Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2003 4:54:06 PM EDT
Sorry, none of you are eligible.
I have offerred to three women I know a free Taurus PT111 I have sitting in my safe.
The catch? They must have their CCW stuff all finished and ready to mail by the end of Feb.
First one done gets the gun! I am trying to convince them all to take responsability for their own protection. I intend to offer the deal to any women I know who may be interested.
Get your minds out of the gutter, I am expecting nothing in return. Two of them are married to friends of mine.:)
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 5:02:50 PM EDT
[#1]
*Pat on back.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 5:06:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 5:06:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Get your minds out of the gutter, I am expecting nothing in return. Two of them are married to friends of mine.:)
View Quote

You could always do a little wife swappage....  [;)]

Link Posted: 1/2/2003 5:26:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Share and share alike I always say [sex]
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 5:40:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Its OK, I'm gettin it somewhere else.[;)]
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 5:42:43 PM EDT
[#6]
A pat on the back from me as well.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 5:49:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Man, I would give away almost ALL of my rifles and handguns if I could convince my fiancee to keep a gun in the house.  In fact, I would give them all away and just keep one!

I'd be happy if she got a nice over-under shotgun or something - doesn't have to be anything super-tactical or black or automatic or anything.

Alas - she just refuses to do it.
[:(]
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 6:21:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Man, I would give away almost ALL of my rifles and handguns if I could convince my fiancee to keep a gun in the house.  In fact, I would give them all away and just keep one!

I'd be happy if she got a nice over-under shotgun or something - doesn't have to be anything super-tactical or black or automatic or anything.

[:(]
View Quote

You must not be familiar with AR15.com's rules for relationships! Will find link...
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 6:54:39 PM EDT
[#9]
just as long as it is not the 9mm Colt 1911 I traded you.  That is too nice of a gun.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 7:37:42 PM EDT
[#10]
No way USMA! That pistol stays with me. I have already turned down an offer for it.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 8:14:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Man, I would give away almost ALL of my rifles and handguns if I could convince my fiancee to keep a gun in the house. In fact, I would give them all away and just keep one!

View Quote

Uhh...RED FLAG!

I'm assuming that guns are very important to you. This is a HUGE issue that needs to be addressed before marriage.

Being gun friendly was definately a requirement for me. One of the things that told me my wife was a keeper was when she showed me her stainless .357 Mag.

Just my unsolicited 2 cents.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 8:18:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Nice. Pat from me as well
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 8:23:17 PM EDT
[#13]
My wife has a CCW and is a NRA instructor.. Does she win??

LOL
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 9:27:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Man, I would give away almost ALL of my rifles and handguns if I could convince my fiancee to keep a gun in the house. In fact, I would give them all away and just keep one!

View Quote

Uhh...RED FLAG!

I'm assuming that guns are very important to you. This is a HUGE issue that needs to be addressed before marriage.

Being gun friendly was definately a requirement for me. One of the things that told me my wife was a keeper was when she showed me her stainless .357 Mag.

Just my unsolicited 2 cents.
View Quote

Life would be boring if we agreed on everything - or even anything!  [:D]

She doesn't like guns, doesn't want to own any, but she accepts that I am completely insane, and that I will always own guns.  She just shakes her head, and buys another $50 bottle of wine (a particular insanity of hers that I will never comprehend).

While I enjoy my relatively large collection, most of them are just things, that's all.  Ultimately, I could be happy with a Garand and a .45 and her.  I don't think I could be happy with all the guns in the world, but not her.

I do appreciate the advice tho - thanks.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 10:22:14 PM EDT
[#15]
I have a Florida permit, so I should be eligible.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 11:02:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I have a Florida permit, so I should be eligible.
View Quote

Quoted:
intend to offer the deal to any women
View Quote

Ummmm, c-wheel looking at your profile, I [s]think[/s] hope that you would not be eligible. [%|]

Jamie
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 11:08:52 PM EDT
[#17]
I just spit coffee all over the keyboard as I had this thought: I ought to start a thread.

"How many ARFCOM members would get up in drag to be eligible for Pooby's  Tarus PT111?"
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 3:10:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Void where prohibited by law.
Contest not open to transsexuals, transvestites or cross-dressers and the few members of ARFCOM who arent.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 3:15:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Void where prohibited by law.
Contest not open to transsexuals, transvestites or cross-dressers and the few members of ARFCOM who arent.
View Quote

MAN!  That's harsh! [:D]

Happy to be one of the few.

USPC40

[img]photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=476[/img]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]

[img]photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=469[/img]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top