Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/23/2002 5:36:08 PM EDT
What country today has the oldest government?
Not the oldest country. But any country that you feel has the oldest government.
2ND QUESTION, how long has that government been is existence?
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 5:38:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Easy question.  The United States of America.z

Link Posted: 12/23/2002 5:38:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Africa. Their system of government hasn't changed in millions of years.
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 5:43:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Switzerland?
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 5:46:55 PM EDT
[#4]
1 August 1291 (Founding of the Swiss Confederation)

Link Posted: 12/23/2002 5:54:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Rome,maybe,oldest profession(prostitution)second oldest surveying(defining boundaries so taxes could be leveed)!
Its really all about monies isn't it?

So those countries than had coinage were the first to find a way to enslave men to work,Mastercard or Visa will sure get your ass outa bed now!

Bob  [:D]
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 9:35:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Iceland's parlimement?
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 9:39:40 PM EDT
[#7]
China has the oldest continuous country and government - it's about 2000 years old.
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 9:42:23 PM EDT
[#8]
the moon
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 9:55:41 PM EDT
[#9]
I agree with [b]Pogo[/b]!

Iceland's [i][b]Althing[/b][/i], which is its governing body, has been in continuous existence since around 900 AD.

I remember a Sixty Minutes program that was done on Iceland many years back, that claimed that if Leif Erickson walked into a home anywhere in Iceland and began watching television, he would understand every non-technical word that was used, so little has the language changed over the past millennium!

The womenz are exquisite and represent the beauty pageant winners from 1,000 years of the rape of the womenz of Europe! Anytime Vikings overran a village they would rape and kill the ugly women but always bring the beautiful ones home as war trophies to marry!

Ah, but my mind wanders a bit nowadays....

Eric The(Homesick)Hun[>]:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top