Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/25/2014 8:13:49 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 8:17:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Fucked up.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 8:17:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Hmmm... Manslaughter kindof sounds like a good charge.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 8:18:23 AM EDT
[#3]
God please tell me they didn't breed.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 8:19:27 AM EDT
[#4]
If he hadn't assisted her he'd be a free man.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 8:24:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 8:25:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Here's a tip, when someone says that they want to kill themselves. Don't put a fucking gun in their hands.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 8:26:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Well, that's a new one....
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 8:30:56 AM EDT
[#8]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm going to hell as well.  

All the old man probably wanted was for her to shut up so he could watch some TV.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 8:33:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Derp.  Alcohol involved?
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 8:36:24 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Here's a tip, when someone says that they want to kill themselves. Don't put a fucking gun in their hands.
View Quote

This. Call the cops so they can shoot her instead.

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 8:37:24 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View Quote

Or if you do, don't tell the cops you did.

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 8:38:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well at least don't tell them you did!
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 8:42:04 AM EDT
[#13]
A man that loves his wife should give her what she wants.  Not guilty.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 8:47:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Say what you mean and mean what you say. Not guilty.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 8:48:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
If he hadn't told the police that he assisted her he'd be a free man.
View Quote

fify
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 8:48:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Sounds like assisted suicide.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 8:50:00 AM EDT
[#17]
BS. He blew her away.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 8:51:25 AM EDT
[#18]
I worked on a case with the same set of facts a while ago. Charged in coos county. IIRC it resulted in neg-hom.

Quoted:
If he hadn't assisted her he'd be a free man.
View Quote

I do believe he's a free man now.

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 8:51:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 8:52:01 AM EDT
[#20]
Good charge. He needs to die in prison.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 8:52:59 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You don't know that. Only dags may have died.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 8:55:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Or make sure it's state sanctioned.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 8:56:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If he had given her a dog mask to wear before they arrived, would he still have been charged?

ETA As to the story, the guy didn't put the gun to her head, pull the trigger, or coerce her into doing it.  I don't see why he should be charged.  The guy is certainly guilty of being a dick, but as far as I know that isn't illegal... yet...
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 8:57:08 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

All the old man probably wanted was for her to shut up so he could watch some TV.
http://youtu.be/-jAaouaUVW4?t=15s

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 8:59:50 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 9:01:55 AM EDT
[#26]
I feel bad, but I laughed at that story.  That's comedy material right there.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 9:02:40 AM EDT
[#27]
meanwhile, the first lemming in the clan was charged with mass murder today.....
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 9:04:52 AM EDT
[#28]
If I was on the jury it would be not guilty. People are responsible for their own actions.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 9:05:47 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Why you hate freedom?
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 9:09:35 AM EDT
[#30]
She held the gun to her head and attempted to pull the trigger. Murment then showed her how to cock the weapon, after which she held the gun to her head and shot herself.

Murment Chamblin told authorities he thought his wife had been bluffing.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 9:10:53 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
If I was on the jury it would be not guilty. People are responsible for their own actions.
View Quote

Motherfuckingnailedit.jpeg

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 9:13:52 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
She held the gun to her head and attempted to pull the trigger. Murment then showed her how to cock the weapon, after which she held the gun to her head and shot herself.

http://actionfiguretherapy.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/AFT-Ranger-Problem-Solved-Olive-White-Sticker-300.jpg

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 9:16:34 AM EDT
[#33]

The couple had been watching a baseball game when Judy Chamblin said if she had a gun she would kill herself.

Murment Chamblin then retrieved a revolver from another room and handed it to his wife.

- See more at: http://www.chieftain.com/mobile/msearch/2502119-123/chamblin-wife-murment-police#sthash.P3FUWDXx.dpuf

View Quote

I can sorta see why he got charged.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 9:20:17 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 9:27:52 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Murment Chamblin told police his wife was paranoid and distraught over problems with her checking account, according to his arrest affidavit.

The couple had been watching a baseball game when Judy Chamblin said if she had a gun she would kill herself.

