Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/30/2002 7:07:54 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 7:17:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Check into do-all at http://www.do-alltraps.com/

I have one I bought 4 yrs ago, and it is miles away better than the under 50.00 crap.
I bought the post mount one, it was like 85.00

They are made a little different now, I hope they haven't cheepened them too much, but mine is top shelf.

Throws standard clays 85 to 90 yards.

Rancid

Link Posted: 12/30/2002 7:23:37 AM EDT
[#2]
I was in Griffin & Howe in Bernardsville, NJ last week.  They had a clay pigeon thrower that was mounted on legs, similar to what you discribed.  I don't know who made it and didn't look at the price.  It looked expensive.

JOhn
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 7:26:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 7:28:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 7:38:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 7:57:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 8:04:36 AM EDT
[#7]
The hexagon ring is a safety device. It keeps you from standing in the whip zone of the throwing arm. If you were standing right next to the trap when it launched it would cause a pretty severe injury.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 8:06:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 9:36:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mike,
I would appreciate it if you could get me the info on it
View Quote

Called him--he answered on the second ring.  It is a Trius "One Step."  I was wrong about the rope trigger--you cock it with [b]one finger[/b], load the bird(s), then push the foot lever down and it fires when it reaches the bottom--automatically.  He said they are about $85.00, but he found his on sale for $69.00.  He said one flaw is the spring tension adjustment (top rear) passes through a hole and it wears/damages the threads with use.  He said it does not need adjusting after the initial setup, but would put a brass tube, to act as a protective bushing, over the threads if he had to do over.  He loves it and says it is easy to throw birds for yourself, which is tough with other throwers.  
View Quote

I also have one of these, and think very highly of it. Cabela's carries these, as does my local Dick's Sporting Goods. Around $90 locally. Throws good doubles, and very fast singles. One caveat-it takes a fair amount of weight to trip the step. A small woman or kid probably can't do it. I don't have that "problem" [:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top