Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2003 11:41:27 AM EDT
I mostly listen to Mike Gallagher. [url]www.mikeonline.com[/url]. He's right on the money and doesn't care what the hell anyone thinks, so sometimes he gets VERY un-PC. He can also be extremely bull-headed at times.

I also listen to Rush when I can. Can't get him too many places around here other than the internet. [url]www.rushlimbaugh.com[/url].

Who do you listen to? Links help! Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 11:44:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 11:46:07 AM EDT
[#2]
I may listen to NPR and Wisconsin Public Radio every now and again but I really can't stand AM talk radio at all.  

It's endows the ignorazzi with a sense of purpose.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 11:47:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Rush

Michael Savage

Art Bell(he has retired again)

And some locals
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 11:57:28 AM EDT
[#4]
If you are in the Chicago are you can catch Kevin Matthews on middays on 105.9.

Hes a good guy... a bow hunter, hangs out with Ted Nugent, Babe Winkleman, like hockey and had the libertarian - progun candidate for Illinois governor on his show a few times.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 12:05:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I may listen to NPR and Wisconsin Public Radio every now and again but I really can't stand AM talk radio at all.  

It's endows the ignorazzi with a sense of purpose.
View Quote

What?  You must be kidding.  With a combined audience of over 40 million listeners/participants now, Rush, Hannity, and The G-Man have a huge audience that includes millions of us that are CLEARLY not all "ignorazzi" as you assert. All of them broadcast on the AM band.

You are making a mistake in painting us with such a brush.  You just might be surprised who we really are.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 12:08:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Tom Leycus - the Real Man show [url]www.blowmeuptom.com[/url]
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 12:09:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 12:12:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Car Talk
Talk of the Nation (esp. Science Fridays)

I've tried listening to AM "talk" shows, but all I seem to pick up are commercials.

My favorite thing to listen to on AM radio (besides baseball) is "Tradio." For those unfamiliar, this is where local hayseeds call up with ads for the crap they want to get rid of. Predates Ebay by about 50 years.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 12:13:59 PM EDT
[#9]
[size=4]Rush![/size=4]

Sean Hannity. Mark Davis. Mike Gallagher (when I remember).

Eric The(ButRushSaysItAll!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 12:16:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 12:25:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Tom O'Brien on the internet at [url]www.tfnn.com[/url] every weekday after the market closes (Stockmarket stuff).

Listen to Drudge's Sunday show for maybe 1/2 hour to an hour on the internet, as long as it's not about cloning [sleep]  He has such a different take on the world than I do, it's all in terms of who's ahead and who's losing in all different forms of media.  I don't think that way, it's not important to me, but Drudge makes it somehow interesting and vital.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 12:44:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Tom Leykis is great, but I can't get him locally.

I like Dr. Joy Browne!  What a babe!

[url]www.drjoy.com[/url]

[img]www.metroactive.com/papers/sonoma/11.25.98/gifs/talk-pix-9847.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 12:50:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 2:23:48 PM EDT
[#14]
[size=3]IMUS[/size=3]
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 2:50:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Rush - He's the only one on in enough places that I can listen to the whole show on a road trip.

Neal Boortz

Occasionally Savage, but he isn't on here at a very good time for me.

We've got 'em all on a nice, powerful FM station with much better sound then the AM stations.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 2:52:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Rush

Tom SUllivan

On line tonight

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 3:33:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Glenn Beck - Current events, politics and anything and everything that makes most of us regular Americans upset and pissed off and he brings up good points on them and has good views on alot of it but some people say he is too much of a conspiracy theorist

Jim Kramer - Real Money investment show

Lex and Terry - Morning show

Rush - In the old days when I heard him on
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 3:35:22 PM EDT
[#18]
I can't stand Rush.  Mostly because my first roommate in college and my current coworker both liked(d) him, and they just mindlessly followed whatever bullshit he spewed out.  Also, he's freaking loaded, and he's turned into the same kind of elitist asshole that preaches all sorts of garbage in order to keep his standard of living.  To me he represents everything that is wrong with the Republican party.

As to what I listen to, Stern all the way.  He's nowhere near as entertaining as he used to be, but he makes the 20 minute drive to work go by quicker.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 3:36:47 PM EDT
[#19]
I used to listen to[b] G.Gordon Liddy[/b]....Is he still on the air anywhere?
He's a hoot.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 3:37:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Sometimes IMUS, but he usually gets on my nerves, but

[size=6][B]G. GORDON LIDDY[/B][/size=6] is on the ball.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 3:44:29 PM EDT
[#21]
In order of preference:

Laura Ingraham - serious conservative, serious babe.  

Bill O'Reilly, A little more centrist than I like, but usually he's pretty well thought out.

Jay Severin (local guy in Boston, he used to be a national level political campaign strategist) He's a bit of a hound and arrogant as the day is long, but he admits it.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 3:55:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

[size=6][B]G. GORDON LIDDY[/B][/size=6] is on the ball.
View Quote

He's been off the air for years around here.
I remember once a liberal called in and asked him how an ex-con with a felony conviction was allowed to own all the guns he talks about.
He replied,
" I don't own any guns....but Mrs. Liddy has an extensive collection ! "

I also remember him talking about teaching his grandkids to shoot a COLT HBAR !

