Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2002 12:29:33 AM EDT
so who would play whom? lets hear so big name and some small name actors.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 12:36:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Well, in order to remain consistent with the Jack Ryan movies, Willem Dafoe would play Clark and Raymond Cruz would play Domingo "Ding" Chavez. But I would like to hear some more ideas on this as well.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 12:47:01 AM EDT
[#2]
In an amusing crossover from that fine English film "Snatch", get the guy who played "Boris the Blade" as the Russian agent.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 12:56:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Well, in order to remain consistent with the Jack Ryan movies, Willem Dafoe would play Clark and Raymond Cruz would play Domingo "Ding" Chavez. But I would like to hear some more ideas on this as well.
View Quote
Actually, Clark was played by Liev Screiber in Sum of All Fears, which was a bad miscast as Clark is supposed to be in his late 40s or 50s, not 30s.

As for the rest of the cast for a Rainbow 6 movie; I'd like to see international actors play the international operators. Kinda like how the used a Czech (Karel Roden)and a Russian (Oleg Taktarov) to play the Czech and Russian bad guys in 15 Minutes (see pic below). I much rather see that than having big name American actors speak with bad accents. (Though I must admit that the Brits who played Americans in Band of Brothers did a good job, as opposed to the Brits and Aussies in Black Hawk Down who all used the same god awful drawl for an accent in their attempts to play Americans.) Just my two cents.

International bad guys Oleg Taktarov and Karel Roden.
[img]http://i.imdb.com/Photos/Ss/0179626/taktarov%2Broden%2Bfarmiga.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 1:05:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Dennis Quaid was good in "savior" (if you haven't seen it, it's a good flick), and the guy who played the lead in "Shot through the heart" (the movie about sarajevo-also a damn good flick) would be good also.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 1:07:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well, in order to remain consistent with the Jack Ryan movies, Willem Dafoe would play Clark  
View Quote
Actually, Clark was played by Liev Screiber in Sum of All Fears, which was a bad miscast as Clark is supposed to be in his late 40s or 50s, not 30s.
View Quote

[b]skullworks[/b]You're right on "The Sum of All Fears", but Willem Dafoe did play Clark in "Clear and Present Danger".  I forgot about Liev Screiber in "The Sum of All Fears", but shouldn't have since his part was one of the few highlights to the film.  Thanks for reminding me about that though.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 1:12:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
[b]skullworks[/b] You're right on "The Sum of All Fears", but Willem Dafoe did play Clark in "Clear and Present Danger".  I forgot about Liev Screiber in "The Sum of All Fears", but shouldn't have since his part was one of the few highlights to the film.  Thanks for reminding me about that though.
View Quote
You're right. What I meant was that Willem Dafoe is not the only actor to have played Clark. I must admit though, when I read the books I always thought of Clark as looking more like Fred Ward than Willem Dafoe.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 1:18:58 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm also kinda partial to Vladimir Mashkov who played the sniper/stalker in the otherwise forgettable Behind Enemy Lines.
[img]http://[email protected]/smunter/vladimirmashkov/galleries/enemy/images/02.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 1:32:20 AM EDT
[#8]
strangely enough but I always thought Mr. Clark was black. I guess I missed that part the first time I read the character. After seeing Dafoe was playing him I went back and re-read the books, hmmm what do you know, he isn't black!! But non the less I did not like Dafoes Mr.Clark, not anywhere near scary enough or intimidating enough. Keep Chavez's actor though he did a good job. I thought Martin Sheen woulda been a good Mr. Clark (think about it for a bit).
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 2:21:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I thought Martin Sheen woulda been a good Mr. Clark (think about it for a bit).
View Quote
Trying to tie Apocalypse Now into it, huh?
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 4:22:49 AM EDT
[#10]
I think Tom Berenger would make a good Clark. Taking a look at "the sum of all fears".I am a big Clancy fan, I read every one of his books plus the Op-center ones. Maybe it was a butchered version of the book but I thought it was a pretty good movie. One of the better action movies I have seen in awhile. I thought Liev played a better Clark than Defoe did. I really dont like like Defoe. But think about Tom in the Substitute, Sniper and Platoon. I think alot of you will agree with me now. Does Anyone have any links to sites giving info on the production. I used to visit www.upcomingmovies.com but the site has changed and is not as good as it used to be.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 4:25:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Oh yeah rumor has it Clancy like Matt Damon to play a John Clark.

[url]http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hp&cf=prev&id=1808405568&intl=us[/url]
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 6:47:17 AM EDT
[#12]

I totally agree on Tom Berenger playing the role of John Clark.  I've been saying he should get the role for about a year now.  He's about the right age for Clark and has the look for it too.  I just hope to hell that they don't cast Matt Damon for such a role.

