Page / 2
Posted: 12/22/2002 5:07:49 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 5:09:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 5:10:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 5:28:45 AM EDT
[#3]
DAMN, this is not right, I have heard stories like this, but I heard another one like it, from a good friend, who got home Friday night, he told me the same things happened to him, and in public, everything from haveing his suitcases dumped out and his shirt removed and pants folded at the waist while some airport security ran there hands around his waist line, you know us heavy set guys are a real threat, they even ran a metel detector over his face and it went off, they told him to open his mouth or they would open it for him, he pulled out his bridge and said here you want to lick it. This happened in the OKC airport,Will Rogers, the airline was American Airlines,

Me I will not fly ever again, while it did not happen to me I can not and will not support a company or organization who treats American citizens like this.

My friend told me the whole time, there were people walking by not speaking english, Mexicans and the such, and they were all given the green light to go.

My friend is about 55 yrs old, white, and a little heavy, I told him thats the way it is now, Middle aged white guys are the prime suspects, while non english speaking dark skinned males can go about there business with a second look.

I told him to complain about, to the airlines, his congress man, and even President Bush, this has got to stop.
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 5:29:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 5:49:14 AM EDT
[#5]
That is truly sad.  For the people, by the people?

Borrow the $4000 and sue the crap out of them.  Find a nice blood thirsty lawyer that will work for 75% of whatever money you get and you may acutally get them to persue it with no out of pocket cost to you.  

But whatever you do, do NOT let this go.  Write letters, send e-mails.  Go to the TSA web-site and send e-mails to them via their own site.  Send it 50 times a day at:

[email protected]

Link Posted: 12/22/2002 5:58:08 AM EDT
[#6]
In the mean time if you must fly, get some Coppertone QT, a turban and a linen bathrobe and don't bathe for three days before your flight. This will get you the express security check thru.
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 6:00:31 AM EDT
[#7]
[:(][:O][:(!][V][:X*][:(][:O][:(!][V][:X*][:(][:O][:(!][V][:X*][:(][:O][:(!][V][:X*][:(][:O][:(!][V][:X*][:(][:O][:(!][V][:X*][:(][:O][:(!][V][:X*][:(][:O][:(!][V][:X*][:(][:O][:(!][V][:X*][:(][:O][:(!][V][:X*][:(][:O][:(!]
[V][:X*][:(][:O][:(!][V][:X*][:(][:O][:(!][V][:X*][:(][:O][:(!][V][:X*][:(][:O][:(!][V][:X*][:(][:O][:(!][V][:X*][:(][:O][:(!][V][:X*][:(][:O][:(!][V][:X*][:(][:O][:(!][V][:X*][:(][:O][:(!][V][:X*][:(][:O][:(!][V]
[:X*][:(][:O][:(!][V][:X*][:(][:O][:(!][V][:X*][:(][:O][:(!][V][:X*][:(][:O][:(!][V][:X*][:(][:O][:(!][V][:X*][:(][:O][:(!][V][:X*][:(][:O][:(!][V][:X*][:(][:O][:(!][V][:X*][:(][:O][:(!][V][:X*][:(][:O][:(!][V][:X*][:(][:O][:(!][V][:X*][:(]
[:O][:(!][V][:X*][:(][:O][:(!][V][:X*][:(][:O][:(!][V][:X*][:(][:O][:(!][V][:X*][:(][:O][:(!][V][:X*][:(][:O][:(!][V][:X*][:(][:O][:(!][V][:X*][:(][:O][:(!][V][:X*]
[:(][:O][:(!][V][:X*][:(][:O][:(!][V][:X*][:(][:O][:(!][V][:X*][:(][:O][:(!][V][:X*][:(][:O][:(!][V][:X*][:(][:O][:(!][V][:X*][:(][:O][:(!][V][:X*]

Quit screwing up my screen - 1GR
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 6:05:11 AM EDT
[#8]
I have SO many problems with this story. I only wish I had about $10K lying around to GIVE you so you could get several lawyers.

AAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGG [pissed]
It makes me not want to get married cuz if anybody touches MY wife like that while shes pregnant or not, I don't know what I'd do. Probably worse than you did.

God bless you sir. You, your wife and your child will be in my prayers.
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 6:12:44 AM EDT
[#9]
I've been on about twelve flights since 09/11. About one in three has some indignant loudmouth flapping his chops about being searched.

I wish the security guys would go straight to a standard cop pat down. That way, I would get to watch these peoples eyes bug out when their genitalia get that firm whack.

The only purpose the searches really serve is to weed out the drunk, self important, belligerent and moronic. (From what I've seen, they do it quite well)

BTW: Lew Rockwell is a real class act.
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 6:17:18 AM EDT
[#10]
[:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!]
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 6:25:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Due to the continuing appearance of stories like this, I refuse to fly again. Even before 9/11. The last time I flew out of our local airport was a joke and we have driven 2 hours to fly from the next largest airport. I now refuse to fly at all. if the entire industry shut down, tough shit!

Fred
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 6:35:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Nothing’s going to stop the inevitable. There’s no policy change that’s going to save us. There’s no election that’s going to put a halt to the onslaught of tyranny. It’s here already – this country has changed for the worse and will continue to change for the worse.
View Quote

Truer words were never spoken.
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 6:41:05 AM EDT
[#13]
And the airlines wonder why passenger load is way down!

Flying USED TO BE a great way to travel.  now it is just a hassle.  The TSA morons provide little in protection.  Only armed pilots and pissed off passengers stomping to death those trying to hijack can effect security.  People who cut toy guns off GI Joe dolls and refuse to allow CHOCLATE guns on aircraft need mental treatment.
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 6:48:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Umm, do we really know what happened here?

What we have is a letter written by one side, asking for donations, describing a set of events that are certain to inflame our all too ready belief against Jack Booted  Thugs.

But is it true?  I don't know this guy.  Is it all a set-up to sue the government?  Did he in fact act crazy as the screeners claim or did they in fact overstep their bounds?

I grew up in Missouri.  Show Me.

Link Posted: 12/22/2002 7:12:25 AM EDT
[#15]
This is why airport security has been federalized. Even if the guy had the $$, he can't sue without the sovereigns permission...
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 7:22:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

What we have is a letter written by one side, asking for donations, describing a set of events that are certain to inflame our all too ready belief against Jack Booted  Thugs.

But is it true?  I don't know this guy.  Is it all a set-up to sue the government?  Did he in fact act crazy as the screeners claim or did they in fact overstep their bounds?

View Quote

While we are showing things, why don't you show me where he asked for donations.  He didn't ask for any money.  The donate button on Lew Rockwell's site is for maintenance of the website.
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 7:30:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
And the airlines wonder why passenger load is way down!
View Quote

... Assholes, and they still want us to bail them out of their mess!

... Invariably, most every time I've boarded since 9/11 I've gone through the "Full Monty", didn't make a difference if I was smart casual or in suit & tie. So sad, them dumfux are still looking for pointy objects. Intelligent terrorists must be laughing their arses off at the whole friggin' mess.

Link Posted: 12/22/2002 7:45:41 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have heard several first hand stories similar to this from friends and family, all who now REFUSE to fly. I have been to the airstalag two times since 9/11 to pick up family and while waiting, I watched as little old ladies and people in wheelchairs are treated like criminals while "suspicious" looking individuals are passed right through.
Hey jimmybcool guy....sorry, but no donations were solicited and I'll take ANYONES word over the gubmints. I'm glad you will take the gubmints word, the gubmint likes loyal, docile subjects. I hope the next time you fly you get the "royal" treatment.
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 8:18:52 AM EDT
[#19]
this is why i fly Dodge.

"Passengers, Please note, this is a concealed handgun trip.  if you are not in possession of a concealed handgun please inform the driver and one will be issued to you before the trip begins."
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 8:48:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 9:58:14 AM EDT
[#21]
My sister has flown from North Dakota to Indy twice since 9/11 and had her two little blonde girls with her and she gets stopped every damn time.  Yeah, those skinny blondes from North Dakota are the ones we should be watching for...they have a history of being terrorists and psychopaths! Needless to say, I think she would rather drive the 27 hours with two kids than go through that crap again.

