Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 1/8/2014 7:03:55 AM EDT
I'm tired of poor people.
In the Bible, the Apostle Paul wrote, "If anyone is not willing to work, let him not eat."
Paul actually taught that we should avoid and even SHAME the people who will not work and who would consume other people's food without paying for it, that they must "earn the food they eat."
In II Thessalonians Paul writes, "We were not idle when we were with you, nor did we eat anyone’s food without paying for it. On the contrary, we worked night and day, laboring and toiling so that we would not be a burden to any of you... Take special note of anyone who does not obey our instruction in this letter. Do not associate with them, in order that they may feel ashamed."
Nowadays, there is no shame in poverty, and certainly none coming from those put into government power by "advocates" for the poor just to keep giving free food (and free everything else) to the poor and keeping them comfortable in their poverty. Because there is no longer shame in laziness, and because government feeds the able-bodied idlers who refuse to support themselves, we have not only generational poverty, but an ingrained social ENTITLEMENT mentality in our culture.
In fact, the word "entitlement" never even existed in the English language until the time of FDR's New Deal which created the most insidious "right" ever imagined - that idle loiterers actually have a "right" to the earnings of honest industrious workers.
And this entitlement has given rise to a new kind of greed that has never existed before - that honest and industrious workers are actually called "greedy" for wanting to keep what they earned rather than have it TAKEN from them just to give to idle loiterers who will not work.
Well I'm not greedy, I'm just tired the poor being strapped to my back and me being forced to carry them for their whole lives.
It's time for the poor to stop being a burden to themselves and everyone around them.
It's time for the poor to start feeling shame in their idle poverty.
It's time for the poor to stop being so greedy and demanding that an "entitlement" of cash be taken from my paycheck and just given to them, money for which they have to do nothing to EARN.
There are more than enough jobs for even the most unskilled people to work to provide for their own needs, and enough charities for those who can't.
I'm not talking about the elderly or the truly physically disabled. It's our moral obligation to care for them.
It's those able-bodied folks who WON'T work to support themselves who SHOULD feel shamed by us, and who SHOULD be miserable in their poverty. For it is that misery of poverty that SHOULD push them to want to improve themselves and drive themselves out of their poverty.
"A slack hand causes poverty, but the hand of the diligent makes rich... The desire of the sluggard kills him, for his hands refuse to labor... Whoever works his land will have plenty of bread, but he who follows worthless pursuits will have plenty of poverty."
From the Bible to Aesop's Fables to our Founding Fathers, the wisest lessons warn against being lazy, idle, the irresponsible.
But in today's "progressive" society the lazy, idle and irresponsible are actually rewarded for their idleness by never-ending entitlements - and their thankless greed for even more entitlements just grows ever larger.
I have VERY little compassion when I hear how "poor" people are and how "little" money they make. Frankly, today they don't NEED to earn any money at all! The Gov't GIVES them everything they need.
I have lived RIGHT NEXT to a family of "poor" social parasites who payed the exact sum of ONE DOLLAR/month to the Gov't to live in the exact same size and quality house that *I* had to pay nearly 800$/month for by myself. Thank you Section 8 Entitlement.
Meanwhile I had to get up every morning, BE responsible for myself, EARN a college education for myself and then go out and GET and KEEP a decent job for myself and be a productive, law-abiding citizen just to EARN enough money to live in my very nice home AND pay taxes to support these lazy, dumb, stupid, over-breeding, irresponsible, ungrateful human PARASITES who have all they need AND MORE just handed to them by their Nanny-Gov't!!!
