Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2014 2:52:59 PM EDT
Generation Kill

I've watched this like ten times.  I thought I had seen all the episodes, I have no idea how I missed this one.  

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 3:00:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Generation Kill

I've watched this like ten times.  I thought I had seen all the episodes, I have no idea how I missed this one.  

http://youtu.be/sOgjBgQmK_0
View Quote

Just watched the whole series with in-laws a few days ago. They loved it.

My wife and I run through the whole series every couple months. Absolutely great entertainment. I would love to have a beer or ten with Ray Person. Seems like a hoot to hang out with.

ETA: "po-leese that moostache!"
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 3:06:55 PM EDT
[#2]
The sand was very evil. Eta : that was my favorite scene in the series.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 3:10:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 3:15:59 PM EDT
[#4]
screwbie

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 3:20:05 PM EDT
[#5]
I thought that series made the Marines look like total wusses.  I hated that series.  I was Army but still thought it made the U.S. military look terrible.

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 3:22:38 PM EDT
[#6]
I lost it when I seen the guy goose stepping behind sgt mj when he was drilling the guy for his moostash
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 3:23:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I thought that series made the Marines look like total wusses.  I hated that series.  I was Army but still thought it made the U.S. military look terrible.

View Quote

I wasn't at the tippity tip of the spear, but did participate in the invasion.  The series does a good job of capturing a lot of the cowboy antics and fuck fuck games that went on during that time.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 3:25:32 PM EDT
[#8]
IIRC the guy sitting in the humvee is the real Josh Person (hyper guy driving the humvee with the reporter) but they didn't want him to play himself because he was too fuggly to be a main character.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 3:31:36 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I lost it when I seen the guy goose stepping behind sgt mj when he was drilling the guy for his moostash
View Quote
Hitler stash

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 3:33:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's right. The Left runs Hollywierd, and that series was Rolling Stone laughing at us.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 3:39:52 PM EDT
[#11]

My favorite scene out of the series., well one of them anyways.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 3:41:11 PM EDT
[#12]
I see this show brought up every now and again here.  I've not watched it.

Worth it?
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 3:56:28 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Worth it?
View Quote
Yeah. It's a great series. I've got the series on DVD if you wanna borrow it.

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:07:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Worth it?
View Quote

Yes deffinately worth it. Watched it many times and will watch it many more.

This thread looks pretty liberated.

Vote Republican!
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:10:32 PM EDT
[#15]
is it on netflix or hulu?
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:13:19 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

View Quote

Walmart has it on BluRay for $33
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:28:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

That's right. The Left runs Hollywierd, and that series was Rolling Stone laughing at us.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is how I took most of it.  The screwing around was pretty much normal but they all seemed like they were from some liberal paradise always reporting on someone for being mean to the enemy.  Pure liberal B.S. that ruined the rest.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:32:35 PM EDT
[#18]
If you want to be pissed at how the military is currently portrayed, check out a stupid comedy called Enlisted.  I won't watch it again.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:33:44 PM EDT
[#19]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Walmart has it on BluRay for $33
Thanks, I just found it on HBO GO.

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:38:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Generation Kill

http://youtu.be/sOgjBgQmK_0
View Quote

Lol. That's one of my favorite scenes. Thanks for the laugh I needed it.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:55:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I wasn't at the tippity tip of the spear, but did participate in the invasion.  The series does a good job of capturing a lot of the cowboy antics and fuck fuck games that went on during that time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I particularly liked the game of avoiding the reservists. Pretty funny.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 5:05:34 PM EDT
[#22]
I read on here sometime ago about how some of the characters and officers were portrayed vs how they really are.  Don't remember any details... Anyone remember this?
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 5:30:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I read on here sometime ago about how some of the characters and officers were portrayed vs how they really are.  Don't remember any details... Anyone remember this?
View Quote

From what I remember/have read, there was a bit of a dust up over how Cpt. Schweche (sp?) and Gunnery Sgt. Griega (sp?) were portrayed as complete buffoons. If you do some googling, you can find some back and forth between them and the author of the book on a blog. I don't know what really happened, I'm not nor ever have been in the military...however...if the captain was anywhere even remotely close to how he was portrayed, he should have never graduated high school, let alone been in command of Marines.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 6:06:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

CPT Nathaniel Fick (then 1LT Fick) was cast as young and inexperienced, when, I believe, the opposite is true.  His book "One Bullet Away" describes his early OCS days as well as his tours in Afghanistan and Iraq.  To me, it was well written and had some really good leadership insights.    
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 8:46:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Worth it?
View Quote

It captures the feel of the enlisted experience.

But don't read into it further than that.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 8:50:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Loved it.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 8:54:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

CPT Nathaniel Fick (then 1LT Fick) was cast as young and inexperienced, when, I believe, the opposite is true.  His book "One Bullet Away" describes his early OCS days as well as his tours in Afghanistan and Iraq.  To me, it was well written and had some really good leadership insights.    
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Reading Generation Kill then One Bullet Away together gives a really cool contrast of perspectives between what the enlisted grunt perceives and how the leadership executes an objective. Both great reads
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 8:57:08 PM EDT
[#28]
If you want to be pissed at how the military is currently portrayed, check out a stupid comedy called Enlisted. I won't watch it again
View Quote

It looked bad enough from the previews that there is no way I would consider watching an actual episode.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 9:04:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Great series, reminds me of the Jr Enlisted meetings

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 9:08:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Based on a book by an imbedded Rolling Stone reporter, and his bias shows.
Top Top