Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/25/2014 3:03:48 PM EDT
They just ran the promo on their Nightly News for a 20/20 special about kids and guns.  "Do you know what your neighbor has in their closet?" was one of the lines as they show kids looking into storage places, finding guns and playing with them while the parents watch off camera aghast.

Time to start the sheep chanting: "Ban guns for the children!!!"
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 3:07:47 PM EDT
[#1]
No they will make laws that guns have to be locked up and unloaded like Aussie
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 3:13:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 3:13:59 PM EDT
[#3]
When I was a kid a buddy and I were at another friends house and we found a handgun on the floor in the hall closet.  We all knew to leave it be, close the door and tell the parents it was there.  Not one of us wanted to "play" with it like you see on that ABC special.  We knew better because our parents raised us right.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 3:24:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I used to sneak into my parents room and show my friends my Dad's guns when I was a kid. I unloaded them first though because my Dad taught me proper gun safety when I was like 3 years old. I know some guys that own handguns right now that are so pussified they are nervous handling the guns themselves much less able to teach their children about them. Makes me fucking sick.        

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 3:26:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Probably a set up just like their concealed carry hit piece.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 3:29:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 3:30:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Just like the model rocket motors in the Ford gas tanks.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 3:31:01 PM EDT
[#9]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Fuck ABC, fuck Diane Sawyer, fuck the democrats, fuck the gun control motherfuckers, fuck the liberal news media, fuck them all.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 3:35:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 3:50:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Oh, you know they aren't going to show anything that doesn't promote their agenda.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Probably a set up just like their concealed carry hit piece.

Oh, you know they aren't going to show anything that doesn't promote their agenda.

But, but, but, I thought it was news!!!

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 3:52:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 5:10:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck ABC, fuck Diane Sawyer, fuck the democrats, fuck the gun control motherfuckers, fuck the liberal news media, fuck them all.

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 5:22:09 PM EDT
[#14]
My down the street neighbor  was the only kid that we knew of who's dad had  a gun, a 1911.   We NEVER once touched it. Just looked at it in the dresser and said "whooooa thats cool".

We knew not to pick it up.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 5:24:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Well we all know diane will do ANYTHING zero asks her to.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 5:26:08 PM EDT
[#16]
I don't have kids and tend to leave guns and knives laying around. I'm screwed if dopey neighbor kids break into my place.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 5:26:16 PM EDT
[#17]
This will be 20/20's umpteenth millionth anti-Second Amendment hit piece.

They haven't made a difference before and they will not made a difference now. What has made a difference is the NRA's Eddie Eagle program and we have never seen accidental deaths involving children and firearms at a lower rate.  

The ten viewers they have watching are most likely already anti-Second Amendment anyways. Their form of media is on its way out. Increasingly young people are not even getting cable, but instead subscribe to services like Hulu and Netflix.  The Internet is the medium now that people increasingly get their news from and thank God.

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 7:50:47 PM EDT
[#18]
What else should we expect from the "All Barack Channel"?  They are not going apply journalist principals and approach the subject from a neutral standpoint.  They are not going discuss the NRA Eddie Eagle program.  Instead, it will be more "guns are bad, and here is the proof," B.S. that they have spoon-fed the sheeple for the last several years.

James
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 7:53:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

It took a while but finally someone nailed it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 8:09:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

I am in awe of your eloquence.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 8:19:20 PM EDT
[#21]
When I was a kid my dad had a rifle (Browning .22 lever action) leaning against the wall in the back corner of his closet. He never told me not to touch it in fact my parents never said anything about it. I was always interested in guns and played soldier outside with my friends just about every day. We used to look at the ads for the cool Uzi's and shit that the local gun store ran in the Thrifty Nickel.

I did a lot of bad shit growing up: used just about every spray can in the house as a flamethrower, stole booze from the liquor cabinet, made my own napalm, smoked cigarettes, explored the storm drain tunnels. My parents divorced when I was 9 but he left the gun in the closet.

I never even so much as touched that gun until I was 21 years old and already had several guns of my own. I cleaned it, took it out and shot it once, cleaned it again, and the next time my dad was in town I handed it to him. Over the years I looked at that gun many times in the back of the closet but I never touched it because I knew better. I don't know what people are teaching their kids these days but clearly it isn't the right things.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 8:28:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 8:42:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I don't have kids and tend to leave guns and knives laying around. I'm screwed if dopey neighbor kids break into my place.
View Quote

Then you CHOOT UMM!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top