I have VERY little tolerance for "poor" people with four kids they can't afford (who should've been given up for adoption) and who get free food, free medical care, free housing, free utilities, free educational subsidies, free job-training, free transportation and who STILL complain that they're "poor" when they blow their measley paychecks on cigarettes, booze, fast-food, lottery tickets and crack!!!
How many times have they used their EBT welfare cards on a handful of way-overpriced CRAP food at convienence store - and then they wonder why they have no money at the end of the week?!?? IT'S BECAUSE YOU HAVE NO COMMON SENSE AND NO SELF-CONTROL YOU DUMB, STUPID, WRECKLESS, IGNORANT, IRRRESPONSIBLE POVERTY-PLAGUED PARASITES!!! THAT'S WHY YOU'RE POOR AND THAT'S WHY YOU'RE STAYING POOR YOU IDIOTS!!!
The problem of welfare and poverty is obviously multifaceted, but there are SO many problems with the way Gov't "helps" poor people it's sickening. There's absolutely NO accountability or responsibility required of welfare recipients. It's just "free" money taken from me and given to the idle loiterers with no questions asked!
Well if anyone were to ask me for several thousand dollars (which is what I "give" poor people through my taxes) so they can pay their bills - I'd want some answers first:
1) Why can't you support yourself? There's a crapload of no-experience-required jobs out there  why can't you get a job? Not enough pay? Minimum wage is good enough for a single person to live on. I did it. That's why they call it "minimum" wage. Go get a job.
2) Oh - you got a kid? How much did you have in savings BEFORE you decided to have a kid? None? Poor planning. Oh, the kid was an accident? Bummer. Still poor planning. Stop having kids or you lose the money. Norplant works great. I'll pay for that too. No Norplant - no money.
3) Since I'm gonna be giving you my money, I'm gonna want to make sure you know how to handle it. Make a budget and stick to it. Show me. You don't know how? There's free seminars all the time at the Community centers. Go learn. No budget - no money.  
4) And since I'm gonna be paying your bills, I'm gonna want to make sure you're not wasting MY money.  Top Ramen, SPAM, plain milk, baby food, diapers, chicken, rice, dry beans, apples, bananas, orange juice, carrots, potatoes and oatmeal - that's all you get from us.  No soda, no chips, no cheetos, no Cap'n Crunch, no grape drank, and NO overpriced convenience-store shit. You want any more? Go get a fucking job and pay for it yourself.
5) And most important, if you're able-bodied and receive direct welfare for more than 6 months, you can't vote in the next general election cycle. If you're too irresponsible to take care of yourself and support yourself - you're WAY too irresponsible to be allowed to vote, at least until you get your shit together. No fucking way are you gonna be able to vote yourself a never-ending gravy-train of welfare checks ad infinitum at MY expense!
IMO, MOST people who are on welfare for more than a couple months are there not because of bad luck, but because of their poor choices and irresponsible behaviors. And their kids get hurt by their irresponsibility, recklessness, stupidity and addictions.
Is Gov't the ONLY thing keeping kids from starving? NO. Not at all. There are a LOT of private charities that help feed poor families and help them get back on their feet. And they do it better and more efficiently. Take away the perpetual free handouts and safety-net/hammock and people WILL start providing for themselves.
Being lazy, reckless, irresponsible and unable to control your impulses will pretty much guarantee you are poor.
Yet the FedGov subsidizes lazy irresponsible people so they have no reason to TRY to improve their own lives - all they have to do is keep voting for the same politicians to keep the welfare gravy train running.
$20 TRILLION dollars spent on the "War On Poverty" since 1964.... and the poverty rate is higher now than when LBJ started this "Great Society" of gov't-funded welfare for life idiocy.
If Wall Street consumed $20 TRILLION of taxpayer money and produced nothing, returned nothing, employed no one and was demanding even MORE now, do you think we'd be hearing all about "Corporate Greed" and "Wall Street Corruption"!?
Oh but the Fed Gov can let "poor people" immolate $20 Trillion of taxpayer money and produce nothing, return nothing, employ no one and STILL be poor deep into their 2nd and third generation of welfare-takers and even DEMAND that they get more... yet you never hear of "greedy poor people" or "Government greed".

