Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/22/2002 2:22:56 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 2:28:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I see this every Christmas on this site. It really hits home. I wish all of our soldiers a Very Merry Christmas[img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/santa_2.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 2:45:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 3:06:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
If there isn't a tear in your eye after reading this I kindly suggest you find somewhere else to live.  Thank you to everyone standing post, wherever you are.  Happy Holidays!
View Quote

Ditto.
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 3:18:21 PM EDT
[#4]
hey, I remember posting this in the thread with piccolo's story.  I posted it there because they went together pretty well.

oh well, it's still a good story and worth the read every time.
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 3:39:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 3:46:32 PM EDT
[#6]
May the Lord God be with and protect our men and women in service throughout the world. May He lighten their load and watch their back. May He bring them all safely back. May He comfort the hearts of those who wait for them, as well. And may He send all our enemies straight to Hell! Amen.
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 3:46:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
hey, I remember posting this in the thread with piccolo's story.  I posted it there because they went together pretty well.

oh well, it's still a good story and worth the read every time.
View Quote

sorry i didnt see your post but i felt like posting it like i do every year.
besides this poem deserves its own post.
tattoo
[usa]
View Quote

very true.  that's why I said it was worth reading every time.  I should have put a smilie in my last post.  no biggie.

thanks for posting it.  
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 3:51:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Standing Post in Europe:

Thank You!
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 6:25:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 10:14:01 PM EDT
[#10]
tatoo;

Thanks for posting this.

As a vet who had missed many a Christmas and holidays due to work (no combat duty) it really hits home.

My most memorable Christmases:

My second Christmas in the service, I was very good friends with an NCO.  He was deployed for a 6mo TDY in an ugly part of the world.  Right after the holidays, he came back and wasn't the same.  He always get a call from me every year, from now on!

My last Christmas in the USAF, I was flying back to my base in HI from DC.  It was Christams day, I was a few hours from my parent's home but was stuck in an airport getting ready to head back to base on a long 13hr flight.  I went to one of the bars in the terminal to have a smoke and enjoy a beer.  An older gentleman sat down near me and asked for a light.  I shared my lighter and ordered a beer.  He asked if I was military and I answered yes.  He told me he was going to visit his sister and asked if I was going home which I replied that I was heading back to my base.  I also expressed that it was hard, as I have missed the last three Christmases and I miss my family quite a bit this time of year.

His stories made mine pale in comparison.  He spent 2 Christmases in the jungle and missed his buddies and his family during that time.  "You will make it home soon.  Spend every Christmas with who is important to you and celebrate like it will be your last one."  Gunny, whoever you are, I am glad to have spent Christmas with you and put it all in perspective for me.  Another Christmas with my mom, dad, brother and girlfriend - those who are important to me!

Merry Christmas to all!

Link Posted: 12/24/2002 10:48:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 11:06:00 AM EDT
[#12]
[usa]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top