Actually, I think if they want to do "Rainbow Six" correctly...  do it as a really decent tv series (ala "24").  Have the first season cover the events of the book, so that it is done correctly and we get all of the supporting characters.  Then, they can do whatever they like with subsequent seasons.

Link Posted: 12/29/2002 6:54:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I thought Liev played a better Clark than Defoe did.
View Quote
I thought Schreiber did a good job, but I like the idea that Clark is [b]not[/b] your run of the mill (ie the cliche) young military officer, but rather an older more weathered operator. Kinda like the contrast between Adam Baldwin and Roy Scheider in Cohen & Tate - young hitman vs old pro.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 7:33:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Well, first of all it would be the WORST movie ever made from a Clancy novel, due to hollywood's #1 commandment: 'Thou shalt not offend Liberals or impugn their Causes...' (something Clancy does alot), and the #2 commandment 'Every character in an action/drama movie must be under 40. If they are over 40, they must be a side character, or a bad guy'...

So:

1) The bad guys would not be ultra-left-wing enviro-whackos who want to kill the whole world and start over (like Hugo Drax from 007: Moonraker), they would be greedy corproate types playing god to make money (basically the biotech version of Enron)...

2) All of the characters ages would be changed to make them more eligable to be played by Broznan/DiCaprio/etc... Clark (who is in his upper 50's, married, and is Chavez's father-in-law would be in his late 30's, with a 'Rambo's boss' type attitude (lone wolf/etc). Chavez would be a '007 wannabe', complete with the token 'girlfriend-of-the-hour'...

3) All of the stuff about R6 being created by President Ryan (who, if we follow Afleck, is too young to be Prez yet anyway) because of his brush with IRA terrorists (Patriot Games) to fight international terrorisim at an above-the-law level would be skipped.

4) The 'terrorists' could not be communists or arabs (IIRC, in R6, they were mostly neo-communist groups, and they were re-activated by a former KGB agent who was working for the bad guys (without knowing why, of course)). They would have to be re-cast as neo-Nazis, drug dealers, and 'militia' goons, or maybe even members of the US government trying to get re-elected...

5) The bio weapon would be hidden in a cigarette vending machine, instead of a maintanance closet...

YEACK!!!!!!!!

As for race, Clancy doesn't mention it in 'Without Remorse' (aka 'The Clark Book')... I never gave it a thought... The only perminant character who's race is mentioned at-point (apart from Ryan being Irish/white) is Robby Jackson (Tomcat pilot (Admiral in the later series)) being black...
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 7:47:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
As for race, Clancy doesn't mention it in 'Without Remorse' (aka 'The Clark Book')... I never gave it a thought... The only perminant character who's race is mentioned at-point (apart from Ryan being Irish/white) is Robby Jackson (Tomcat pilot (Admiral in the later series)) being black...
View Quote
I can't remember if there a direct description of Clarks ethnic origin (other than his last name originally being Kelly), but the fact that he had spent some time under cover in the USSR would indicate that he most likely was caucasian. Sure the USSR and Cuba shared the same bed, but black people weren't that common in the USSR...
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 7:48:39 AM EDT
[#16]
When I first read Without Remorse I pictured Tom Berenger as Mr Clark, however I like the idea of Tom Seleck (sp?) as Mr Clark too.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 1:16:39 PM EDT
[#17]
What about Tom Byron?
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 1:25:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 3:17:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Just to clear up I stole this idea from another thread, I have no idea if there is a R6 movie in the works or not. But that being the case, yes Tom Berenger would be a good Mr. Clark, so could Tom Selleck if he could get away with not smiling or giggling for 5 minutes. Tom Byron though? hmmmm Lord of Asses meets Tom Clancy? I don't think so!
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 3:36:41 PM EDT
[#20]
A little off topic but I always thought Tom Berenger would make a great Mack Bolan.    
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 4:17:28 PM EDT
[#21]
if they make R6 and then decide later on to make "Without Remorse", the actor playing Clark would have to retro-age real well.  

i like that guy who played the crazy Navy SEAL in "Abyss" and another SEAL in "Navy SEALs" (with the Sheen kid) to play Clark, if Dafoe doesnt do it.

found it:  Michael Biehn
[img]http://www.duboseknows.com/Gateway/Biehn/Abyss03.jpg[/img]

[b]bit of trivia:  what is that thing he is wearing around his neck?[/b]
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 5:16:25 PM EDT
[#22]
what is it?
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 5:11:46 PM EDT
[#23]
parachutist pin.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top