Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/10/2002 8:10:44 PM EDT
Need to know whats a GOOD-DAMN GOOD portable phone.. recently had a panasonic and it crapped out after about 7 months.. then some motorola's and they just dont fucking work worth a shit..  anyone gimme some suggestions?

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 8:26:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 8:29:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 9:22:37 PM EDT
[#3]
My buddy who works for the phone company says Uniden's are the best ones going.
Ironically, the people he works for stamp their name on phones and he says they are shit (it's one of the Bell's.)

I've always had good luck with Sony.
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 9:39:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I've had great luck with Sony and Uniden. The others I have tried didn't hold up. They have since been executed.
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 9:40:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Cool thanks.. i'll check these out in the morning..
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 9:55:04 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm interested to know what brand has the loudest volume. Some were so faint, I can't hear a thing.
I have a three yr old Panasonic which actually is pretty good however it's not digital so anyone with a scanner can hear your conversations.
Don't forget if you're on a wireless network, the 2.4 gig may cause interference. Don't know if it's true.
What about Sieman's? they look nice and some actually use three AA rechargeables as opposed to a battery pack.
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 10:39:23 PM EDT
[#7]
I had Sony (refurb) cordless phone that crapped out after 1 year.  I also had a Panasonic non portable phone which crapped out after 5 years or so.  Now I have Vtech 2.4GHz Gigaphone.  So far so good, but picks up noise from my PC.  So if I'm near my PC, conversation is interrupted by static noise.
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 6:17:20 AM EDT
[#8]
People say the Siemens phones are the best, but I have had decent luck with a Panasonic.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 6:34:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
What about Sieman's?
View Quote

[img]http://boards.rennlist.com/upload/1939_ssw_logo_2.jpg[/img]

Link Posted: 12/11/2002 7:10:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'm interested to know what brand has the loudest volume. Some were so faint, I can't hear a thing.
I have a three yr old Panasonic which actually is pretty good however it's not digital so anyone with a scanner can hear your conversations.
Don't forget if you're on a wireless network, the 2.4 gig may cause interference. Don't know if it's true.
What about Sieman's? they look nice and some actually use three AA rechargeables as opposed to a battery pack.
View Quote

I have a siemans. It has a built in speaker phone, (portable). Have base station in house, then another charger/phone in garage/shop 150 feet away, (no phone line to garage). Love the phone, keep the batteries charged up, when talking they deplete relativly quickly.
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 8:31:25 PM EDT
[#11]
We had that new siemens multi/base station deal and it completely sucked balls.. It would hold a charge for about an hour after about a months worth of use.. we boxed em up and threw em in the garbage.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top