Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Posted: 1/22/2014 2:46:11 AM EDT
I am a conservative so let's get that out of the way, but I swear these meatheads on the right just have no plan on winning and are more then happy to preach on things that mean nothing to most voters, instead taking the high ground on abortion as usual, alienating themselves even more.

NY Times - Parties Seize on Abortion

“We thought it only fitting for our members to attend the march,” said Reince Priebus, the party chairman.

Abortion is becoming an unexpectedly animating issue in the 2014 midterm elections. Republicans, through state ballot initiatives and legislation in Congress, are using it to stoke enthusiasm among core supporters. Democrats, mindful of how potent the subject has been in recent campaigns like last year’s governor’s race in Virginia, are looking to rally female voters by portraying their conservative opponents as callous on women’s issues.

“Republicans have turned the floor of the House into the battleground for their relentless war on women’s health care and freedoms,” said Representative Steve Israel of New York, the chairman of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee. “Every time they launch another extreme attack against women’s rights, they lose more ground with women voters.”
View Quote

So let's toss out another election, instead of on some real issues, the lies, we all can name the scandals, and on some job/NSA/foreign affairs and real government reform.

Okay, back to football...

FGOP/FHRC/FBHO/FROEvsWADE

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 2:49:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Giving up our values is what got us into this mess in the first place.
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 2:51:36 AM EDT
[#2]
If GOP doesn't want to be in power, they will keep pushing issues.  I don't care if polls says more people don't approve of "late term abortions"
Or "disapprove of whatever abortion".  Apparently the people thy are polling don't vote or still vote liberal for mother reasons.  Get the fuck away from social issues.
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 2:57:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Without this, does the party have any principles left?
Alternatively, fuck anything you want and let the taxpayers fund the consequences.
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 3:02:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Damn, if the GOP loses, the Dems will create new government agencies, expand entitlements, create a slew of counter-liberty Big Brother-type laws, spend like there is no tomorrow, and Lord knows what else!
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 3:02:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Abortion is a loser issue yet the republicans continue to use it and avoid smaller government and less taxes that used to be the core issues.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 3:03:24 AM EDT
[#6]
The GOP has become a party of entrenched big government self absorbed statists.

The GOP is ACTIVELY and OPENLY fighting and resisting the Tea Party and Conservative wings while signing onto the dem/soc/com/marx/libtard agenda with glee.
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 3:04:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Bullshit.  The country had changed.  Keep picking at that social issues of abortion, immigration and gay marriage and be prepared to lose the House.
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 3:05:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Damn, if the GOP loses, the Dems will create new government agencies, expand entitlements, create a slew of counter-liberty Big Brother-type laws, spend like there is no tomorrow, and Lord knows what else!
View Quote

Or just put the pedal to the metal on the existing ones.
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 3:05:54 AM EDT
[#9]
And follow the advice of the NYT, who is desparately trying to prop up Hillary?
Why would anyone follow the advice or council of your enemy, except to do the opposite of what they say.
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 3:09:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think the GOP needs to take some lessons from the left, ignore the pro-life talking point/issue (not pro-life itself) and get their ass' back in power, then start to make changes, whole frog in the pot thing. They come out blasting and people go "crap, taking away my reproductive rights" when we all know that Roe vs Wade is going to stay were it is. Fight the battles we can win and not some moral doctrine that will only have us fall in flames.

I truly feel they are off the rails stupid or being paid by the left to loss, either way I see myself getting it up the rear and told to smile. ObamaCare just screwed me on my monthly back meds (out of pocket was $250, without insurance it's $400+) through my employer, told they no longer will cover, part of the cost reductions in Obamacare. This is the crap to be fighting on.
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 3:10:07 AM EDT
[#11]
If only those who pontificated on politics understood the mechanics of elections.

At this time the possibility that the Republicans will lose control of the House of Representatives is slim. Gerrymandering works unless there is a "wave election".
No one who studies these matters seriously is currently predicting a "wave election" in favor of the Democrats this year. Something really dramatic would have to happen before the election.
The outlook for the Senate is less clear since there is no gerrymandering in play, but turnout in the midterm elections generally favors the party out of power.
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 3:10:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

RIght. Two things together got us in this mess: 1) Materialism and 2) no voter qualification.  

