Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 1/22/2014 6:59:26 PM EDT
I don't want to piss anyone off but I am just curious as to why some people are compelled to build and buy their rifles as close to mil spec as possible? Sure mil spec tolerances are great but why clone stuff like sopmod etc? Why spend so much on a KAC albeit they have amazing quality. Is it because they build rifles for government contract and charge an arm and limb just because they know their civilian consumers are addicted to being tactical douchebags that live as if they have actual been deployed and been fired upon? I guess its not just some gun owners, people do that generally,  like a 68 year old man driving a f1 pro charged ls7 c6 that never goes a hair over 40 mph. its just a gentleman's rant no pun intended.
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 7:01:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 7:03:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm old

I drive like I'm at Watkins Glen. At least 3 over the speed limit

So there sonny.
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 7:03:44 PM EDT
[#3]
13'rs will be 13'rs...FOREVER.

So, I guess we're all just tacitcool airsofters.

Link Posted: 1/22/2014 7:03:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 7:03:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I don't want to piss anyone off but I am just curious as to why some people are compelled to build and buy their rifles as close to mil spec as possible? Sure mil spec tolerances are great but why clone stuff like sopmod etc? Why spend so much on a KAC albeit they have amazing quality. Is it because they build rifles for government contract and charge an arm and limb just because they know their civilian consumers are addicted to being tactical douchebags that live as if they have actual been deployed and been fired upon? I guess its not just some gun owners, people do that generally,  like a 68 year old man driving a f1 pro charged ls7 c6 that never goes a hair over 40 mph. its just a gentleman's rant no pun intended.
View Quote

13 goin'to 13 damn the consequences.
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 7:04:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Because they can?

ETA: 'Murica
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 7:04:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Do you even freedom Bro?

Link Posted: 1/22/2014 7:06:14 PM EDT
[#8]
I agree, fuck quality parts!!

Cold hammer forging and magnetic particle inspecting are for faggots

Link Posted: 1/22/2014 7:06:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Could you explain the Second Amendment to me with the Founders' writings about its intent for deer hunting? Thanks,...I've been very confuse on subject.
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 7:06:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Just a Gentelmans Meme, No pun intended.... bitch
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 7:07:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Derpa derp derp derpa
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 7:07:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Touching on the prices - IIRC, alot of companies prices are so high because that's what the government pays for them and they aren't allowed to sell them for any less on the civilian market.
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 7:07:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Wtf....... I should have waited.......
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 7:07:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Somebody mad that they cannot afford a KAC...
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 7:07:56 PM EDT
[#15]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

this should get interesting
View Quote

Once again dpmmn is wise in his assumption conclusion

Link Posted: 1/22/2014 7:08:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Why the hell not?

Personally I like my rifles to be based on field-proven designs.       Rifles that get issued and stay in issue for a good length of time

have the right attributes:  Accuracy, reliability, functionality,  and a lack of bullshit accessories that don't earn their keep.

My three AR platforms are an M4gery,  an A2 (with a heavy National Match barrel, and it is a tack driver) and a Mk 12 Mod 1.

Short, medium, and long range platforms that shoot a variety of bullets from 45 to 80 grains and ranges up to 800 meters.

To me, it's the military inspired models that are sensible and everything else has to be proven as good,  though many will fail to make the cut.

Link Posted: 1/22/2014 7:08:39 PM EDT
[#17]
What would John Moses Browning do?
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 7:08:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 7:08:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 7:09:03 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Is somebody mad that they cannot afford a KAC?
View Quote
Sounds that way... His oly/DPMS Frankenstein gun is just as good though

Link Posted: 1/22/2014 7:09:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Tell us how you really feel...
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 7:10:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 7:10:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Oh yeah, guy in your avatar was a faggot too OP.
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 7:11:49 PM EDT
[#24]
I thought this was going to be a airsofter(adults) rant.
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 7:12:39 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I thought this was going to be a airsofter(adults) rant.
View Quote
Worse, broke ass jealousy rant.