Murment Chamblin then retrieved a revolver from another room and handed it to his wife.

I can see manslaughter charges in this case.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 9:28:48 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now, everyone go to Youtube.com and search for "why I never talk to the police..."
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 9:30:46 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

If he had given her a dog mask to wear before they arrived, would he still have been charged?

ETA As to the story, the guy didn't put the gun to her head, pull the trigger, or coerce her into doing it.  I don't see why he should be charged.  The guy is certainly guilty of being a dick, but as far as I know that isn't illegal... yet...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

dis·traught
dis'trôt/Submit
adjective
deeply upset and agitated.
"a distraught woman sobbed and screamed for help"
synonyms:worried, upset, distressed, fraught; More

As pointed out before, you DO NOT put a gun  in the hands of such a person.

Ever.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 9:30:54 AM EDT
[#38]
need pic of wife to form opinion
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 9:35:36 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

If the woman was threatening to go shoot up a mall, and she did it after her husband gave her a weapon and taught her to use it, would you have the same opinion? What if a terrorist was threatening to bomb a public place and someone knowingly gave him the explosives to do it? Is "I thought they were bluffing" really a legitimate excuse?

I agree that people are responsible for their own actions. But that responsibility also includes gross negligence by the other parties involved. If you coerce someone into committing a crime because you didn't think they'd actually do it, or you knowingly assist them in collecting the weapons/tools to carry out a crime, then you're also liable for what happens. Part of your responsibility as a citizen includes taking reasonable precautions to NOT assist or endorse criminal actions by others.

The guy handed his wife a gun and told her how to kill herself, after she was threatening to kill herself. He's just as responsible for her death as she is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If the woman was threatening to go shoot up a mall, and she did it after her husband gave her a weapon and taught her to use it, would you have the same opinion? What if a terrorist was threatening to bomb a public place and someone knowingly gave him the explosives to do it? Is "I thought they were bluffing" really a legitimate excuse?

I agree that people are responsible for their own actions. But that responsibility also includes gross negligence by the other parties involved. If you coerce someone into committing a crime because you didn't think they'd actually do it, or you knowingly assist them in collecting the weapons/tools to carry out a crime, then you're also liable for what happens. Part of your responsibility as a citizen includes taking reasonable precautions to NOT assist or endorse criminal actions by others.

The guy handed his wife a gun and told her how to kill herself, after she was threatening to kill herself. He's just as responsible for her death as she is.

if that was the case, then why isn't half the FBI in jail?

I don't disagree, it just pisses me off that feds play by entirely different rules
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 9:37:43 AM EDT
[#40]
Why would he even admit to that. He probably did it and said that's what happened to make is sound less likely he actually committed the crime.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 9:39:16 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

View Quote

Aiding/abetting suicide, maybe. Manslaughter? Nah, don't see it.

If he'd kept his mouth shut, he wouldn't have charged with anything.

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 9:39:41 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 9:39:46 AM EDT
[#43]
The guy is certainly an asshole, but I don't think you should go to jail for telling someone how to kill themselves or even providing the means to do it. It isn't generally illegal to allow someone to kill themselves. Also, I can think of plenty of people I might cheer-on if they wanted to blow their own brains out.

He didn't pull the trigger, she was a grown-up who made her own decision. Not guilty.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 9:40:30 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Now, everyone go to Youtube.com and search for "why I never talk to the police..."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.
Way to talk yourself into getting arrested pal.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 9:42:11 AM EDT
[#45]
Assisted suicide illegal there?
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 9:43:34 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 9:44:01 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I don't disagree, it just pisses me off that feds play by entirely different rules
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quiet peasant!

The FBI, just like the rest of the Federal .gov, is above reproach, above suspicion and, of course, above the law.

Now shush up before your dog gets shot.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 9:44:36 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No shit.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 9:44:38 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
If he hadn't told the police he assisted her he'd be a free man.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 9:44:39 AM EDT
[#50]
If he gives his wife a hammer and she smashes her finger is the husband responsible ?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top