Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2003 4:36:46 PM EDT
Other than the Simpon's, I don't try to catch any shows on a regular basis, but I really have been getting into Dave Attell's Insomniac on Comedy Central.

The guy can't be anti-gun, since in one episode he drove around with the New Orleans police in the back of a pickup, shooting Nutria in the canals with a silenced 10-22.  In another episode, he went to a skeet range at night to compete with a one armed skeet shooter.

For those who've never seen it, it's about this guy who travels to different cities, wandering around all night finding all the weird people and things going on late at night.

In Alaska tonight, on Comedy Central at 10pm.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 4:44:44 PM EDT
[#1]
It's a great show. Don't have cable anymore, so I'll have to have it taped for me.

He's done three things with guns that I recall. One was the nutria, the other was ladie's night at the shooting range, and third was a late night clay shoot where he was beaten by a shooter with one arm.

Very, very funny show.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 4:45:05 PM EDT
[#2]
NOTHING beats the episode when he went to that restaurant where those nasty black chicks were serving food and calling guys shit fucking crackers and other niceties!  That was the funniest shit I've seen aside from Jackass!

Oh yeah, the silenced 22's were definately the COOLEST thing I've seen as well!  Imagine the cool cops that handed him the 10/22 and he opened up with it!  IMagine that...sitting on a chair in the back of a pickup shooting annoying animals with a suppressed rifle!!!
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 4:52:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Insomiac is a good show. Some of my fav's were unpright citizens brigade, strangers with candy and southpark. Crank yankers is funny too. The daily show is funny but john stewart is a lefty.Colin Quinn had his own show for a couple weeks just last month but it didnt last...it was awsome but I think the shows non-PC attitude had something to do with its demise. On one episode Colin was bitching about that peacenick actors organization sean PinLaden is in...matter of fact it was the last episode.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 4:56:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Dave also had two of the funniest lead-ins to a show I have ever seen.  I will attempt to quote, but will probably paraphrase:

'Before we start the show go get a change of pants and open a window.'  (BEAT)  'Trust me on this.'

AND

'Are you tired of large breasted teenaged girls having their own shows on television?'  (BEAT)  'Me neither.'
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 5:04:05 PM EDT
[#5]
I really loved how he closed the nutria-shooting episode: "In case anyone is wondering, LOTS of animals were harmed in the filming of this show!!" Hahahahahaha!!!
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 5:22:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Ah, thanks for the tip.  I used to catch that show every now and then, it's pretty good. I'd like to see what dives Dave visits in Alaska.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 5:24:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Great show, especially shooting the little rodents with the suppressed .22. That show actually gave my friend and I the idea to go and take pictures of girls (butts), unfortunately it was during a school thing and we were caught...It was worth it though.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 5:26:54 PM EDT
[#8]
I think that and Trigger Happy TV are two of the best shows on TV.  Makes comedy central worthwhile!
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 5:40:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Just rememebered one of my favorite lines from his show:

When he meets the girl in the bar in NY city who tells him she's into "bleeding from surgical tubing", he turns and looks right to the camera, winks and whispers "Use a condom"

Link Posted: 1/2/2003 6:36:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Just finishing up tonights episode as I type this. LMAO!

Don in Ohio
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 6:56:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top