Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/6/2002 11:03:33 PM EDT
What would be a good choice for  an inexpensive first FN-FAL? What accessories are just plain ubercool gotta have? Any makers/importers that should be steered clear of like a cuddly bunny with the plague?????

Scott

Link Posted: 12/6/2002 11:17:27 PM EDT
[#1]
DSA has a great deal on a [url]http://dsarms.com[/url] G1-FAL parts kit(new bbl and all reparked like new). Couple that with an IMbel Reciever and you have one sweet rifle for about $600, I love mine!
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 11:18:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Also check out [url]http://www.fnfal.com/falfiles/old_index.html[/url]

for a complete run down, good board over there too.
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 11:19:15 PM EDT
[#3]
You will not have enuff time to play with one if you had it, you are to busy trying to ask to many questions....LOOK OUT HUN he is on your tail. [:D]
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 11:20:50 PM EDT
[#4]
crap almost forgot, dont get an L1A1 FAL those are of the inch variety, still good but you cant put the cheaper Metric parts/mags on it.

Get an IMbel reciever from SGN, they are a good hard reciever.
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 11:23:38 PM EDT
[#5]
DSA stg-58, it's a kit gun built on their new receiver. I have 2 of them, standard and a carbine. They look virtually brand new.. you'd never know by looking at them they were built with surplus parts. I paid $810.00 for my standard, plus $20 ffl transfer fee. You'll never build your first fal for $600 bucks. Just the parts will cost you that much. Forget about the tools you need to put it all together. Even if you have a friend that's done it and has the tools, I don't think you'd put it together as good as DSA can for the extra $200.
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 11:30:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Build one yerself.  Check out TAPCO, great stuff, great prices.  I think they still have G1 kits available.  While inch pattern guns are cool, metric mags are a shitload cheaper than inch mags, so that's my choice for a shooter FAL. I second gaspain here, get thee hence to Falfiles.com, great board.

-Eric
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 11:32:04 PM EDT
[#7]
That is a good point Bullet, It was a real bitch putting the barrel on without mucking up the reciever, and headspacing was done at a smith. But it a was really fun project for me and I have a damn nice rifle too. BTW I did do it for about 600 bones +-50. If I did do it again I would buy the DSA one because of some type of accountability, because if MY rifle blows up in my face its my fault, If their rifle blows up- they fix it not me.
Link Posted: 12/7/2002 7:03:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Get yourself a nice preban Belgian or Israeli heavy barrel with a SUIT sight.  Shouldn't be more than about $2500. [;)]

Israeli (non HBAR):

[img]www.dimensional.com/~mwluse/Israeli.jpg[/img]

Belgian HBAR:

[img]www.dimensional.com/~mwluse/Belgian.jpg[/img]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top