Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/6/2002 11:20:59 PM EDT
Anyone invest in precious metals? Gold? Silver? Platinum? Do you actually accumulate the metals, or do you have those certificates that say you have the metal somewhere else? Should the United States return to a precious metal standard and start using real money again? Should we stick with fiat money and trust(hope) that our government will never collapse? Should we go back to a chair being worth a dozen chickens?????

Scott

Link Posted: 12/6/2002 11:21:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 11:25:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Brass and Lead. [:)]
View Quote

Don't forget Cold Steel...
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 11:34:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I've been known to run a 3" dredge from time to time.
Link Posted: 12/7/2002 12:40:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Warren Buffet & the late Ted Binion.
Link Posted: 12/7/2002 1:19:28 AM EDT
[#5]
[url]www.kitco.com[/url] price quotes, bullion, investment pools, certificates of ownership sales, and industry news

[url]www.gold-eagle.com[/url] Economic commentary and analysis related to gold as an investment.

[url]www.gata.org[/url] A group that believes the price of gold has been kept artificially low by the Federal Reserve and BIS-related banks, US Treasury, and large money center banks.  They were considered crackpots for years, but the gold market's strange behavior seems to vindicate their theories.

For me, I like gold stocks.  They're in a bull market, their earnings have been great, and gold stocks pay terrific dividends which is very attractive since interest rates for bonds are at 40 year lows.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top