[#1]
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 1:18:49 AM EDT
[#2]
He's also actually not a "Sr"

He is George Herbert Walker Bush.
The current president is George Walker Bush and is not a "Jr."

Link Posted: 1/2/2003 1:22:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Here is a list of his acomplishments. Career: Businessman; Member of U.S. House of Representatives, 1967-71; U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations, 1971-73; Chief of Mission, U.S. Liaison Office to People’s Republic of China, 1974-75, Director of the Central Intelligence Agency, 1976-77; Vice President, 1981-89 (under Reagan); President of the United States (1989-93)

Link Posted: 1/2/2003 1:26:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 1:27:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Did you know that?  I didn't...
View Quote

[1GUNRUNNER][i]Sigh[/i][\1GUNRUNNER]  [;)]
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 1:27:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 1:30:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
He's also actually not a "Sr"

He is George Herbert Walker Bush.
The current president is George Walker Bush and is not a "Jr."

View Quote

That I actually knew
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 1:55:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Yes!
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 1:58:33 AM EDT
[#9]
I always liked him. He is a very intelligent man IMO.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 2:21:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Yeh I knew that.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 2:34:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Here is a list of his acomplishments. Career: Businessman; Member of U.S. House of Representatives, 1967-71; U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations, 1971-73; Chief of Mission, U.S. Liaison Office to People’s Republic of China, 1974-75, Director of the Central Intelligence Agency, 1976-77; Vice President, 1981-89 (under Reagan); President of the United States (1989-93)

View Quote

You forgot youngest aviator in the US Navy, (1943-45).
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 3:22:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

You forgot youngest aviator in the US Navy, (1943-45).
View Quote

True but only for a short time. He did age as he was in the Navy and younger men were accepted into the flight school. He was 18 when he was in flight school at Pennsicola.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 3:34:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Point of "youngest" was that he was allowed to join without the colledge most were required to have....., yes knew that he was w/ the CIA.

Here's an interesting thread/read containing plenty of things most never knew about GB, follow the link to get your online copy of "George Bush, The Un-Authorized Biography":
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=143318&w=searchPop[/url].

Mike
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 4:02:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Did you know that?  I didn't...
View Quote

Yes, and he also got shot down in the Pacific during WWII.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 4:08:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Yes.  And I also know there isn't an "i" in Pensacola.  [;)]

Eddie
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 5:12:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Sorry, [b]Mr_Wilson[/b], but life is too short and full of too much wonder, to waste reading the trash!

Anyone can write pretty much anything they want about anyone they like in this country.

It's called 'Freedom of Expression.'

But that doesn't mean you have to read the shit that lines the bottom of the dumpster.

Eric The(WiseBeyondHisEars)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 5:18:45 AM EDT
[#17]
I think he was 17 when he joined the Navy.  I don't know his age when he got to flight school.  He also won the [b]Navy Cross[/b], the highest award in the Navy apart from the Congressional Medal of Honor.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 5:51:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Yes.

Ronald Reagan was a bad actor in bad movies and governor of California.

George Washington fought for the British in the Prussian War.

Thomas Jefferson was, well, just about everything.

Bill Clinton, near as we can tell, has been on some type of government "workfare" program all his life. It's nice to have something to fall back on.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 6:00:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Prussian War?

Do you mean French and Indian War?
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 6:03:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Prussian War?

View Quote

I believe that [b]DzlBenz[/b] was just being facetious in his last post, don't you? [:D]

Eric The(Obvious)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 6:06:20 AM EDT
[#21]
Remember that Simpsons when George Bush moved in across the street from the Simpsons, and Homer started a vendetta against George Bush?

"This is a little move I learned in the CIA"  as he pulled a garotte cord from his wrist watch with which to strangle Homer.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 6:08:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Prussian War?

View Quote

Yes. Sorry. He fought with (or perhaps commanded) Hessian troops, I believe. Something I heard on a TV program the other night while trying to study for my Pilot's License exam. I rather suck at multi-tasking.

Facetious, ETH? Not entirely. Just trying to point out that MOST presidents had some sort of legitimate (although in Reagan's case, not necessarily stellar) career prior to POTUS. One in recent times stands out as a lifelong beurocrat and drain on the resources of taxpaying citizens.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 6:10:26 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
...Pilot's License exam. I rather suck at multi-tasking.
View Quote

Boy, that didn't come out right.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 6:11:53 AM EDT
[#24]
I believe he was a Major, and was painted in a famous picture, that showed the British officer commanding the group dying of a mortal wound.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 6:15:18 AM EDT
[#25]
Post from DzlBenz -
Ronald Reagan was a bad actor in bad movies and Democrat governor of California.
View Quote

So [u]this[/u] wasn't an attempt to be facetious?

I would imagine that since taste is not a matter for dispute, you could find that Pres. Reagan was a 'bad' actor, and that the movies in which he appeared were 'bad', but you could not say that he was the 'Democrat' governor of California!

Surely that was another error, right?

Eric The(WordsHaveMeaning)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 6:21:56 AM EDT
[#26]
[url]pbsvideodb.pbs.org/chapter.asp?item_id=3185&chap_id=3[/url]

At Fort Necessity, Washington built a stockade. He made the mistake of building it surrounded by hills and had not cleared the woods. 700 French and Indian soldiers attacked the fort. Heavy rains turned the fort into marshy ground. Washington surrendered. After s siege, he was forced into a humiliating surrender. He signed a document admitting to the attack on the French soldiers. He didn't realize that he was also admitting to killing the officer who was actually a diplomat. This paper was later used as propaganda against him. Returning to Virginia, George Washington resigned his commission. In early 1755, Washington was enticed to join General Braddock's command with a promise of a commission in the British Army. Braddock's army suffered a catastrophic defeat, and General Braddock was killed. Washington received no commission, and he and the other colonials were treated with contempt. The French and Indian War lasted 7 years. In 1765, the British tried to raise the first set of taxes in America to pay for this War: their actions began a series of events which led to the American Revolutionary War that began in April 1775. The French helped the Americans which led to higher taxes in France which led to the French Revolution in July 1789. After the defeat of Braddock, Washington went to Boston to seek a commission from the British commander-in-chief but was refused. He returned to Virginia to live the life of a gentleman. Here he received 20,000 acres as a bonus promised to veterans. He was criticized for taking the best lands at the expense of his troops.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Initially George Washington was a Virginia Militia Colonel.

The painting I was thinking of was of the death of Gen. Bradock.

What would have happened during the Revolution if George Washington had held a comission in the British Army?

Oly(knows more than Huns give him credit for)M4gery
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 6:26:17 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 6:26:49 AM EDT
[#28]
Oh, for cripes sakes, Eric! You and this "accuracy" thing. What are you, some kind of lawyer?!?

Oh, wait.

Yeah, I muffed that. Sorry. Will fix adroitly.

And listen, anyone who has suffered through "Santa Fe Trail" as many times as I have can offer that the guy was just not a very good actor. Think of him as the David Schwimmer of his day.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top