Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/11/2002 10:32:26 AM EDT
One of my longtime "bowling, shooting, drinking, coming over to the house to hang, split wood, look at my bride's fine ass....etc, etc" buddies is having a hard time.  His dad has been self employed as a painting contractor for almost 40 years, and his oldest son Jeremy naturally got into the family business.  Small town, small business..... Excellent work, good price.

Two years ago, Jeremy's dad Gary, hurt himself at work.  They now pay nearly $1600 a month just for health insurance for the family, due his daddy's injury. It was a legitimite injury.  No bullshit.  Fell off of a ladder from nearly 20 feet.  But Gary is still painting, when he can.  

He can't paint from his Hospital room.

Gary is in the hospital with kidney failure as I type.

Since his father's initial injury, my friend  Jeremy has become "The man of the house". Jeremy is 24 years old.  I am nearly 36.  This either means that I am either immature beyond belief, or that Jeremy Johnson is wise beyond his years.  He has sold a 98 Cobra Mustang and almost all of his guns, to keep the family afloat, the boy has no toys.  I have bought some of his firearms, at FAIR prices, and gave a buy back option at the selling price.  

At the age of 22, Jeremy took over the "family business", because of his father's injury.  His father has not been able to work much since his fall. Somebody has to make the house payment.  Somebody has to pay for insurance.

I have never seen a man of this age work so hard to support his family.

Night before last, Jeremy's younger brother Jared, went out to the garage to fuel up the Kerosun.  Something went wrong.

Jared is  3rd Degree burned, face, torso, arms, back, hands, ankles.  The Garage is leveled. Jared's truck, which was parked outside the garage will be in the junkyard. All of the painting supplies were in the garage, naturally.  They have no tools to make a living with.  

While at work tonight, I visited with Jared.  His nurse told me that he will be ok, with time....  From his looks, it will be a long time.  At least he recognized me, and was able to give me a little hell... Thank God for that.  Little Victories.

Now, I have a true friend whose father is in the hospital, whose brother is in a different hospital (where I work), and is too busy fretting over them to go work.  Not a dime a day coming in...

I split my "mad money" between him and another family who has suffered a great loss this week.  

Sunday, a habitually drunk driver with no driver's license hit a minivan stopped at an intersection. The family was returning home from Church.

The drunk was traveling at an estimated 70 mph in a 50 zone.  He went off the road, and by NCSHP Reconstruction was doing 60 when he T boned a family that was stopped at an intersection looking to make a left turn. A Davidson County Officer was in the Church parking lot doing paperwork at the intersection.  He spotted the drunk speeding, had pulled it into Drive to stop him.

Too fucking late.  About the time the Officer pulled it into gear, one of my best friend's daughter's best friends was killed on scene.  She was 9 years old.  

The passenger in the drunk's car was killed, also.

No big loss there....  he chose to be there.

I took my (hunting, fishing, shooting, drinking) buddy down to the ER to see his lifelong friend(the father), his wife, and their son.  I knew that the drunk fuck that killed their daughter was laying 3 rooms down.

Bad part was that I was the only one of all the above mentioned parties that knew that 9 year old Taylor was in Heaven.  I had to tell my buddy that his daughter's best friend (since birth) was dead.  Call me a great big pussy for crying over a little girl I met twice..

While my friend was speaking to the only lucent member of the family (the son), I was strolling by the bed of the worthless fuck who stole their baby girl from them.  Imagine me carrying on with 2 NCSHP Troopers who were guarding "the patient", all the while thinking "KILL HIM!!!!!"  

I must be a bad person.  I thought of going out to the truck, loading up, and making the trial, sentencing, and execution of this filth quick and simple.

Thanks to Evil_Ed (I owed him a "Thank You") for reminding me later that very day that "there will be a special place in Hell for this guy". (Evil_Ed's wondeful words) After he is beaten and gang raped (My words).  

I hear they love baby killers in the big house...

Please pray for my friends.

After rereading this post, maybe I could use a little divine guidance, myself...

Happy Fucking Holidays!
[/babbling rant off]

sorry....

Tim

edited to separate my thoughts from  E_E's words in his IM to me.
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 10:42:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 10:48:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Consider it done!
Prayers are on the way.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 10:48:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Tim, I don't even know where to start.  All I can say is I am very sorry to hear the news.  I'll include you and all of your friends in my prayers today.  Just hang in there.   Even though we can not understand why these terrible things have happened, it will all be worked out by God's divine hand.  Keep the faith!
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 10:50:51 AM EDT
[#4]
I've known families that have had things just this bad happen to them over and over again. Its beyond the realm of my comperhension why it happens. Prayers sent for you and all of your friends. Hang in there.
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 10:55:53 AM EDT
[#5]
After verification of these facts, I would think that the families mentioned here would be a good use of the BIA funds. It would deplete the fund and be a good use for it. If nothing else it could help replace the means for the painters to get back to work & earn a living.  Future needs can be met like this board has done for UHLEC or another fund could be established.
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 10:56:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Everyone involved has my prayers and deepest sympathies.
--BE
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 11:00:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Man, now I'm tearing up here at the office.  I have just said a prayer for all those involved and will add them to my prayer list.

