Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2014 12:46:54 PM EDT
all just closet fascists?

Some of the things I've heard self proclaimed "progressives" say would get a conservative charged with making "terrorist threats". Went to have a beer with the wife earlier today. We were sitting out on the patio. Jeep was there in front of us, NRA sticker clearly visible. Couple of the local progressive types sat down at the table next to us and proceeded to start in with the all NRA members need to die, the rich should have to surrender their wealth, blah, blah, blah. I noticed they drove up in a brand new BMW.

I've yet to meet a liberal that wasn't angry at the world and ready to commit mayhem in the interest of the "greater good" at the drop of a hat.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 12:51:20 PM EDT
[#1]
They think that...................

everyone needs to be controlled except for themselves.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 12:52:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

I know liberals who want to be controlled themselves.  I take it you have never met someone with "well, if you have nothing to hide...." attitude?
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 1:01:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Some of the things I've heard self proclaimed "progressives" say would get a conservative charged with making "terrorist threats". Went to have a beer with the wife earlier today. We were sitting out on the patio. Jeep was there in front of us, NRA sticker clearly visible. Couple of the local progressive types sat down at the table next to us and proceeded to start in with the all NRA members need to die, the rich should have to surrender their wealth, blah, blah, blah. I noticed they drove up in a brand new BMW.

I've yet to meet a liberal that wasn't angry at the world and ready to commit mayhem in the interest of the "greater good" at the drop of a hat.
View Quote

you should have redistributed their wealth.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 1:04:05 PM EDT
[#4]
they have small hands and cheaten wives
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 1:12:55 PM EDT
[#5]
In a word, yes.
Genocide has been a progressive plan A since the early 20th century.Don't forget these are the people who originated eugenics and advocated euthanasia for the "unfit'.It's always been justified by the term "The Greater Good", a polite euphemism meaning "a metric fuck ton of people who disagree with us are about to become landfill".
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 1:25:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I know liberals who want to be controlled themselves.  I take it you have never met someone with "well, if you have nothing to hide...." attitude?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A lot of "conservtives" the same way.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 1:27:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

yeah. and the right wants everyone to be free to live however they want.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 1:28:41 PM EDT
[#8]
You've got one thing wrong, though.  They're generally NOT ready to commit mayhem in the interest of their ideology.  They're ready for OTHER PEOPLE to commit mayhem in the interest of their ideology.  
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 1:29:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Dude.  You're posting on a board where someone said (in one of the many abortion threads) that if killing abortion doctors were legal, he'd be stacking them like cordwood.

But please, feel free to pretend that only the "progressives" are prone to hyperbole.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 1:30:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Enforcing "Progressive" ideas requires a strong central government and cooperation, coerced or voluntary, between private institutions such as businesses and the strong government.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 1:40:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Should have told them to bring it on!
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 1:43:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Dude.  You're posting on a board where someone said (in one of the many abortion threads) that if killing abortion doctors were legal, he'd be stacking them like cordwood.

But please, feel free to pretend that only the "progressives" are prone to hyperbole.
View Quote

Do you have a website, blog, newspaper etc?

I'd subscribe.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 2:26:47 PM EDT
[#13]
they're not in the closet as much as they used to be,,,seems about 2/3 of Congress fits that statement.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 2:28:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Because they figured out that just coming straight out and calling themselves fascists won't get them a very large following.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 2:30:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 2:30:52 PM EDT
[#16]
If you are in the NRA they threatened your life.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 2:33:03 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View Quote
Yep. Because they think are the smart ones and people who don't think like them are ignorant and a danger to themselves and possibly society, and need guidance of the smart ones, through force of government if necessary, .

Link Posted: 4/27/2014 2:36:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Because what they advocate requires a "holistic" government, that is a government that recognizes no boundary between private and public life.  The Italian fascists (who invented the brand) said it best ...... "everything in the state, nothing outside the state".  Such a government will necessarily move in a fascist direction after it becomes clear that not everyone is on board with their plans.

Link Posted: 4/27/2014 2:37:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 2:44:53 PM EDT
[#20]
You should ask the progressives around here.....

Can't swing a stick around here without poking a couple..... Hundred.

Link Posted: 4/27/2014 2:45:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

They want to be the ones doing the controlling.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 3:02:44 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Or if not them, people who think like them, who'll leave them alone.

Unfortunately for them that's not how it works.  The people who "think like them" will control them as well.

Link Posted: 4/27/2014 3:12:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

There is a huge difference between the two sides. While you can find almost any type within the mix of conservative/libertarian, all progressives are fascist at heart, or else they will grow out of being progressive when they grow up.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 3:13:20 PM EDT
[#24]
We don't appreciate their brilliance, so we must be "guided"
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 3:15:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
In a word, yes.
Genocide has been a progressive plan A since the early 20th century.Don't forget these are the people who originated eugenics and advocated euthanasia for the "unfit'.It's always been justified by the term "The Greater Good", a polite euphemism meaning "a metric fuck ton of people who disagree with us are about to become landfill".
View Quote

Bingo...

Larry Grathwohl On Ayers' Plan For American Re-Education Camps And The Need To Kill Millions

There's more in Mr. Grathwohl's book, Bringing Down America: An FBI Informer With the Weathermen.

RIP Mr. Grathwohl and thanks for your service to the FBI.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 3:18:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, more like RINOs and moderates. The argument for things like TARP, Patriot Act, etc., came from the mushy middle of the Republicans, not conservatives, and certainly not the libertarian wing.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 3:23:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Or if not them, people who think like them, who'll leave them alone.

Unfortunately for them that's not how it works.  The people who "think like them" will control them as well.

View Quote

Also don't underestimate the trust in the paternalism of government and the media, particularly in the moderate left.

I see this first hand in my mother-in-law, who will trust what the guy on TV tells her, and trusts the intents and competence of government. Now, I think that has broken down some due to Obamacare and my arguments. She has typically rejected anything I say if it conflicts with what the TV tells her, but unfolding reality has made an impression.

She really believed that Bill Clinton created a surplus, and George Bush spent it.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 3:25:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

There is a huge difference between the two sides. While you can find almost any type within the mix of conservative/libertarian, all progressives are fascist at heart, or else they will grow out of being progressive when they grow up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Abortion doctors fall into the same category as strippers

".... there's no need to kill'em, 'cuz most o'them are already dead inside." - Peter Griffon
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 3:33:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

I like to ask them what they think is wrong with the NRA.  Then I ask what they would do to them if the cops wouldn't punish them.  Then I ask them why they decided to become terrorists.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 3:35:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

They KNOW in their heart that the propaganda they spew is total bullshit.  Total bullshit that would require TOTAL CONTROL by the .gov to implement.

Link Posted: 4/27/2014 3:39:46 PM EDT
[#31]
It will be ironic that our progressive POTUS's weak foreign policy will start WW3.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 3:44:24 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's because most conservatives are just progressives who kept the Jesus in the movement.

Link Posted: 4/27/2014 4:06:33 PM EDT
[#33]
I always here how radical the progressives are and they are ready to "take the fight to the streets" really....you honestly want to escalate things to that level....what the hell are you going to fight with?
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 4:08:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

That's because most conservatives are just progressives who kept the Jesus in the movement.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/27/2014 4:11:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh pish.  I see plenty of Conservative/Libertarian types who are more than happy to have the boot of .gov on your throat, as long as it's their boot.  Morality by legislation and control is the core mission on both sides of the aisle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top