This whole situation is FUBAR...I would expect QS to do more than wave his arms and squint his eyes if some airport nazi attempted that shit on me (shoot, I would do more than that if they were searching him!)...yet another reason why I will be more than happy to extend my pitiful vacations and drive to wherever.  
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 10:14:49 AM EDT
[#22]
Man the 6pm & 11pm networks news is still spouting the BS that the security measures are not that bad. They are interviewing traveler after traveler, saying that isn't that bad. Those suckers still don't get the picture, the days of of "just because they didn't report it, it doesn't exist" mentality are over, the widespread use of the internet took care of that. And of blaming the slow down in the airline industry as a part of the overall economy in recession, and not mentioning hassles of security procedures are as a factor at all.
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 10:17:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Id like to thank you for taking the time to explain why I dont fly anymore.
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 10:46:58 AM EDT
[#24]
Here's a little story about your tax money at work -

We have a government employee from Maryland (on the bay) that comes to our office periodically; he refueses to fly, so he drives out for each meeting.  Not an efficient use of his time, or our money.
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 11:05:28 AM EDT
[#25]
Airport security, brought to you by the continuing and successful War on America.

Terrorize the average Americans while allowing terrorist to travel freely. Our freedoms are being taken away, our movements are being restricted, soon we'll not be able to travel freely within our own borders. The airlines will be bought by corporations owned by foreign governments. Flights will be tightly controlled and severely limited.

PS. I've superglued my tinfoil hat to my head as it kept slipping off. :)
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 11:28:06 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 11:52:46 AM EDT
[#27]
Squeeze my wife's funbags... [pissed]  those idiots have never seen a professionally rendered performance of the ballet 'Assault With Intent To Commit' before..just drunks and dumbasses.

That's why I won't fly.  That sort of treatment of my wife would merit a violent response from me, and rather than make that decision, I just stay the hell out of the airport.  Fuck the airlines, let 'em sink.  If they'd had real security (not this harassment) that was worth a shit, 9/11 would never have happened.

Link Posted: 12/22/2002 12:05:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Squeeze my wife's funbags... [pissed]  those idiots have never seen a professionally rendered performance of the ballet 'Assault With Intent To Commit' before..just drunks and dumbasses.

That's why I won't fly.  That sort of treatment of my wife would merit a violent response from me, and rather than make that decision, I just stay the hell out of the airport.  Fuck the airlines, let 'em sink.  If they'd had real security (not this harassment) that was worth a shit, 9/11 would never have happened.

View Quote

Awww...ain't he sweet?? [:I]
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 12:13:17 PM EDT
[#29]
I gotta fly overseas in few days.  This scares me.  I heard that the new bomb sniffing equipment goes off if you have cheese or chocolate in your checked laggage.  Even if it was false positive, Feds have the right to break open my suitcase to check the content.  
They are asking travelers to not to lock the checked luggage.  Is this media trying to shit my pants?  I packed chocolates in my suitcase.  I hope I will be okay.  Don't want to miss the flight because I'm getting interrogated by FBI or something.
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 1:35:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Yep...

very glad I only have 7 months left on my contract.  I can say what I want after that.
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 1:47:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 2:15:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
this is why i fly Dodge.

"Passengers, Please note, this is a concealed handgun trip.  if you are not in possession of a concealed handgun please inform the driver and one will be issued to you before the trip begins."
View Quote

[b]continued[/b]

308wood voice:  "If you are not familiar with the operation of the HK USP45 that was just given to you, Mrs. 308wood will now demonstrate the proper functioning of this weapon."

Mrs. 308wood voice:  The HK USP45 is one of the finest pistols in the world.  Please take your weapon out of the holster and I will begin the briefing....................Thank you for traveling with 308 Overland Express."
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 2:22:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
...Even if it was false positive, Feds have the right to break open my suitcase to check the content.  
They are asking travelers to not to lock the checked luggage....
View Quote

And just how does this reconcile with firearms being shipped (still legal, right?) in your checked baggage?