May the Lord be with you and yours during this most painful period.
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 11:08:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
After verification of these facts, I would think that the families mentioned here would be a good use of the BIA funds. It would deplete the fund and be a good use for it. If nothing else it could help replace the means for the painters to get back to work & earn a living.  Future needs can be met like this board has done for UHLEC or another fund could be established.
View Quote

Thanks....

These are 2 different families, thank God.  None of the members of these families mentioned are members of this site, AFAIK.

I thought the BIA was for site members only.

I did buy a bushmaster from Jeremy.  He checked out this site from time to time when he was here, but had no computer, due to financial responsibilities.

If any of you doubt my claims, email me.  I can provide phone#s to the info desks at the respective hospitals.

But all I am asking for now is a little spiritual help.  

Thanks,
Tim
edited to tell you to IM me for details, if you realy need 'em...
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 12:04:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Prayers sent to both families
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 12:58:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Prayers sent sir!
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 1:09:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

If any of you doubt my claims, email me.  I can provide phone#s to the info desks at the respective hospitals.

But all I am asking for now is a little spiritual help.  

Thanks,
Tim
edited to tell you to IM me for details, if you realy need 'em...
View Quote

I don't doubt you in the least. I did forward this thread to someone that can start the ball rolling. I have nothing to do with that fund, just recognize a good cause.
Scott
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 1:30:10 PM EDT
[#12]
God I hate drunk drivers. rest assured. hell will very greedily invite this f%cker. [devil] [}:D]  

after he is ass raped enough to make his hole as big as a highway tunnel. [dracula]
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 2:17:27 PM EDT
[#13]
prayers said
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 3:23:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 4:34:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 7:07:18 PM EDT
[#16]
[>(] Prayers sent....

SRM
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 8:19:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Prayers sent [:(][:(]

ColtShorty©

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 8:51:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Bad part was that I was the only one of all the above mentioned parties that knew that 9 year old Taylor was in Heaven.
View Quote

That part really hit home. That's my daughter's name.
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 9:05:32 PM EDT
[#19]
You sound like a very good man for all you have done for your friends, and in the future this act will be repaid I am sure, although I know that is not the reason you do it, and rightly so.  My hat off to you.

As for the drunk and talking to the troopers, I can similarly relate.  My uncle is an officer and a few years ago was posted as guard outside the room of a driver who had killed a cop.  My uncle spoke of how hard it was not to go in there and pull the plug.  So I'm sure those Troopers you talked to knew how you felt and were probably feeling the same way.  You're right though, he'll get what he deserves.
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 9:25:40 PM EDT
[#20]
The general sheeple & sucker(soccer) moms are scarced $hitless from being shot from a so-called "ass-ault weapons." But I'll tell ya, in my opinion, I think the chances of being hit & injured or killed by a drunk or someone under the influence is many times greater than by attacked by an "ass-ault weapon." I trully fear the DUI/DWI driver and I'm always on the look out for those folks, and I instruct my children when they drive to stay well-behind those people if they encounter them on the road.

I wish friends a speedy recovery.
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 9:42:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Prayers sent my man.
Please email me with anything that I can do for you or the families involved.  

Makes me thank God even more for the blessings in my life....

Jeff
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 10:00:10 PM EDT
[#22]
All I can say is, wow.  Prayer sent.  
Email or IM me anytime.
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 10:13:13 PM EDT
[#23]
[[b]threefiftynone:[/b] I have never met you sir, but I do not doubt you one bit. My prayers have been sent to Him and to the victims and their families.  I am so sorry.  The Lord works in mysterious ways.  Be strong, keep the faith, and let God's Angels guide us all down the path of Life.  Again, I am terribly sorry.
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 8:06:49 AM EDT
[#24]
Thanks to all.  I have made a run to FL, to be with my parents for the weekend.

Juan, I will contact you after I get home, and get back up to speed on both situations.
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 8:54:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Be careful and let us know.

GOD Bless!

BigDOZER66
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 9:55:46 AM EDT
[#26]
Thanks for the prayers....

More needed.

Thanks for giving a damn...
Tim
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 11:08:58 AM EDT
[#27]
Prayers sent

[:(]
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 3:33:04 PM EDT
[#28]
SORRY TO HEAR TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY. WE SEND OUR DEEPEST SYMPATHY AND WILL KEEP YOU ALL IN OUR HEARTS AND PRAYERS.
Link Posted: 12/20/2002 4:01:12 PM EDT
[#29]
threefiftynone, That is really sad to read. I will send up prayers for all of your friends mentioned in your post...And also for you, for being a stand up guy, a true friend to those in need of your help.
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 7:18:38 PM EDT
[#30]
For some reason, I keep coming back to read my own post again.  And again.....

I am not really a religious man, but I do recognize those who need your (insert your preference here).

Please keep the Bailey and Johnson families in your prayers.

I will.

Thank You,
Tim

Link Posted: 12/27/2002 8:00:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 8:10:58 PM EDT
[#32]
God bless, prayers sent! Just remember, God governs in the affairs of men and nations.[>(]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top