Link Posted: 1/7/2003 3:59:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Howard Stern in the morning, NPR in the afteroon- an odd combo, but it keeps me going.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 4:10:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Savage Nation

AM640 Jon & Ken show

Used to like Rush & Art Bell. Rush got old and Art got too Kookey though.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 4:29:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Used to be a devoted G-Man listener until he was pulled a year or so ago.  

Savage (although he gets annoying)

Laura Ingraham--a looker, has fun on her show, and is smart and astute

Mikes Reagan and Gallagher

Glenn Beck--he's acutally really talented (although it's not immediately apparent).  His performance of War of the Worlds was masterful.  He really impressed me with that.  

Jim Rome until they moved him to mornings.  Not that into sport's anymore but Rome is so good he makes sports talk worth listening to.  

Dick Marcinko on Saturdays.  Gotta love the Sharkman of the Delta with his own radio show. Let me kill 'em all and let God sort em out is pretty much the theme.  

Don and Mike at noon sometimes.  Was a regular listener when I was in D.C. years ago.  

Stern's not on around here but was a devoted listener several years ago (D.C. again).  

I LOVE talk radio.  
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 4:37:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Rush and Sean Hannity when I can, but I think  the folks in the office get a little annoyed with them...so I can't listen ver much.

I do think they are too much of Repubican cheerleaders though.

I hear that Wayne Lapeire (sp?) commercial on the Hannity  show, but have never heard him talk on the show.  

I have emailed him a few times asking him to debate the gun issue, and offered some good facts if they need any ammo against the gun-grabbers...

But he could have addressed it and I missed it.

I sure as hell wish ole Wayne would get on a few shows and majorly sharpen his debating skills... he usually sits there and takes it up the rear from the antis...

I suppose in the comming year the gun debate will heat-up.

I did see Hannity and Colmes talking about bannin the toy guns in NYC last week.

Sean asked the guy what he was gonna do when someone broke into his house; he replyed with the call 911 BS... Sean said OK that means bang you and your family is dead.

Then the guy brings up the BS about more folks being injured from their own gun, blah blah blah.   Sean quickly called BS on him, etc, etc.. and he does seem to get pretty emotional about it.  I think he could make a good contribution to the cause if he'd attack the AW ban issue ... I beleive he does have a huge and growing "passionate conservatism" following...

He's not conservative enough for me, but I share alot of his views...

Link Posted: 1/7/2003 4:37:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Bubba the love sponge
Monsters of the mid day
Neal Bortz
Rush
Sean Hannity

G. Gordon and Ken Hamblin got yanked localy
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 4:41:34 PM EDT
[#28]
I enjoy Neal Boortz more than anything, and I have been a listener of Rush for more than 11 years.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 5:11:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Dr. Savage is the most entertaining although he does come across sometimes as an asshole....great man.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 5:55:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Glen Beck (try to never miss him)
Rush Limbaugh
Michael Savage (If I'm around a radio that time of the evening)
Sean Hannity (When I remember to turn the radio over a channel)
G. Gordon Liddy (When I could get him around here.  I wish they would bring him back.)
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 6:31:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Howard Stern

Even when he talks about nothing, he is funny.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 6:37:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Weekdays:

Liddy
Rush
Ron Smith in Baltimore (WBAL)
Laura Ingram
Micheal Savage

Weekends:

Bruce Elliott in Baltimore (WBAL)
Pass Goss Automotive show

GunLvr
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 6:42:29 PM EDT
[#33]
NPR (know thine Enemy)

Local guys Peter Boyles(Middle of the Road) & Mike Rosen (Fiscal Conservative)

I used to like Rush when he was Radio Free America but now that he is Bush's press secretary, I seldom listen.

I also listen to Jim Rome.

I am going to miss Art Bell, while you were up in the middle of the night, he made a lot of sense. It didn't in the morning however.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 6:45:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Rush in the morning.

Tom Sullivan in the afternoon.

-T.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 6:59:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Tom Leycus - the Real Man show [url]www.blowmeuptom.com[/url]
View Quote

to bad the bastards on the  Tucson station moved him to 8pm or so a couple years ago so hes no longer live for us.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 7:01:58 PM EDT
[#36]

WBAP 820AM.....radio's tuned to it probably 99% of the time!

Russell
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 7:05:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
[size=4]Rush![/size=4]

Sean Hannity. Mark Davis. Mike Gallagher (when I remember).

Eric The(ButRushSaysItAll!)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

Eric, Mark Davis just wears my a$$ smooth out. Arrogant, overbearing, talks down to his listeners.Its hard to listen to him for all three hours. What's your take?

But then again, it could just be me... fullclip

Link Posted: 1/7/2003 7:13:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Rush
Sean
Savage when I'm up that late.

I used to listen to Neil Boortz..no more. He's half a liberal and dogs christians whenever possible.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 7:17:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Jack and Ron @98.9 FM here in OKC, [url]www.jackandron.com[/url]
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 7:19:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Tommmmmm LEYKIS!
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 7:22:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Rush
Boortz
Savage Nation
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top