Link Posted: 1/22/2014 7:13:28 PM EDT
[#26]
I have to say - I do like the way you worked the "old guys driving Corvettes" into that.    
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 7:13:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Is OP a fed?
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 7:14:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Paying a little more for a quality gun is worth it if you're intending on using it in a training class and or high round training schedual.

I've seen more than a few shit quality cheap ARs shit the bed. That sucks when you travelled, took time off from work, paid tuition, bought ammo etc for a class.

Link Posted: 1/22/2014 7:15:40 PM EDT
[#29]
And OP I own quality guns because they work always. Yes I've been in combat, yes I expect my purchased rifles to preform as well and better than my issued gun.

Currently I own Colt, Daniel Defense, Noveske( x2) and LWRC (x2) plus home builds out of BCM parts
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 7:15:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 7:17:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Somebody should start dumping photos of their m4geries in here.

Link Posted: 1/22/2014 7:18:12 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Is OP a fed?
View Quote
Doubtful, Feds get issued mil spec or better guns. Fed wouldn't have little cock envy as bad

Link Posted: 1/22/2014 7:18:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 7:19:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Does my 12 shot Belgian pinfire revolver mean I want to live in Belgium in the 1840's?

Or did I just think that it looked cool?
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 7:19:56 PM EDT
[#35]
OP, did you even think anything positive would result from posting this? Lol

Link Posted: 1/22/2014 7:20:04 PM EDT
[#36]
why wouldn't I want "milspec"? Those parts are field proven and that's what I want for my rifle.  It doesn't make me a wannabe anything.
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 7:20:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Heck I thought this thread was going to be about all the people here who like to buy cool guy kit, chest rigs, etc and then go play dress up, or take pictures of themselves with all their poser gear on.....

I had no idea there were so many Operators.....
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 7:20:18 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Does my 12 shot Belgian pinfire revolver mean I want to live in Belgium in the 1840's?

Or did I just think that it looked cool?
View Quote

No it means youre a connoisseur

Link Posted: 1/22/2014 7:21:14 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

View Quote
He didn't realize the PTAC and Bushy fanboys all were past their bedtimes

Link Posted: 1/22/2014 7:21:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Who the fuck cares!?  

To each their own.  

Personally I like having stuff that is proven.  That doesn't mean I am a "military wannabe" as you say.

Damn 13er.  
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 7:22:08 PM EDT
[#41]
oh man, just when i think we're making progress, someone just has to 13 up a thread to start...

dammit!
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 7:24:04 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

oh man, just when i think we're making progress, someone just has to 13 up a thread to start...
dammit!
View Quote

Pretty sure 0.00% of this site affiliates you with them
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 7:24:31 PM EDT
[#43]
'Merica, that's why. Fuck off.
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 7:24:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Doubtful, Feds get issued mil spec or better guns. Fed wouldn't have little cock envy as bad  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is OP a fed?

Thread smells like the ones where some new poster asks "How much ammo do you guys have???  Show me your stash!"  In this case it's "Why would anyone want a military style rifle???  Show me yours!"
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 7:25:09 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Heck I thought this thread was going to be about all the people here who like to buy cool guy kit, chest rigs, etc and then go play dress up, or take pictures of themselves with all their poser gear on.....

View Quote
I have several different chest rigs and multiple sets of armor. I wear armor every class or competition I go to. Am I a poser?

Link Posted: 1/22/2014 7:25:29 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes, he is trolling. Right now he's sitting back and laughing at the angry responses. His 24 year old college self think its hilarious.
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 7:26:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I have several different chest rigs and multiple sets of armor. I wear armor every class or competition I go to. Am I a poser?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Of course not, don't feed the trolls.
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 7:26:29 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

No words. 13er's  really are a different breed.
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 7:26:45 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Thread smells like the ones where some new poster asks "How much ammo do you guys have???  Show me your stash!"  In this case it's "Why would anyone want a military style rifle???  Show me yours!"

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is OP a fed?

Honestly, I don't think Op is that intelligent. I mean, come on; according to him if you buy a quality rifle you're a wannabe. OP is 'tarded and that's all

Link Posted: 1/22/2014 7:27:59 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Of course not, don't feed the trolls.
View Quote
Good point

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top