Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2003 6:53:50 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 7:06:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Perhaps this is a sign that you should enlist again......hmmmm?

Some changes are permanent ya know......you may be out of the military but the military will never be out of you.

Now as far as a nightmare....a nightmare was seeing Tennessee get their ass stomped by the Terps last night......30-3....ouch!!

Happy New Year Miss_M  [<]:)]

Spc4 X--Kill
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 7:10:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Really, really weird.  Has anyone else had a "terrorist" dream?  I've dreamt about telephony stuff before (which is embarrassing to admit) but this was really out there....
View Quote

No, but I think yours is just about horrific and weird enough for everybody.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 7:29:30 AM EDT
[#3]
The only terrorist nightmare I ever had was the one where [b]Miss_Magnum[/b] was kidnapped by assailants unknown and we never heard from her on this Board again!

'This is no dream! This is really happening!' -Rosemary Woodhouse (Mia Farrow), [i][b]Rosemary's Baby[/b][/i], 1968.

Happy New Year, [b]MM![/b][<]:)]

Eric The(HonestToGod)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 7:54:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 8:05:38 AM EDT
[#5]
That's awful!  I have never had a terrorist dream other than after 9/11...we live right under the western flight path for our airport and once the planes started flying again, I had some nightmares about them crashing.

BTW, I had a bizzare one too last night...I was teaching high school biology (no, I am not a teacher, nor do I have any interest in biology...well, maybe the anatomy part, but who doesn't!) and one of my students had an ostrich with him and we were lighting bunsen burners and the ostrich caught on fire.  Here's the sick thing...the ostrich was burned really badly but it was still alive and I wanted to put the poor thing out of its misery and the school admin wouldn't let me.  The poor thing kept crying.  Creepy stuff...
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 8:08:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Really, really weird.  Has anyone else had a "terrorist" dream?  I've dreamt about telephony stuff before (which is embarrassing to admit) but this was really out there....
View Quote

Nope, no terrorist dreams. However, due to my occupation (Cop), I have had many "freaky" dreams over the years about "bad things happening to good people" Maybe you spend too much time fretting over world events. If you do, stop. Live your life and enjoy today because you have no control over what those nut jobs are going to do. I refuse to give it any serious thought. I have, again due to my line of work, a defensive mind set. Threat scan and threat assesment have become habit, perhaps instinctive even. It's not so much from me fearing for my safety on the job, it's more about the rotten things I see people doing to one another. I just don't trust people and can't under estimate what they are capable of doing to each other. I do not worry for my safety but of course, I can't help worrying about my wife and daughter. I can't be with them all the time and my wife, like most people, is oblivious to her surroundings.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 10:12:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 10:26:46 AM EDT
[#8]
I had a dream that I got really drunk and woke up with a massive hangover

Then I realized I wasent dreaming.......
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 10:50:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I had a dream that I got really drunk and woke up with a massive hangover

Then I realized I wasent dreaming.......
View Quote

HEY [B]MADPROFESSOR[/B] HOW'YA FEELIN'? ARE YOU OKAY? NEED SOME HELP MAN? Don'tcha hate it when people yell purposfully because they know your hungover? Go drink some Gatoraid and get your electrolites back in balance.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 1:30:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Wierd.

I was up to nearly 2:00 last night and woke up at 7:00 in an nightmare. I dreamed that the US Constitution no longer applied. That handguns were rationed to one purchase a month, that I had to take a test and submit a fingerprint to buy one, that pistols couldn't take more then 10 round magazines, that AR's, AK's and other rifles were banned to own simply because of their looks and that my states's 10 billion dollar surplus from two years ago was gone and [red]we were now 23 billion dollars in debt[/red].

What a nightmare eh?

[shock]
View Quote

Um, we are [b]35 billion[/b] in debt now.  Amazing how the numbers get revised [i]after[/i] the election.

Funny, btw.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 1:34:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 1:38:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 1:50:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
W[b]ei[/b]rd.

I was up to nearly 2:00 last night and woke up at 7:00 in an nightmare. I dreamed that the US Constitution no longer applied. That handguns were rationed to one purchase a month, that I had to take a test and submit a fingerprint to buy one, that pistols couldn't take more then 10 round magazines, that AR's, AK's and other rifles were banned to own simply because of their looks and that my states's 10 billion dollar surplus from two years ago was gone and we were now 23 billion dollars in debt.

What a nightmare eh?

[shock]
View Quote

There's a difference between predicting the future and having a nightmare.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 1:53:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

There's a difference between predicting the future and having a nightmare.
View Quote

Actually he was joking because this is the reality, though he was a bit off on our real debt.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 7:50:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Post from Miss_Magnum -
How's the weather down South?
View Quote

Peachy!

[:D]

Eric The(Jes'PlainFineAsWine)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 9:27:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

BTW, I had a bizzare one too last night...I was teaching high school biology (no, I am not a teacher, nor do I have any interest in biology...well, maybe the anatomy part, but who doesn't!) and one of my students had an ostrich with him and we were lighting bunsen burners and the ostrich caught on fire.  Here's the sick thing...the ostrich was burned really badly but it was still alive and I wanted to put the poor thing out of its misery and the school admin wouldn't let me.  The poor thing kept crying.  Creepy stuff...
View Quote

There is some freaky symbolism going on there - I'd be almost afraid to take a stab at it.

FWIW, it must be the week for weird dreams. I woke up panicking the day after X-mas - seems I dreamt I fell one credit short of graduating college - had enrolled in a class that I simply forgot about attending or something (there was more ot it than that, but that is the most I can seem to communicate).

Weird thing is, I haven't been a college student for over 5 years!

I've been here just off the DMZ for over two years - been through dozens of alert exercises - never head a Korean War dream except the week I spent on leave at my parent's house IN THE US this past spring.

My brain is just really weird that way.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 12:31:04 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I had this weird nightmare once where I was getting choked from behind by this girl named Sarah, she kicked my ass too!
View Quote

You're a lucky dog buddy, she only threatened me.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 12:33:38 AM EDT
[#18]
If your dream had been reality, it would be very disturbing. IMO. But how would they plant bombs on individuals?
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 12:43:21 AM EDT
[#19]
freaky dream.... We must always remain vigilant
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top