tl;dr/cliffnotes: The poor need to be ashamed of their poverty, need to be treated like children with an allowance, need to be made miserable in their poverty so as to drive them out of poverty and need to stop being so greedy demanding we give them more and more of our money at gunpoint.

Link Posted: 1/8/2014 7:04:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Too much to read and all that.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 7:06:26 AM EDT
[#2]
EDIT: never mind, you're not remotely worth it.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 7:07:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/8/2014 7:07:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

No, it's not.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 7:08:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Didn't read because I didn't want to feel insulted.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 7:09:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Glad you're got a shit load of energy today Good Day
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 7:09:40 AM EDT
[#7]
That is way too long for a rant but I agree. It's all according to the plan.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 7:10:28 AM EDT
[#8]
LOL.

Link Posted: 1/8/2014 7:11:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Keeping the poor is what the .gov wants. Poor = votes = control
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 7:11:32 AM EDT
[#10]
I was taught as a Christian to have compassion for the poor. But to each his own I guess.

Carry on with your hate.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 7:11:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Your Ben Franklin meme, proves that what we are dealing with today is a fool's errand that is as old as government.

IMO, there is no way to fix this problem through elections or politcal rhetoric, it will take a complete reboot to have any chance of sane policy to come about.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 7:11:46 AM EDT
[#12]
cliff notes, its in the bible and Ben said it so Kill all poor people?

I didn't read it, this is GD I am just here for the leg humping pictures
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 7:12:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Sorry man, didn't read.

I will throw in that our poor here in the states aint like poor everywhere else. (Speaking to the choir, yeah)
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 7:12:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 7:13:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Wow tldr
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 7:13:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I was taught as a Christian to have compassion for the poor. But to each his own I guess.

Carry on with your hate.
View Quote

I have compassion for the truly needy.

Fuck the poor.

There's a difference.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 7:15:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Yeah, why can't our poor get by with assistance like those rugged boot-strap-pullers who get nothing from their government in India?

Seriously, though, I think we need a balance of programs that encourage those who are poor to move up to a sustainable income and have very stringent rules for further assistance (serious disability, etc).
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 7:15:49 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Fuck the poor.

There's a difference.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Carry on with your hate.

Fuck the poor.

There's a difference.

+100

Link Posted: 1/8/2014 7:16:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Fuck the poor.

There's a difference.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Carry on with your hate.

Fuck the poor.

There's a difference.

The democrats demonize the rich you people demonize the poor. Sickening really.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 7:17:11 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Carry on with your hate.
View Quote

If we helped the poor get out of poverty (like the quote from Ben above by not giving them as much), then you wouldn't have to waste near as much of your compassion as there would be fewer needing it. Logic ftw
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 7:17:52 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Yeah, why can't our poor get by with assistance like those rugged boot-strap-pullers who get nothing from their government in India?

http://www.vagobond.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/indian_poor.jpg

Seriously, though, I think we need a balance of programs that encourage those who are poor to move up to a sustainable income and have very stringent rules for further assistance (serious disability, etc).
View Quote

Those folk work!  See the begging?  That's working!  No Feet kicked up on the coffee table watching Maury and collecting a check!  They are working!  
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 7:17:52 AM EDT
[#22]
I love that you equate poor with "not willing to work" and then spin a massive strawman filled rant.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 7:18:39 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

http://www.vagobond.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/indian_poor.jpg

View Quote

Those people are held down by a caste system.  

America is still the land of equal opportunity, too many just choose to take the easy route because it still puts food on the table, that's just LAZY.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 7:19:15 AM EDT
[#24]
I'm pretty sick of them too.  That's really the only reason I like the lottery.  That and excise taxes on smokes and booze are pretty much the only taxes they pay.

Nowhere on Earth at any time in human history has a "regular person" had more opportunity than the modern USA.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 7:19:26 AM EDT
[#25]
Our poor aint poor.

Link Posted: 1/8/2014 7:19:40 AM EDT
[#26]
Sorry, I did not read that wall of text.

I'm sure it was racist if it disparaged the poor.

With posts like that it's a small wonder it took the OP thirteen years to hit 48K posts.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 7:22:21 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I love that you equate poor with "not willing to work" and then spin a massive strawman filled rant.
View Quote

The "poor" is what Liberals call able-bodied idle loiterers, i.e. those not willing to work.

Link Posted: 1/8/2014 7:22:41 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 7:23:35 AM EDT
[#29]
Impressive, most impressive!
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 7:23:57 AM EDT
[#30]
Compassion is a character flaw.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 7:25:18 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

If we helped the poor get out of poverty (like the quote from Ben above by not giving them as much), then you wouldn't have to waste near as much of your compassion as there would be fewer needing it. Logic ftw
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Carry on with your hate.

