Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2003 11:11:59 AM EDT
Naturally I have a Le Sabre that needs to have the motor mount taken off to change the water pump. I have all the bolts out of the engine  including the airpump bolts and the 5" or 6" long motor mount through bolt.

Question:

Do I need to take the motor mount off on the frame side, or do I just separate the mount by taking out it's through bolt. If I do need to separate the motor mount, how do I get the two sides of the motor mount free of each other? Thanks
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 1:43:40 PM EDT
[#1]
You did not say what year it is. Must be v6.  
I take the motor mount bolts out of the engine, and then put a floor jack under the oil pan to hold the engine up. I then take out the long thru bolt on the mount. Then you can jack up the engine prity hi. I then remove the 2 bolts where the mount is bolted to the body. Then there are 2 more bolts under the mount to the body. Now if you have all that unbolted, the mount will still not come out. But you can move it just enough to get the water pump unbolted.
Hope this helps.  O yea the 2 boltes under the mount you can just loosen them not all the way out.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 2:29:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Falcon2

Thank you, thank you, thank you,  I understand you completly, your excellent directions paid for my membership to AR15. hehehe  

Thanks a million bud  santa
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 3:12:20 PM EDT
[#3]
No problem. Let me know how you come out.
I do this for a living.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top