by stating the obvious is get the left all riled-up.

The last thing we need coming up on November is riling-up the Dems to help cause them to go to the polls.

View Quote

What do polls have to do with it?
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 5:36:04 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Or, because he can't run for reelection, and Hillary is busy trying to separate herself from him. This is just friends of Hillary helping her out.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 5:49:11 AM EDT
[#40]
He is still actively fundamentally transforming America (destroying it) so his doctrine is actually quite successful

So why has the military not mutinied, and still obeying orders of a domestic enemy?

We are no longer a nation of laws.  If the president is in some special protected class they are free to break any and all laws.  And they said they wanted equality.  

Only the eventual collapse of the economy by their own hands will bring the chance of getting the US on the right track again.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 5:51:57 AM EDT
[#41]
the sheeple will not understand this till it affects them personally, which by that time it is way to late
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 7:54:15 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

maddow was already throwing a bitch fit about it last night
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 7:58:51 AM EDT
[#43]
The "Obama Doctrine" consisted of him receiving a Nobel Peace Prize for simply being elected (and not being Bush), apologizing to everyone for being America, and ignoring or blustering everything else.

I really can't find any strength or consistency in his foreign policy.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 8:01:18 AM EDT
[#44]
I think they're in the last throes, if you will, of the insurgency.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 8:09:17 AM EDT
[#45]
EDIT wrong thread
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 8:09:23 AM EDT
[#46]
The most corrupt and illegal Administration EVER! The whole bunch of them, including most of the Congress need to be tarred, feathered and thrown into a dark jail somewhere for the rest of their life.  

The damage they have done to America and its people may never be recovered from.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 8:12:53 AM EDT
[#47]
I didn't realize that there was an "Obama Doctrine," in the sense that he has set forth some sort of cohesive, intelligible and broadly applicable policy.

Unless you just mean the general policy of destroying America and fucking over people like me.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 8:15:15 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

"Two legs good!  Four legs bad!"

Seem familiar?

TRG
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 8:17:13 AM EDT
[#49]
in the end it doesn't matter. He'll just do whatever he wants free of any consequences.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 8:21:27 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
in the end it doesn't matter. He'll just do whatever he wants free of any consequences.
View Quote

True. History will not criticize him because "racism".
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top