Anyone have a recent experience, or are they all sitting in a holding cell somewhere?
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 2:33:39 PM EDT
[#34]
No matter what the screeners do, they get away with it. there isn't ANY set recorse in the "regs" as how to file descrepencies against ANY screener.
There is nothing that can be done.  They are the new unbtouchables.
Even if a cop does soemthing wrong a citizen can do something about it, file a report talk to superiors, ect.  With the Fed Screeners, there is NOTHING!!  That is how they set it up and that is how they will keep it until somebody [b]comes back[/b] and blows one away out of complete festering anger from what happened to him, his wife, or child..  Remember they can do strip searches on your children and you can't stop it nor be there!!!

THIS CRAP HAS TO STOP IMMEDIATELY

I am VERY scared to fly these days, and its not from terrorists or crashing, its from the Screeners, people that aren't qualified to work at McDonalds, and in some cases aren't even legal citizens.
I have a metal plate on my leg that will probably set off the metal detectors, it sets off hand held "garrtets"

BISHOP
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 2:44:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Bishop,
Are you serious about the unsupervised strip searches of children?  A while back a friend told me this but I was unable to verify this.
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 2:51:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
...Even if it was false positive, Feds have the right to break open my suitcase to check the content.  
View Quote

And just how does this reconcile with firearms being shipped (still legal, right?) in your checked baggage?

Anyone have a recent experience, or are they all sitting in a holding cell somewhere?
View Quote

To my knowledge, in order to ship a firearm legally on a commercial airline, you have to declare it at the desk and get a tag to put on it. You may also have to show the desk person that it is not loaded. (Gee, just imagine whipping out your AR15 in front of a crowd of nervous sheep to show a clerk who doesn't know anything about guns that it isn't loaded) Reportedly, no note is made anywhere of the fact that you declared a gun, much less the type or serial number.

Of course, I'm sure that the untouchable federal agents checking your baggage would [i]never[/i] steal your gun out of it or trump up some nonsense charges against you...
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 2:56:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

that is a good question!
i can just see some guy breaking open my pelican rifle case (that is required to be locked) just because he knows it has a gun in it and finding my m4gery and about 12 loaded mags.  oh boy, what fun we will have.  and i bet that stupid red tag that says the gun was unloaded won't help me.        
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 3:11:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 3:18:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

While we are showing things, why don't you show me where he asked for donations.  He didn't ask for any money.  The donate button on Lew Rockwell's site is for maintenance of the website.
View Quote

Ahh.  I followed the donate button.. My bad.   I still stand by the rest of it.  We  do not know the real story.

Link Posted: 12/22/2002 3:21:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Hey jimmybcool guy....sorry, but no donations were solicited and I'll take ANYONES word over the gubmints. I'm glad you will take the gubmints word, the gubmint likes loyal, docile subjects. I hope the next time you fly you get the "royal" treatment.
View Quote

Turns out the donations were f or the websight.  My error. As to the rest,  I made a valid point  about us seeing one  side of the story.  You weren't there.  

Sounds like you love any story that meets your preconcieved notions.  All movements LOVE loyal docile members they can motivate with an unsubstantiated story.  
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 3:48:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
(Gee, just imagine whipping out your AR15 in front of a crowd of nervous sheep to show a clerk who doesn't know anything about guns that it isn't loaded)
View Quote

No, Mace I'd rather not even imagine that. [:D]
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 5:08:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 8:04:37 PM EDT
[#43]
The Breast milk thing went from her having to drink 2 bottles (Which I believe) to just tasting some.

I heard that she wasn't even able to prove that the milk was real on her own child.

THESE PEOPLE HAVE TO BE STOPPED!!!!

Kill as many as you can as they leave thye facility

BISHOP
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 8:13:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I have heard very similat stories from plenty of other people who I know DID NOT make it up. There are more reasons to believe it, than not. How about the woman who was made to drink her own breast milk. That was all over the national news.
View Quote

Hawkeye,

I'm not sure where the aggresive behavior is coming from.  I have  not stated the story isn't true.  I have said we are only hearing one side of it.  This guy could have been a total idiot at the security checkpoint.  We just don't know.