The OP is talking about people who are using the system illegally and lumping all of the poor into the same category. I assume the rich feel the same about the middle class with all of our freebies and entitlement that we receive such as government backed home loans, government grants for college and student loans etc, etc.

The country is being torn apart by the liberals/progressives in charge and I want no part of the class warfare they have started.

Carry on with your hate brother.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 7:25:24 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Carry on with your hate.
View Quote

Compassion != compulsory income tax collected via gunpoint.

You got a problem with the Apostle Paul's admonition on how we should treat people unwilling to work? Did Jesus have compassion on the "brood of vipers" (i.e. politicians of his day)?

Link Posted: 1/8/2014 7:26:28 AM EDT
[#33]

Were it not for the idle loiterers who will not work, poverty would be exceedingly rare in America.

Link Posted: 1/8/2014 7:26:41 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

This may be the 2nd time I have ever agreed with you.

To focus our hate on poor people is fucking ridiculous and plain stupid.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 7:26:48 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

The "poor" is what Liberals call able-bodied idle loiterers, i.e. those not willing to work.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Bullshit.  You've got this idea in your head that the poor are all welfare queens.  Try actually going out and meeting poor people.  Folks who make shit, but are working every day to provide food for their family.  Folks who have trouble making ends meet because if their car breaks down, they not only have to pay for the repair, they have to miss work, not get paid, and risk getting laid off.  Folks who try to save, but have little left over after paying for food, rent, and utilities.

Edit: You don't like the stereotypical welfare queen.  Awesome, neither do I.  Where you fucked up, and created some retarded strawman, is by saying that poor people as a whole conform to that stereotype.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 7:27:23 AM EDT
[#36]
I read it.

But I am poor too and have worked all my life
and am workiing into my retirement.

So just don't equate my kind of poor with the FSA and we will get along just fine.

I am also happy. Don't want a BMW and don't want someone to mow my yard
or clean my house.

My bills are paid and my family knows how to make a living.

All things said, I am rich in ways that others aren't.

Now back on topic.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 7:27:40 AM EDT
[#37]
Well,....Jesus said the poor will be with you always.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 7:27:40 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
The OP is talking about people who are using the system illegally and lumping all of the poor into the same category. I assume the rich feel the same about the middle class with all of our freebies and entitlement that we receive such as government backed home loans, government grants for college and student loans etc, etc.

The country is being torn apart by the liberals/progressives in charge and I want no part of the class warfare they have started.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Carry on with your hate.

I guess there were too many words in my post for you to open-mindedly consider.

Carry on with your ignorance brother.

Link Posted: 1/8/2014 7:29:03 AM EDT
[#39]
I'll try and keep this short to sort of give my general position on this whole socialism our nation so enjoys.

Socialism, it's message and everything it stands for, will always be attractive to poor people or people who don't want to work.  The reason is because it promises to give them something, whatever something is, that they either do not currently have or will be more of what they have.  Politicians will preach this message in the name of inequality among people of the nation.  It is nothing more than redistribution of wealth through force of law.  We will ALWAYS have poor people all over the world, so therein lies the problem that socialism's message will likely be around for a long while.

Now with that said and being a member of arfcom for a while, I do appreciate the capitalism allows for anyone to create and build real wealth.  Capitalism is a cold-hearted and ruthless bitch however since competition can become so cutthroat.  This is of course good for the consumer and ideally companies should have a great deal of leeway in allocating their resources to exploit whatever they need in order to churn out more product at x price, hopefully driving that price lower.  Here's the problem with capitalism however and team members can easily search our archives to see plenty of examples, but I'm going to focus on just one...

a while back a member here was out on FML leave from his company to stay home with his newborn child.  From a company's point of view, that employee is now gone and they get no work out of him and must keep him on the payroll.  Many members gave him a piece of their mind and stated he should be expected to be fired upon returning since he took nearly the entire 12 weeks allowed by law.  Maybe he should have only taken 2-3?  A woman giving birth?  Yeah, she needs all that time, but a father?  Debatable....perhaps.  Moments like this don't come very often for a lot of people...yeah yeah I know FSA breed out a new kid every damn year...I'm talking normal people who want to work.  Without this law, yes, technically the company doesn't owe this guy anything except payment for hours worked.  

