Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2014 9:23:02 AM EDT
So, not giving non-whites preferential treatment is now racist?

It was also a 6-2 decision, not split 5-4 along party lines.

The civil rights lawyer who argued unsuccessfully before the Supreme Court to end Michigan’s affirmative action ban repeated Sunday that the high court’s decision was "racist.”

"This is a racist decision that takes us back to an era of state’s rights,” civil rights attorney Shanta Driver told "Fox News Sunday.” "This decision cannot stand.”

Gratz, who is white, told "Fox News Sunday” that she found it "unbelievable” that a decision that prohibits race discrimination could be perceived as "racist.”

Link Posted: 4/27/2014 9:24:14 AM EDT
[#1]
If nothing else works, or you have nothing to argue, it's racist
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 9:33:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Back to an era of state's rights?

State's rights is synonymous with racism?
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 9:34:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Tough shit. Get ahead because you work harder and make better choices, not because of pigmentation.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 9:41:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Saw that this morning.... trying to make things equil is racist. ..WTF..  I think that all gender and race info should be removed from all applications.  Race and sex should NEVER play a role in admissions to a school or a job for that matter.   That woman trying to make her point sounded ignorant.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 9:42:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Suck it racist bitch!

Link Posted: 4/27/2014 9:42:52 AM EDT
[#6]
The opposite of racism maybe
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 9:43:09 AM EDT
[#7]

ETA: Yes it was worth saying twice
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 9:43:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

You can say that again
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 9:45:45 AM EDT
[#9]
I personally believe that minorities can compete and are not inferior.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 9:46:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Yeah, life is tough when you have to actually be competent enough to earn a living without gov forcing places to hire unqualified people.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 9:47:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Can't find any fucks to give.  

Anyone reflexively whining about "racism" gets automatically filed under the category of "don't care, hope something awful happens to you".

Accusations of racism have largely replaced accusations of not caring about the poor.    They're not flinging them around in good faith.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 9:49:30 AM EDT
[#12]
I wish this was a new era of State's Rights.  But it ain't.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 9:51:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Who could have possibly seen that one coming?
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 9:53:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Being in an environment where I see how this works, I have come to realize the "new" definition of "racist."  It took me a while to get, but after several conversations with students and coworkers, I figured it out.

Today, racist means anything that does not specifically benefit a minority demographic.

The concept of whether it is right or wrong, justified or not, simply is NOT part of the equation.

By what seems to be the current definition of racism, he would be correct.

And stupid.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 9:54:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
If nothing else works, or you have nothing to argue, it's racist
View Quote

It's a little more reductive than that.  If a person of color or a white toady doesn't like it, it's racist.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 9:57:17 AM EDT
[#16]
The idea that one has to prop up "minorities" because they are less capable, less intelligent, etc. etc. than whitey is racist. Equality is not.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 10:00:54 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
If you have nothing to argue, it's racist
View Quote

Yep.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 10:13:41 AM EDT
[#18]
Discriminating by the color of your skin?  Not racist.

Not discriminating by the color of your skin?  Racist.

Real coherent thinking by the Left there.  Up is down, down is up.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 10:15:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

While no one argues minorities are inferior, the other side of the argument for Affirmative Action is to level the playing field due to the effects of institutional racism and white privilege.  
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 10:18:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Tough shit. Get ahead because you work harder and make better choices, not because of pigmentation.
View Quote

Isn't race more of a genetic trait, rather than just skin pigmentation?  If it was just an issue of melanin content of skin, then can I get a deep tan and some dreadlocks and reclassify myself in order to get benefits of whatever group I wanted to be part of?  Cumon now, I want me some FSA loot.

Link Posted: 4/27/2014 10:20:06 AM EDT
[#21]
not judging someone by the color of their skin is racist?

thats doublespeak if i have ever heard it
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 10:26:32 AM EDT
[#22]
The only thing affirmative action ever did anyway was to put some people into positions that they were not qualified for.

Link Posted: 4/27/2014 10:35:34 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Isn't race more of a genetic trait, rather than just skin pigmentation?  If it was just an issue of melanin content of skin, then can I get a deep tan and some dreadlocks and reclassify myself in order to get benefits of whatever group I wanted to be part of?  Cumon now, I want me some FSA loot.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dont even need to do all that. Several creative non minority individuals enroll in HBC's around here routinely. They then become the minority at that school. Heads explode while they get damn near a free ride.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 10:37:52 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

While no one argues minorities are inferior, the other side of the argument for Affirmative Action is to level the playing field due to the effects of institutional racism and white privilege.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Those effects being what, exactly?
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 10:42:31 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

im not sure im smart enough to fully understand this logic but somewhere in there i feel like your telling me im entitled to be an NBA player.

Link Posted: 4/27/2014 10:50:10 AM EDT
[#26]
Racism IS alive and well in America today. Look at the income disparity between African Americans and the rest of the average population. It is imperative that the other ethnic/cultural groups be punished for oppressing them. As a WHITE American I feel that it is important to support these oppressed groups(African Americans and Latinos) while oppressing the oppressors. *QUE the hate of Jewish Asians...*

(for those of you who haven't looked at the stats, incomes of those of Asian and Jewish decent is markedly higher than the average, while these groups are also possessing the highest percentage of advanced degrees, I feel obligated to call them racist for my shortcomings and lack of an advanced degree)
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 10:52:37 AM EDT
[#27]
Awesome!  So can we own other people legally again?
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 10:53:05 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

im not sure im smart enough to fully understand this logic but somewhere in there i feel like your telling me im entitled to be an NBA player.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your a 7' tall dirty inky?
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 11:06:41 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Saw that this morning.... trying to make things equil is racist. ..WTF..  I think that all gender and race info should be removed from all applications.  Race and sex should NEVER play a role in admissions to a school or a job for that matter.   That woman trying to make her point sounded ignorant.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 11:07:51 AM EDT
[#30]
Equality is racist.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 11:12:58 AM EDT
[#31]
Nature is racist.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top