Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2014 5:14:56 AM EDT
Salam bros. So who else here has gotten into the ecoin market? I just started mining dogecoin this weekend and it is pretty interesting. I don't expect to make any real money out of it, I just enjoy tinkering with computers/programming and the like.

I think once a major trading website like CoinMKT gets backing from a bank (which they are trying to do) and creates a feature where you can buy ecoins with a credit/debit card it will really take off. The whole reason I got into mining dogecoin is because I was too lazy to mess with all the routing/transfer numbers and stuff, and most sites have a minimum deposit amount.

We should have a cryptocurrency subforum, inshallah!
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 5:36:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Personally, I'm not a fan of the whole ecoin scene but there are some hotels in Vegas that are starting to accept Bitcoin.  I'm sure if that takes off either they will start to accept other forms such as Litecoin which is what Dogecoin is a derivative of.

Las Vegas Hotels Now Accepting Bitcoin

You can also find people who build hardware just for the sole purpose of mining these coins.

CoinTerra

Good Luck!
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 5:38:00 AM EDT
[#2]

It sounds like a lot of nonsense.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 5:40:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Tell that to the arfcommer who cashed out what, $12 million on his bitcoin investment?
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 5:41:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

...he said bitterly, knowing that he could have made millions had he invested a minuscule amount in Bitcoin 3 years ago.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 5:43:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Bitcoin is intriguing, because it has a fixed # of coins.  (They can't print more...)

However, if litecoin, dogecoin, kanyecoin, etc catch on, and are valued the same as bitcoin, it will be the same thing as "printing" more money...
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 5:56:17 AM EDT
[#6]
I have been mining different coins since October and have a couple that have a good pile. The most promising one I have in USDe. If it gets anywhere near Litecoin price in the next few years, my life will get much easier. I may even buy a Platinum membership or, dare I say it, a Lifetime Membership if they are available at the time.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 5:56:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Bitcoin is intriguing, because it has a fixed # of coins.  (They can't print more...)

However, if litecoin, dogecoin, kanyecoin, etc catch on, and are valued the same as bitcoin, it will be the same thing as "printing" more money...
View Quote

no it would be like euro and the dollar, different competing currencies the more sought after the more its worth. similar how gold is more sought after than silver both a "hard" currency but one is more sought after.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 6:41:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

no it would be like euro and the dollar, different competing currencies the more sought after the more its worth. similar how gold is more sought after than silver both a "hard" currency but one is more sought after.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Supposedly dogecoin will become the tipping currency of the internet (take that for what its worth). I would say that litecoin has already "caught on", it is already worth more than the US dollar (20x more) and has stayed that way for a while bro. All crypto currencies have a fixed number of coins that can be mined, some are higher than others.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top