For every company out there that tends to treat their employees like shit and runs them through a grinder with bosses incapable of understanding that sometimes accidents happen or you were late dropping your kids off to school, or God forbid you actually set goals in your life with your spouse to have a child that is the greatest miracle for you both to ever experience, this creates another person with the mindset of "socialism sounds ok to me" especially if that message is a mandatory 1-2 months paid leave for all businesses.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 7:30:37 AM EDT
[#40]
Someone doesn't make a bunch of money, but is mostly self-sufficient? I have no problem with them at all.

Someone CHOOSES that lifestyle when they're physically capable of working? Yep, we gots problems.

Link Posted: 1/8/2014 7:30:48 AM EDT
[#41]
Didn't read the rant.  Can someone tally up the number of fucks, shits, and God dammits, so I can properly render a score?
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 7:31:01 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Compassion - yes, willing to help those to are willing to work and improve their situation?  Absolutely.

However that does not translate to keep giving and giving to those who choose not to work and choose to remain a burden for others.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was taught as a Christian to have compassion for the poor.

Compassion - yes, willing to help those to are willing to work and improve their situation?  Absolutely.

However that does not translate to keep giving and giving to those who choose not to work and choose to remain a burden for others.

Did you willingly accept a government backed home loan or student grants of any kind? if not I am sure you know of some who have. Please tell me the difference because taking from others isn't right just because you have a job and make $70k a year.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 7:32:48 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I'll try and keep this short to sort of give my general position on this whole socialism our nation so enjoys.

Wall of text.    
View Quote

Are you related to the OP?
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 7:33:51 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Bullshit.  You've got this idea in your head that the poor are all welfare queens.  Try actually going out and meeting poor people.  Folks who make shit, but are working every day to provide food for their family.  Folks who have trouble making ends meet because if their car breaks down, they not only have to pay for the repair, they have to miss work, not get paid, and risk getting laid off.  Folks who try to save, but have little left over after paying for food, rent, and utilities.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was there pal, and not for long.

I help people who need help, but I have righteous anger at the jackals who hide among them stealing what doesn't belong to them and who hide their greedy, lazy reckless irresponsible selves behind the faces of needy children.

Those are the majority of "the poor" today.

Go ask those people have trouble making ends meet to show you their cellphone. Ask them to show you their TV. Ask them to show you what they drive, how much they smoke or drink. Ask them to show you their MONTHLY BUDGET! And if they don't have one - take a whole evening of your time and sit down with them and go through their last six months of bills and teach them how to make a budget. You will be fucking AMAZED at what they waste their money on.

Link Posted: 1/8/2014 7:37:08 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Edit: You don't like the stereotypical welfare queen.  Awesome, neither do I.  Where you fucked up, and created some retarded strawman, is by saying that poor people as a whole conform to that stereotype.
View Quote

It has been my experience that if asked whether poor people are energetic or lazy............I answer "lazy".  YMMV.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 7:37:24 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Try actually going out and meeting poor people.  Folks who make shit, but are working every day to provide food for their family.  Folks who have trouble making ends meet because if their car breaks down, they not only have to pay for the repair, they have to miss work, not get paid, and risk getting laid off.  Folks who try to save, but have little left over after paying for food, rent, and utilities.

View Quote

In other words, people that suck at decision making.  I meet them every day.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 7:37:54 AM EDT
[#47]
I do take issue with the poor owning fancy cellphones and stuff like that.  Contrary to popular belief you don't actually need a smartphone to get by in life.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 7:37:54 AM EDT
[#48]
IN!
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 7:40:31 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
EDIT: never mind, you're not remotely worth it.
View Quote

That's how the OP feels about "poor" people getting all those government benefits.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 7:40:38 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Carry on with your hate.
View Quote

Yes but it cannot be misguided in that your are hurting more your fellow men by financing their entitlements that other means of betterment.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top