Materialism means 'smart' people don't have children.  No voter qualification means the 'dumb' ones whose population continues to grow quickly outnumber the 'smart' ones.  <----- It really is this simple, folks.  It's ignored but it's the truth.
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 3:10:39 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Bullshit.  The country had changed.  Keep picking at that social issues of abortion, immigration and gay marriage and be prepared to lose the House.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They don't care

Link Posted: 1/22/2014 3:19:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The GOP is ACTIVELY and OPENLY fighting and resisting the Tea Party and Conservative wings while signing onto the dem/soc/com/marx/libtard agenda with glee.
View Quote

This is the reality, the GOP, as it applies to those americans who cherish their liberty, is dead.

Link Posted: 1/22/2014 3:22:09 AM EDT
[#15]
And this is news?
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 3:22:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 3:34:07 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agree with this 100%
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 3:40:15 AM EDT
[#18]
If the GOP had any brains at all they would defer the "hot buttons" such as Gay marriage, abortion, legalization of dope and such to the States and leave it at that.

Focus should be economy, taxes and debt.  Nothing more
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 3:42:09 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The country HAS changed because we have given up on fighting for our values.
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 3:45:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
If the GOP had any brains at all they would defer the "hot buttons" such as Gay marriage, abortion, legalization of dope and such to the States and leave it at that.

View Quote

Should they stop fighting against new federal gun control measures and let the States fight that battle too?
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 3:45:49 AM EDT
[#21]
There millions and millions and millions and millions and millions and millions and millions of people whom are against abortion, but yet somehow to our GD political experts it means nothing.

Maybe the GOP isn't the problem after all, maybe it's the so called members.

Link Posted: 1/22/2014 3:46:10 AM EDT
[#22]
taking lessons from the NY Times on how to be Republican is like taking lessons from Richard Simmons on how to handle an active shooter situation.

the Times is financed, managed edited and written by the enemy. They've been ripping conservatism since before I was born. The reason they're the
paper of record is because they've been owned by Progressive liberals since the papers inception. I'd rather choke on a dick than take any thing beyond the
words, the, and, unconnected numbers and punctuation marks as gospel from that parakeet cage liner.

Link Posted: 1/22/2014 3:47:15 AM EDT
[#23]
Politics is starting extra early today
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 3:47:40 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

This.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

And this...........

ETA: this is NOT opinion. We are watching it happen!
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 3:50:31 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
They don't care

Hell I have always voted R and I am getting tired of it.. The S/O feels the same way.. Not that we would ever vote D tho

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They don't care

Hell I have always voted R and I am getting tired of it.. The S/O feels the same way.. Not that we would ever vote D tho

all those that bitch about The R's, are you involved? do you go to your local party meetings, attend a convention, show up on your congressional Reps
door step?, talk to them on the phone? LET THEM KNOW you're sick and tired of the same old same old?
RUN FOR OFFICE???????Stand on the platform with your candidate of choice, knock on doors, make phone calls, Do the job of being "the Electorate" Do the job of being a FREE CITIZEN? Stand up on the public square and make your intentions known? if not, you'll change NOTHING.
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 3:50:49 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
There millions and millions and millions and millions and millions and millions and millions of people whom are against abortion, but yet somehow to our GD political experts it means nothing.

View Quote

Perhaps.............
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 3:50:57 AM EDT
[#27]
The new GD.......

1.Rage at the GOP because they compromise their beliefs.

2. Rage at the GOP because they wont compromise their beliefs.

3. ?

4. Profit
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 3:52:00 AM EDT
[#28]
In on One.

The Stupid party vs. the Evil party. They have the exact same goals=grow .gov bigger. The Evil party does it better so the Stupid party doesn't care if it "looses".

