Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2014 6:02:48 PM EDT

The film star wore the hat in six major Westerns: The Comancheros (1961), McLintock! (1963), The Sons of Katie Elder (1965), El Dorado (1966) and The Undefeated (1969). It is made in a camel-colored felt material, and has the actor's name written in two places underneath the brim.

http://www.upi.com/Entertainment_News/Movies/2014/04/24/Iconic-cowboy-hat-worn-by-John-Wayne-up-for-auction/7011398361163/?spt=hts&or=11

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:07:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Made by Baron Hats.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 7:23:03 PM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 7:32:13 PM EDT
[#3]
It's neat, but I couldn't see paying money for it. But I guess that's why I don't collect stuff from movies stars.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 7:36:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 7:40:16 PM EDT
[#5]
His hat size is the same as mine, (7 3/8).  I would wear that hat everywhere.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 7:40:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's neat, but I couldn't see paying money for it. But I guess that's why I don't collect stuff from movies stars.
View Quote

You could probably take toenail clippings from big movie stars, and there would be people that would pony up big $$$ to own them.

We live in a strange society in many ways.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 7:41:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
His hat size is the same as mine, (7 3/8).  I would wear that hat everywhere.
View Quote

Yes, but if YOU wore it, you would spoil the "Duke Crust" inside the hatband.

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 7:42:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Anything up for auction from decent actors?
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 7:47:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Very cool. I have more movies with the Duke, than anyone else. Only because James Bond was played by multiple actors.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 8:02:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

You could probably take toenail clippings from big movie stars, and there would be people that would pony up big $$$ to own them.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is because people are stupid.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 8:19:13 PM EDT
[#11]
When Winchester was making commemorative rifles they mad two different  John Wayne versions . One was built in fairly limited numbers and the other was made in more numbers than any of the commemorative . Both models command quite a bit more value than any of the Winchester collector models built in the same numbers.

Auctions can be unpredictable but I am thinking big numbers on this hat. Very much a Iconic item
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top