As to the woman and breast milk - exactly.  It was all over the national news.  Seems to me if this woman had to lift her  dress in public that too would hit the national news.

I smell internet legend.  Before I start hanging security screeners (even verbally on the  internet) I need some evidence to support the story.  As of now, I got one guys word for it.

Link Posted: 12/22/2002 8:37:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Hmmm.. That is some bad luck...

I flew on Sept 11th this year and security was just about the same as it always has been.

I don't really mind if they want to search me, it's not a surprise - jusr something you should expect.
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 8:47:52 PM EDT
[#46]
May be a stupid question, but doesn't the FBI investigate crimes occuring on federal property?--maybe a few of the Airport Screeners need to be charged with sexual assault in cases like this.  The FBI would then sieze the video tapes and it would (hopefully) go from there.  

Link Posted: 12/22/2002 8:50:30 PM EDT
[#47]
If this incident really did happen, which I pray it did not, then this proves one obvious fact.  Terrorism has accomplished a major goal.  Incidents like the ones described on this forum are iron clad confirmation that the liberal hysterics of our Nations's authoritative positions have gone belly up to the terrorists wishes.  They have allowed the terrorists to invade even the most private aspects of our lives.[pissed]  By not submitting yourself to this type of abuse you are, in my opinion, combating terrrorism.[beer] It is also of my opinion even though some here may disagree, that by not supporting the airline companies who  employ these types of invasive tactics with your time, money, and patience, you are combating terrorism.[beer]  I am not saying that the air travel industry should be boycotted altogether.  This would definitely be a mistake as well as another victory for the terrorists.  What I am saying is that we should always be selective in who we support not only with our efforts, but with our monetary resources as well.

[b][red]HAPPY[/red] [green]HOLIDAYS![/green][/b]
[:D]

EDITED FOR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 3:38:36 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 7:01:04 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
My apologies. I did not mean any aggressive intent. I was just trying to make the point that lots of this is happening, but very little makes the national news. Only the most outlandish do. Raising your shirt isnt that big of a deal (except to an obviously pregnant woman). Touching her breast could easily be played off as "I just bumbed it while patting her down", or something like that, by the screeners. Again, no malice here [:)], I have just heard too many like this to just discount it.
View Quote

Hawk,

No problem.  You aren't out of line.  Some others seem to be taking it personally that I am still sceptical of this story.

I DO agree that this type of behavior can not be tolerated.  The screeners have a job.  They have been tasked to prevent passengers from entering the secure areas with certain objects that the powers that be think are weapons.

Their powers in this regard should not be godlike.  Reasonable steps should be allowed to verify that a pregnant woman is in fact pregnant and not smuggling something (WTF?) onto the plane.

But the dignity and privacy of the passengers is also a factor.  We did NOT sign on to body cavity searches and dental work removal just to board a jet.  There has to be a line.

So far as I am concerned, the system of walk through the portal, get waved by a wand  if you beep, some percentage take off their shoes, etc. is a small price to pay.  I don't really think it makes us much safer but I travel a lot and have yet to be inconvinienced by it.  Oh, warning, do NOT be first to board a jet.  That guy always has his carry-on inspected.[;)]

If the story is true and if it were me, the lawsuit would go through.  I would find a way to get the $4K, or find a lawyer that would start the ball on contingency.

The fact that no suit has been filed leads me to suspect his story.  It is his word against theirs.  But before I start believing in conspiracies I  need a motive.  Basically, I suspect this guy.  I think he said something sarcastic or stupid to start the whole ball rolling.  Then he embellished the story a bit.  He is after all a writer for Hollyweird.  What do you think the guy does for a living?  

Link Posted: 12/23/2002 10:59:14 AM EDT
[#50]
Free Republic has deleted this thread. Guess even they thought something was fishy about it.
[url]www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/811311/posts[/url]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top