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result. Stop playing their game.
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 3:52:34 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

This.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Hitler and Mussolini were legally elected officials of The State..
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 3:53:14 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Should they stop fighting against new federal gun control measures and let the States fight that battle too?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Why not?  States have their own constitutions and it should be up to the people that live in those states to determine gun laws.  That would pretty much eliminate BATF and make it BAT.

Feds should not be the centralized Nanny it has become, welfare should also be done at the State level.

Link Posted: 1/22/2014 3:53:47 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

yes.
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 3:56:51 AM EDT
[#32]
We should never concede the social issues to the Libs.  You see, to the left, there are no social/non social issues.   They are all one in the same.  To the left, every social issue is an opportunity to spend tax dollars to buy more votes.
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 3:58:59 AM EDT
[#33]
I'm just amused to see "loss" used for "lose" instead of "loose."

I find myself taking the GOP less seriously these days. It's like a really bad Hollywood script. Incredible, really.
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 3:59:00 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

And this is different from our present political situation how?
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 4:01:29 AM EDT
[#35]
The GOP could care less. They are either in power or next to it. All that really matters to them is that they are the ruling class and that you are not. Even if you vote one or two out of office they still have power, influence, and a kick ass pension for life.
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 4:03:03 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Maybe you should start your own fucking party then.

I'm damn sick and tired of the GOP losing national elections in part because of people like you that take great moral pride seeing the GOP die on the alter of pro-life.  

Link Posted: 1/22/2014 4:06:58 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

If the establishment Republicans wins, they'll do all that too. Progressivism is the enemy on both sides of the isle.
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 4:07:17 AM EDT
[#38]
Republicans constantly pick the wrong hill to die on.
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 4:09:09 AM EDT
[#39]
The real problem, especially for the governor and president slots, is getting a candidate that people like!

We keep putting forth these party guys that, yes, not only flog tough issues that bring out the opposition in droves, but are simply unlikable candidates. The media do have a big part in this as they try to play up the likability and everyman image of the liberal candidates, but we could try not to make it so easy for them.
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 4:11:51 AM EDT
[#40]
The GOP doesn't have an abortion problem, it has a marketing problem.

The leadership and candidates make an easily skewed statement for a soundbite, it gets broadcasted across the media that is already left-leaning, and THEN they either try to cover it up or "apologize" for it.

Until the GOP says what the mean and mean what they say, its going to be an uphill battle.

The Texas law requiring abortion clinics be held to surgical center standards and allowing abortions in the first trimester is far and away the BEST compromise available.

Problem is no one in the GOP can articulate their beliefs.
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 4:13:16 AM EDT
[#41]
If the Republicans would declare that abortion is not a political issue anymore,  and let it be the social and personal issue that it really is,

then they would gain back a fair amount of lost voters just for that alone.

The pro-life position loses more votes for Rs than it gains.

My voter registration card has an R on it and I am emphatically pro-choice.  

But then again,  as I'm in large part Libertarian,  I'm emphatically for the right of the individual to choose what he or she does

with and to his or her own body.

Link Posted: 1/22/2014 4:22:10 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I'm damn sick and tired of the GOP losing national elections in part because of people like you that take great moral pride seeing the GOP die on the alter of pro-life.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Im sick and tired of people like you who think it is OK with severing the spine of defenseless child with no voice or sucking it's brain out of metal needle after is skull is pierced just to be thrown out in the trash. Abortion is the most disgusting and unnatural thing a woman can do while the father of the child is 100% completely left out of the decision. All redefined as "woman's health care." If you are OK with the government paid slaughtering of children, I don't want you in my party.

It is a just and moral fight, sorry you don't see it like that..I wonder what you consider to be moral and just?

I am not allowing my beliefs to be compromised...you know like all those pro-choice types the GOP elected in 2010.

Tired of the GOP loosing on the national scale? Quite nominating fuck tards who want to be more like them and nominate someone who actually stands his or her grounds on their foundation of beliefs. Works every time.

And this and other issues are not brought up by the GOP, mainly, they are brought up by the GOP's opponents because they know how scared to death the GOP on some issues and they get weak and act like a bunch of spineless pussies..IE, some posts in this thread.

