Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2003 11:18:50 PM EDT
Jan. 3, 2003, 3:14PM
[url]http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/metropolitan/1723572[/url]
Undercover Fort Worth officer shot during bust

FORT WORTH -- The son of a convenience store owner opened fire on an undercover narcotics officer because he thought she was entering the store to rob it, police said today.

The officer, who was in critical but stable condition today, was wearing a hood over her head and a police raid jacket and had her gun drawn when she and three other officers entered the store Thursday.

"According to his statement, he saw the ski mask and the gun in the officer's hand, he thought they were bring robbed so he fired the shot," Lt. Jesse Hernandez said in a news release.

The 28-year-old man who shot her was questioned and released, Hernandez said.

According to police, four undercover narcotics officers bought drugs on the street from a man who walked into the E Z Food Store after the sale.

Three officers went into the store to arrest the man, wearing dark hoods on their heads that left only the eyes exposed. They were also wearing raid jackets with a police badge and patch, Hernandez said.

Police had originally said that the officer had on a bullet-resistant vest and was not wearing a hood.

"Follow-up investigation reveals that the injured officer was wearing a concealment hood and had her gun drawn at the time she entered the store," the released said.

The officer was not wearing a bullet resistant vest, and was wounded under the left armpit. Officials would not give specifics about her injuries.

James E. Crenshaw, 27, was arrested and has been charged with delivery of a controlled substance for selling a $20 rock of crack cocaine to the undercover officers.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 3:54:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Im not Anti-Cop (really) but if you look like a bandit, act sneaky like a bandit..well you know the rest....

Crooks have been known to wear dark colors, and masks, and sometimes carry guns and flashlights when they break into your home...

Cops have been know to wear dark colors and masks, carry guns and flashlights before they break into your home...

Like I already said Im not against LEO's, but who cares if you are wearing Neon yellow for your raids..I know the whole "I dont want to blow my cover thing"...well maybe you should not be on the raid team if it is so important...

I would have to goto a the aid of a officer down because of something stupid like this, Most of the fire depts around my area are now not even wearing the Dark blue/lt Blue uniforms anymore because they look to much like Cops...

They say they were wearing raid jackets...The ones I have seen look like levi jackets with pulldown "Police" on the back, and a smaller "police" on the breast..well if they were wearing Raid jackets that made them out to be police, then why do they really need the face masks?...

Not a dis on the LEO guys, (us fire guys wear masks to when we break into houses, but People tend to like us for it) Face it..cops even scare my kids! and My kids see cops just about everytime I goto work..
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 4:32:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Three cheers for the "son of the convienence store owner" who exercised his God given right to self defense!  

But he does need some range practice.  Was he shooting a single shot deringer or what?  Why was the hooded JBT not double tapped?  Why are the other JBTs not stacked up at the Ft. Worth morgue?

Police should NOT wear masks.  If they don't want to blow there cover then they can risk having their heads blown off.  

People who enter my house in a mask with guns drawn get killed, LEO or not.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 5:16:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 6:46:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Duplicate thread.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top