User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2014 9:47:31 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 9:54:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks out of this world....
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 9:55:57 AM EDT
[#2]
With how absolutely shitty the last few Alien franchise games have been, I will not be getting my hopes up.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 10:01:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
With how absolutely shitty the last few Alien franchise games have been, I will not be getting my hopes up.
View Quote

I'm doing the opposite, simply because this is a unique take on the idea.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 10:01:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

+1 wont waste any more money after that colonial marines trash.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 10:06:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

from the reviews of playing it with the oculus rift it is shit your pants scary..
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 10:06:15 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm definitely watching it with interest, but I will NOT preorder any more PC games EVER.

My burn to good ratio with PC preorders is like 3 to 1, with Werch Dergs being the latest "why the fuck did I preorder this?" game.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 10:08:30 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Aliens is a classic.

I thought Prometheus wasn't bad.

Oh, LOL its a game. NM.

Link Posted: 6/17/2014 10:08:51 AM EDT
[#8]
and I thought this was another movie ....
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 10:09:29 AM EDT
[#9]
This looks like a modern version of Amnesia. I have a good feeling about it.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 10:09:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'm definitely watching it with interest, but I will NOT preorder any more PC games EVER.

My burn to good ratio with PC preorders is like 3 to 1, with Werch Dergs being the latest "why the fuck did I preorder this?" game.
View Quote

Not only should you never preorder going forward, you should never spend full price on a game.  Sign up at greenmangaming.com and g2a.com.  These guys offer on a regular basis 20-25% off brand new games that just came out.  You'd think they aren't legit but they are.  Look them up. I"ve bought a game off each site. Zero problems.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 10:10:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Eh.. maybe.

Fox/Fox Interactive has made one poor game after another with this franchise.

None of the developers have taken the time to do it right.. each one rushes the game through and it comes out half baked.

It happened with the first PC based AvP and it'll happen with this latest incarnation.

Sorry to be such a Debbie Downer here but I've been disappointed each time.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 10:14:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Not only should you never preorder going forward, you should never spend full price on a game.  Sign up at greenmangaming.com and g2a.com.  These guys offer on a regular basis 20-25% off brand new games that just came out.  You'd think they aren't legit but they are.  Look them up. I"ve bought a game off each site. Zero problems.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I care more about if a game is good or not before I care about how much it costs.

I will gladly pay MSRP for a good game that I enjoy for weeks than pay five bucks of a shit game I never play. And I honestly own more five and ten dollar shit games than I do expensive, good games. The last one to fool me was the Resident Evil 4 HD remake. I waited and waited for it to go on sale then bought it for like seven bucks... tada! It controls for shit and is unplayable for me. Money wasted. Whereas I paid full retail for South Park and loved every second of it. Money well spent.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 10:15:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Eh.. maybe.

None of the developers have taken the time to do it right.. each one rushes the game through and it comes out half baked.

It happened with the first PC based AvP and it'll happen with this latest incarnation.

View Quote

AvP 2 was fucking GOLD though. I played that game for months straight and loved every second of it. It is the reason I keep giving licensed Aliens games a chance, because it is possible to make one RIGHT and GOOD... its just that nobody has done it since, which begs the question of AvP 2 being a fluke?
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 10:16:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
This looks like a modern version of Amnesia. I have a good feeling about it.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/17/2014 10:18:20 AM EDT
[#15]
As someone who worked on an alien franchise game in the past and who is still under NDA about that and other games...

I would wait until it is out before buying it.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 10:18:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

AvP 2 was fucking GOLD though. I played that game for months straight and loved every second of it. It is the reason I keep giving licensed Aliens games a chance, because it is possible to make one RIGHT and GOOD... its just that nobody has done it since, which begs the question of AvP 2 being a fluke?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Eh.. maybe.

AvP 2 was fucking AWESOME.

It even broke me away from CS for a while, which was impossible back in the day.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 10:23:59 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 10:27:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yep. Aliens: CM ruined me too. I don't preorder anymore no matter what silly bonuses they throw your way.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 10:50:21 AM EDT
[#19]
It's are really gorgeous game, everything has the right look and the lighting is perfect for a sci-fi hide and seek game. I hope it comes out on PC, I had problems playing with the gamepads.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 10:52:37 AM EDT
[#20]
It's already been announced for PC, so no worries.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 11:02:55 AM EDT
[#21]
View Quote

Fuuuuuuck that.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 11:16:01 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Fuuuuuuck that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Fuuuuuuck that.

Try this:
watch the bottom video from that link (the one where he gets impaled), you can simulate how it's going to look by putting your face up to the screen and putting your hand inbetween the two frames. A little blurry, but you get the idea.  Works best on a smartphone.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 12:37:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Hasn't been good since....

...but may try.  Hope to see this...

Link Posted: 6/17/2014 1:55:50 PM EDT
[#24]
I fear the worst but hope for awesomeness  
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 1:58:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Hopes up, but prepared for disappointment

I do think the gameplay could be very freaky since you are basically unarmed in the game.  Instead of a shooter, they are making it a horror survival.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 3:02:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Eh.. maybe.

View Quote

Don't feel all alone
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 3:05:05 PM EDT
[#27]

AvP 2 was awesome. The last few games have been super disappointing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top