Keep writing off those millions upon millions of voters while trying to attract a few "independents" or "undecided" voters...

But I am the problem? OK.

Link Posted: 1/22/2014 4:24:45 AM EDT
[#43]
None of it matters if the GOP select the right candidate.

If a decent conservative makes it out of the primary that will get the 30% of conservatives, that stayed home last election, to vote this time, the GOP wins. The conservative base is the biggest political group out, 34%. If they vote, they win. 30% of that group cannot not sit it out.

Besides, it is the media and dems making abortion the topic, not the GOP. The GOP is just dumb enough to argue with them.
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 4:25:19 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

The pro-life position loses more votes for Rs than it gains.

View Quote

How do you reach that conclusion?
How many voters cast their ballot for the GOP in 2012 because of the party's position on abortion?
If the party changed its position, how many of those voters would have stayed home?
How many voters refused to cast their ballots for the GOP in 2012 because of the party's position on abortion?
How many of those would have changed their vote if the party's position was different?
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 4:25:40 AM EDT
[#45]
wow, much panic

the polls show the dems losing big because of obamacare.

calm down
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 4:27:32 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

If a decent conservative makes it out of the primary that will get the 30% of conservatives, that stayed home last election, to vote this time, the GOP wins. The conservative base is the biggest political group out, 34%. If they vote, they win. 30% of that group cannot not sit it out.

Besides, it is the media and dems making abortion the topic, not the GOP. The GOP is just dumb enough to argue with them.
View Quote

GWB said it all the time "I think taking of a life is wrong." He didn't dance, he didn't give "conditions"..etc..he was 100% pro life. He didn't give them an option to argue.

He lost both elections because of it.
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 4:30:14 AM EDT
[#47]
It's easier to "put up a valiant fight and lose" than it is to win and carry the bag.

Also, it's better to "lose a seat to a Dem than a tea party guy." (VA)
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 4:31:29 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

GWB said it all the time "I think taking of a life is wrong." He didn't dance, he didn't give "conditions"..etc..he was 100% pro life. He didn't give them an option to argue.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's a lesson here.  I bet many on this site will miss it, or not care about it because they are unwilling to couch that debate till a year where it's an issue we have time/money for.  Right now, we don't, and honestly, I don't see Roe v. Wade going away.   I only see debating it being a negative ding on the R campaign.
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 4:32:49 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

If the establishment Republicans wins, they'll do all that too. Progressivism is the enemy on both sides of the isle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was making mock of what happened the last time the GOP held Congress and the White House.
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 4:33:19 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Im sick and tired of people like you who think it is OK with severing the spine of defenseless child with no voice or sucking it's brain out of metal needle after is skull is pierced just to be thrown out in the trash. Abortion is the most disgusting and unnatural thing a woman can do while the father of the child is 100% completely left out of the decision. All redefined as "woman's health care." If you are OK with the government paid slaughtering of children, I don't want you in my party.

It is a just and moral fight, sorry you don't see it like that..I wonder what you consider to be moral and just?

I am not allowing my beliefs to be compromised...you know like all those pro-choice types the GOP elected in 2010.

Tired of the GOP loosing on the national scale? Quite nominating fuck tards who want to be more like them and nominate someone who actually stands his or her grounds on their foundation of beliefs. Works every time.

And this and other issues are not brought up by the GOP, mainly, they are brought up by the COP's opponents because they know how scared to death the GOP on some issues and they get weakneed and act like a bunch of spineless pussies..IE, some posts in this thread.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And this and other issues are not brought up by the GOP, mainly, they are brought up by the COP's opponents because they know how scared to death the GOP on some issues and they get weakneed and act like a bunch of spineless pussies..IE, some posts in this thread.

Like over 75% of the country that does not care to one extent or another I don't give a flying fuck about pro-life.

You are simply no longer welcome in the GOP as you do as much harm to the country by facilitating losses by the GOP with your wild-eyed pro-life banter as the Dems themselves do.

A enemy of the GOP is a enemy even if you don have a (D) after your name..

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top