Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2002 9:10:14 PM EDT
ON NOW!
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 9:17:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Seen it a few weeks ago. Almost swallowed my tongue laughing when they said "but when the German driver drives, he does only that and doesn't let himself distracted; that's why those high speeds are so safe." (or some line to that effect.)

Germans love their cellphones, CD-players, radios, beer, novels, blowjobs just as much as the next guy, take it from me. It's even more fun at 160 mph :)
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 10:04:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Big tickets for tailgating and fines are dependant on the personal wealth of the driver.  One very wealthy driver was fined 20k for tailgating [:O]

It is illegal to run out of gas on the Autobahn.  So are obscene hand gestures, with fines around $500 [img]http://www.full-auto.com/ubb/graemlins/fu.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 12:56:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Yep, fines are coupled to your income. You'll pay, say 20 [i]Tagessaetze[/i], i.e. the equivalent of the money you would make in 20 days; or you can choose not to pay, and spend those 20 days in jail instead.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 1:18:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Big tickets for tailgating and fines are dependant on the personal wealth of the driver.  One very wealthy driver was fined 20k for tailgating [:O]

It is illegal to run out of gas on the Autobahn.  So are obscene hand gestures, with fines around $500
View Quote
The way people drive around here that's not such a bad idea. Of course, there are some people who should be dragged to the side of the road and shot, then a bill for the ammo should be sent to the next of kin. (See, we can learn from both the Germans [b]and[/b] the Chinese.)
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 3:58:37 AM EDT
[#5]
It sounds good to think people would obey the law if it costed them more for breaking it, but I still don't see it affecting too many people over here.  You'd think $80 for doing 5mph over on the highway would discourage people?  Nope.  Maybe if we picked up the 20 days wage fine, people would think twice.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top