Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/10/2002 3:05:40 PM EDT
I just bought some (knock off, no EGA) Marpat.  I am not trying to pretend to be a Marine. My brother is a Marine and I didn't earn the EGA.  I want the best currently available camo.  Anyone know who is manufacturing these (I can't find MFG mfg markings on mine.) All they are making for civilians is in regular length only. As I am over 6'2" this is somewhat of a problem.   If anyone has information please IM or email me.  Thanks,
TS [X]
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 3:15:31 PM EDT
[#1]
[b]IBTL![/b]

(Just kidding, what's Marpat?)

-kill-9
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 3:33:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 3:34:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Here we go again!
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 3:39:47 PM EDT
[#4]
woohoo !! you guys better watch it or the recon BDU JBT terminator squad will hunt you down !!!
Thats what they do......thats all they do !!!
They will never sleep, never eat...and they will never ever quit untill you give back the BDU's or you are dead.
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 3:39:53 PM EDT
[#5]
[STLRN] Even pretending to be a Marine will get your ass kicked by us real Marines - Pretend Marpat = pretend Marine and we don't like that one bit[STLRN off]

(Psst. I'm a Marine STLRN)
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 3:45:20 PM EDT
[#6]
How do you know that the EGA isn't there. It's camouflage isn't it? It might be there and you just can't see it. In any case, you should have your ass kicked because you might be wearing the holy Marine symbol. Why do you want to play soldier? Why don't you just join the Marines? You don't rate to wear dirt that fell off a Marine. You should be ashamed of yourself. So ashamed that you should go ahead and chop your own head off in order to end the disgrace to your family name.

Can anybody else think of something that I fogot? [;)]

forgot to add IBTS (in before the STLRN)
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 3:51:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 3:52:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 7:33:15 PM EDT
[#9]
That STLRN dude has major rectal blockage...I wonder if he hates working supply all day? If he'd loosen up, he could probably help us out [BD]

He'd probably defend pink and black polka dot bdu's...sheeeesh.

Maybe he can get us some mre's real cheap? [>Q]

Oh, yeah....In before.
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 7:46:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Here we go again!

[b]STAND BY, TO STAND BY[/B]
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 7:50:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
woohoo !! you guys better watch it or the recon BDU JBT terminator squad will hunt you down !!!
Thats what they do......thats all they do !!!
They will never sleep, never eat...and they will never ever quit untill you give back the BDU's or you are dead.
View Quote

Do you think that they go to SEARCH and type in MARPAT whenever they log on?
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 9:42:02 AM EDT
[#12]
BTT - just to watch the sparks fly!!!

WOO HOO, Marpats for everyone!
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 10:03:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 10:15:44 AM EDT
[#14]
I hate those little short BDU's for the under 6'5" people![pissed]

If it were not for wearing boots they would be flooding at least 6"![;)]

Do they manufacture those in "Men's Sizes"?
It is hard to find them for 6'7" 235 lbs. guy's!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 10:18:59 AM EDT
[#15]
BTW What does STLRN stand for?

Excuse my ignorance but I DOn't want to miss anything![:D]

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 10:56:48 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm headed back to Cherry Point soon. I'll see how many they will sell me  [;)]

Aviator
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 12:37:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
To answer the original question, my MARPAT woodland cammies say Propper, my desert MARPAT say EA Indutries on the label. The only knock offs I've seen came from Japan, and I don't know of any officialy documented 6'2" Japanese.[:)]

Just go to ebay.com and buy a set. EGA and all, Marines are selling out fellow marines by profiting on the MCCUUs rush. A set will cost you $60 plus $5.61 for a cover, $9.91 for a boonie and $95(insulated) or $69(jungle) for the rough side out boots. They're even selling the deserts too. But some marine or their dependent is making a tidy profit hawking the new utes on ebay while their fellow marines can't even get a set. And these sellers are making multiple trips to the MCX annex, buying many sets and selling all of them, over and over again on ebay. Just look at the seller histories and see for yourself. Right before I left Lejeune a week ago I watched a marine go to the register with 5 Large size desert boonies. The cashier never even batted an eye. They used to check ID and restrict it to one per customer, now they're just stupid about it.

I wrote a letter to the editor of the Marine Corps times about it because it's ludicrous. Not to mention the security risk, there's enough sellers on ebay to outfit a whole terrorist cell with the new utes. Granted, they could wear the old style to, but a new set of utes may lend a few seconds of credibility at the gate needed to pass, get them that much closer to a guard and buy them some time before someone realizes what's up.

I hope they print it.

Sherm  
View Quote

This is nothing new, soldiers will screw each other all the time.  When the 101st was fighting at Bastogne, none of those guys had winter boots, they all had the regular leather boots.  They would sit in a foxhole and during the day the snow would melt and accumalate in a puddle at the bottom, soaking their feet.  During the night, the water would refreeze again.  The Army rushed new winter boots to the front, but to get there the boots (and other vital winter clothing) had to pass thru the rear before getting to the front and all the REMF supply sergeants, officers, headquarters, etc. got first dibbs so when the supplies got to the front there was no winter boots to be had. So while the guys who were fighting were literally losing more people to trenchfoot all the supply sergeants and people who didn't need it kept warm.  
Point is, don't be surprised that Marines are screwing their fellow Marines.  
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 1:38:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 1:49:15 PM EDT
[#19]
^
|
I was thinking the same, only from Seattle.
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 2:47:58 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm going to Pendleton on the 29th so give me your orders guys... I'll only take a 33% markup... No boot orders, cammies only - you can get one boonie and one utility cover...
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 1:37:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Why don't you just get on Ebay and pay double the price for them. AND help the seller (Marine) out that is trying to make a little extra money for the Holiday's.
FYI, STLRN just got back from Okinawa (UDP). I think he will be around soon.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 2:50:19 PM EDT
[#22]
IBTL
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top