Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2002 9:34:42 PM EDT
I've been playing Ghost Recon for a couple weeks now and thought how cool it would be if a movie based on it was put into production.
Splinter Cell, another creation of Tom Clancy, would be another great choice for a movie

[b]ArmaLiter[/b]
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 9:57:01 PM EDT
[#1]
"The Thing" for the XBox and PlayStation would be good to. Team of SF is dispatched to a weather station in the Antarctic and everything goes to hell.
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 10:22:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, they did it for Resident Evil. (The game based on the movie based on the game is coming out.....)

Scott

Link Posted: 12/28/2002 10:29:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I think the appropriate movie may be based on Rainbow Six.  Awesome book!

Link Posted: 12/28/2002 10:34:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I would like to see one, but I also remember that unbroken rule -

Books > Movies
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 10:36:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 10:37:06 PM EDT
[#6]
There is/have been plans for a R6 movie, though I think is in "production hell" as it was put on a movie site. Problems with script, who to cast, which director etc.
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 10:46:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Personally, I'd love to see Red Storm Rising made into a motion picture.  At least four hours long and a budget of over $1 billon - anything less would not be acceptable.
View Quote

perhaps....but I don't really like those super high-budgeted movies... It would end up like Pearl Harbour. They would throw in a stupid, clichè love-story so they would have a better chance of gettin their money back. That way the girlfriends, wife etc can also go and see the movie.
I didn't see Pearl Harbour in the movies and I'm glad I didn't. I would have fallen asleep... The only good part was the attack itself. The rest felt like a super-long episode of Melrose Place (or similar garbage...ehh programs). Atleast at home you can fast-forward to skip the BS....

Link Posted: 12/28/2002 11:27:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Ghost Recon is truly a good game overall. I can't decide whether I like Ghost Recon or SOCOM better.

But I would like to see something along the lines of Rainbow Six come out. If they went all out on a movie like that, it would definitely be worth watching.

Forrest is Out.

My 100th post, but nobody gives a flaming fart but me.
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 11:46:31 PM EDT
[#9]
I have Ghost. Dont play it much. The graphics are pretty and the missions are well thought out but I like to "roll my own" and you cant beat OFP for that.

The graphics arnt quite as slick, but there is no "good-bad", you're either East, Resistance or West. I play a lot as China as they realy dont get represented much these days in the military-fiction genere. OFP also allows you to make your own cinematic intro and outros.

My favourit so far has been the SpecOps C-130 getting downed by a Strela team after making its drop. Wish I could record and put it up on here w/out needing the game to view it.

[b]Venerated[/b]

There are no less than three versions of that as a flick. The most memorable being an early 80s Kurt Russel version. Very good movies, and the oldest version is the one that "Aliens" was dreamed up from.

I second the vote for RSR, except make it into a trilogy, and stay exactly true to the book. RSR is perhapse the coolest novel I've ever read about modern warfare.

My seconds are Rainbow Six, Team Yankee and Bright Star.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 12:10:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Wasn't "The Sum of All Fears" a Clancy story? That was an excellent movie.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 12:23:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Yes [i]"The Sum of All Fears"[/i] was a Tom Clancy story of the Jack Ryan series.  In my opinion, the movie was absolute shit compared to the book. I also think the movie was a superbudget disgrace to the other Jack Ryan movies! Just my $0.02
I would love to see a movie based on the [b]Rainbow Six[/b] book. I also would like to see a movie based on the autobiography of Richard Marcinko, [u]Rogue Warior[/u].  Either way, I think these are both great stories and have the potential to be good movies.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 1:43:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
"The Thing" for the XBox and PlayStation would be good to. Team of SF is dispatched to a weather station in the Antarctic and everything goes to hell.
View Quote

"The Thing" has twice been done as a movie.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 6:56:08 AM EDT
[#13]

Red Storm Rising as a movie:  It'll never be done since we're sort of past that part of history and "What if?" stories usually don't get made.  

But...  If I was going to do a Red Storm Rising movie, I'd do it as either a mini-series or as a trilogy or something.  Oh yes... and I'd have it animated instead of live action.  Animation would be the only way to do RSR accurately and without a huge budget.  Have the Japanese do the animation on it since they're masters of animation when it comes to realism and attention to detail.  Keep it completely 2-D old-school animation...  We don't need any Pixar/CGI stuff for this.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 7:58:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I would like to see one, but I also remember that unbroken rule -

Books > Movies
View Quote

That "unbroken rule" has been broken many times.
Remember "Jaws?"
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 8:13:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Just got ghost recon for Christmas.  I can't wait to try it out.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 9:16:15 AM EDT
[#16]
My dumb ass picked up Ghost Recon Island Thunder. The 10 minutes that  Ilooked at it in the store I didn't see the birght red letters thst said "MISSION PACK: REQUIRES FULL VERSION OF GHOST RECON" Doh! Now I'm going to have to do what every red blooded American male would do...not waste the $20 I spent on the mission pack and buy the WHOLE DAMN THING!
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 7:17:19 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Personally, I'd love to see Red Storm Rising made into a motion picture.  At least four hours long and a budget of over $1 billon - anything less would not be acceptable.
View Quote

AMEN!!!! Best book by far of the series.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 10:59:01 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Personally, I'd love to see Red Storm Rising made into a motion picture.  quote]

perhaps....They would throw in a stupid, clichè love-story so they would have a better chance of gettin their money back....

View Quote

Yeah, they would probably have the USAF weatherman pick up and fall in love with an Icelandic Babe while he and the Marines are hiking around Iceland...[:)]

Seriously, I would love to see a [b]Red Storm Rising[/b] made into a movie. Although I see it more as a high end mini-series like [b]Band of Brothers[/b].
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top