Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2014 2:56:12 PM EDT
So I'm on deployment, wife at home and there have been a rather large number of break-in/robberies in our neighborhood back home. Came home on leave and the first night someone tried to come into our apartment. Completely honest mistake, just a case of wrong apt. They lived one floor up and had just moved in. After that, wife decides that she needed a handgun. Went shopping, and got her a XDS in 9mm, 3.3 in bbl. She loves it and is a hell of a shot with it. When I come home for good, has decided that she wants to be able to carry outside the home. This from the woman that was initially afraid when I brought home the AR. Hated the damn thing, real anti. Now, embraces the love of all things that go bang at things that go bump in the night.

TL;DR Anti gun wife has first handgun, wants to CCW outside the home.

Obligatory wife pic

Not the dog you assholes....because I know its coming...turds
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 2:58:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Wish my wife get her CCW, but she thinks she can just shoot them in the leg.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 3:31:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Have her talk to me wife. I have told this story before, but it has been awhile…….

My wife has had her permit since TN first starting offering them. She had the highest score in the class for shooting, using a 1911 45. BUT she always only carried when she felt the need to. If she was going somewhere she felt safe she would not carry it.

She is certified by 2 different national Aerobics groups and teaches twice a week at our church. She felt safe there so she never carried. Her class is mixed gender. A guy came in the class and told the other instructor that he was checking out the class for his wife. In a couple minutes, my wife hears the other instructor scream, “Joan, get your gun”… The guy was grabbing up purses. When he heard that he threw them down and cut out running.

Main problem was…. She did not have her gun with her. She called 911 and was on hold for 14 minutes listening to a recording say…”Don’t hang up as it will only delay our response time”… 31 minutes later the Police show up, and take a report.

The next day the newspaper ran an article on it. Title was “Annie get your gun even if it is a pretend one!” NRA Radio interviewed her. They asked what her 1st thought was.. She replied “Of all the times NOT to have my Pistol…, and my SECOND thought was….my husband is going to kill me…”.

I told her that it was a cheap lesson, as no one got hurt, and nothing worse happened. She now will not leave the house without hers, or at least ask me if I have mine.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 3:34:48 PM EDT
[#3]
finally an OP that followed the god damn mother fucking rules

thank you sir..

disclaimer - didn't read the CCW shit..   hope it turns out for the best
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 3:35:28 PM EDT
[#4]
... interesting, my gf is an anti gun Liberal too. But she recently asked for CCW training for the LCR I got her for valentines day last year
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 3:50:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
... interesting, my gf is an anti gun Liberal too. But she recently asked for CCW training for the LCR I got her for valentines day last year
View Quote

Spousal Unit picked out her first pew pew. *sniffle* they grow up so fast
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 3:56:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
finally an OP that followed the god damn mother fucking rules

thank you sir..

disclaimer - didn't read the CCW shit..   hope it turns out for the best
View Quote

No shit, after quite the stream of offenders...
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:04:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Congrats on raising the missus right, OP.  

Mine just got her renewal last week.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:09:47 PM EDT
[#8]
congrats on the convert

she's freaking cute!
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:09:49 PM EDT
[#9]
OP delivered...............He knows the rules
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:13:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Married WAY above my station. Her loss

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:16:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Cute gal. Get her to carry the gun when the CC comes and you'll be good to go.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:23:25 PM EDT
[#12]
My bf is getting his soon, but he is already a fervent supporter of the 2A and as soon as he graduates college in about a year, he is gonna get a CZ 75B that will be his carry gun.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:32:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
My bf is getting his soon, but he is already a fervent supporter of the 2A and as soon as he graduates college in about a year, he is gonna get a CZ 75B that will be his carry gun.
View Quote

Wimminz on teh interwebz!!!
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:34:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Cute wife OP.

Do you always bring your dag along too when you are buying a new Cadillac?
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:47:48 PM EDT
[#15]
They let horses in car dealerships now?  Seems that would be a conflict...

And the wife is a hottie!
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:49:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am pretty sure bigpony is a dude.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:54:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah, nope

And married above your station? Nah, you're very handsome.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:55:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gays with guns.

Although I am concerned with his Bronyness.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 6:30:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Ah, nope

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wimminz Bronies on teh interwebz!!!

Ah, nope

All fixt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top