Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 12/13/2013 5:05:42 PM EDT
Why is it when you run into the 350-400 pound mouth breathing neck beards at the lgs they ALWAYS say they were are is a sniper. Not only a sniper but black ops cia undercover squirrel sniper.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:06:37 PM EDT
[#1]

Because lying about being an Army cook would be boring.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:07:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Not one clerk in the whole war.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:08:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Nor supply sergeants.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:09:11 PM EDT
[#4]
This is a new, well thought out original topic.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:10:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Why is it when you run into the 350-400 pound mouth breathing neck beards at the lgs they ALWAYS say they were are is a sniper. Not only a sniper but black ops cia undercover squirrel sniper.
View Quote

Maybe they're just really good at Ebay.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:10:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Seem to change with the war/time. I remember navy seals being everywhere in the 90's lots claiming service in Vietnam.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:11:32 PM EDT
[#7]
This kid (maybe 21) was going on about being as in currently a sniper in between OPS as he put it and I shit you not he is 5' 6" and 350 lbs talking to a clerk at the gun counter talking about making mile and a half shots inthe "Sandbox" what the hell is wrong with these people
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:12:01 PM EDT
[#8]
They like guns. They think their 5' groups at 50m is sub-moa. Therefore, they consider themselves a sniper. They go home and fantasize how many gooks they would have killed with their stock R700 and Barska scope from 100 miles away. After all this mental masturbation they go to the gunstore and project their fantasy on all the sheeple. Simple really.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:14:14 PM EDT
[#9]
The problem is with some of these guys is that they actually believe their own lies.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:18:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Maybe you should hang out at a better class of lgs.  Beyond that advice, I'm calling BS on your post, pal.

Sounds to me like you have issues of inadequacy.  Only you can fill in the blanks.  LOL!
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:18:21 PM EDT
[#11]
I can't tell you how many lone surviving members of their platoon from 'Nam I've met over the years.  Had no idea so many platoons were wiped out except for one dude.

For gun store owners:  Put up with stupid story to make a sale or tell poser to FO?   I think I'd just launch the guy, even if it meant losing a sale.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:19:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Because if they told everyone that they sat in a palace writing FRAGOS, nobody would know what the hell they were talking about.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:21:24 PM EDT
[#13]
If you like your fantasy life, you can keep it, period.  Works for Kenyans.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:21:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Nor supply sergeants.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nor supply sergeants.

The fantasy army does have a better tooth to tail ratio than the real Army.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:22:31 PM EDT
[#15]
FWIW, one of the most accomplished snipers I've ever met, and had the pleasure to be instructed by, is fat as fuck. He's a retired SOF guy with a Camp Perry win or two under his belt. Careful who you call out.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:22:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
If you like your fantasy life, you can keep it, period.  Works for Kenyans.
View Quote

And South African sign language interpreters
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:22:44 PM EDT
[#17]
I dont know, since the ubl raid I've met a lot of devgru guys..........
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:23:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
This kid (maybe 21) was going on about being as in currently a sniper in between OPS as he put it and I shit you not he is 5' 6" and 350 lbs talking to a clerk at the gun counter talking about making mile and a half shots inthe "Sandbox" what the hell is wrong with these people
View Quote

Simply put they are retarded.

I had a guy younger than me (28) in my lockup one day drunk as shit claiming he was a Seal and he fought in Vietnam etc. The best part he then ran at the mouth about how his brother in law is an officer at this police department. His brother in law was on duty this particular night and came to visit him in lockup. His brother in law is a awesome dude I went through police academy with him, OIF Army vet with a purple heart. For the rest of the night drunkie kept wailing about how his brother in law was going to beat the shit out of him when he got out, well that and occasionally forgetting about the aforementioned incident and saying shit like, "I been to lots of LZs you probably don't even know what that means..."
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:24:04 PM EDT
[#19]
I work with one of these types. Just trying to figure out how to out him.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:24:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Maybe you should hang out at a better class of lgs.  Beyond that advice, I'm calling BS on your post, pal.

Sounds to me like you have issues of inadequacy.  Only you can fill in the blanks.  LOL!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you've never been to a gun store?  I have never been to a gun store that didn't have a sniper there.  Maybe they like temperate climates.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:24:29 PM EDT
[#21]
We had a guy come shoot our local highpower match. I think he probably wieghed more than 350. We tried to help him with his positions but he said that is not the way we were taught in SCOUT SNIPER SCHOOL.

He shot 325 out of 800 and had the low score for the match. He never came back.

He did have a nice M1A though.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:26:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
We had a guy come shoot our local highpower match. I think he probably wieghed more than 350. We tried to help him with his positions but he said that is not the way we were taught in SCOUT SNIPER SCHOOL.

View Quote

Well, obviously you guys weren't using the official scout sniper positions.  How could he compete?
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:30:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

So do I. His lies deserve their own thread.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:34:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Well, obviously you guys weren't using the official scout sniper positions.  How could he compete?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are probably correct. I have not been to any kind of sniper or scout school. But I do have a Masters card (not the credit card) in Highpower Rifle.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:36:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

I went to Ranger school with a cook who went out on the second convoy.

RLTW.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:36:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
They like guns. They think their 5' groups at 50m is sub-moa. Therefore, they consider themselves a sniper. They go home and fantasize how many gooks they would have killed with their stock R700 and Barska scope from 100 miles away. After all this mental masturbation they go to the gunstore and project their fantasy on all the sheeple. Simple really.
View Quote

Maybe they mean "minute of anteater".   Those things can get pretty big.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:37:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
This is a new, well thought out original topic.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:38:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Because lying about being an Army cook would be boring.

View Quote

Yet, believable, in that case.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:42:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Same rule for past lives. Everyone was a king or some horseshit
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:43:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm a deer sniper.

I am lethal in my AO (read: food plot) against all things tasty.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:44:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

To big to do anything but lay on the ground as a boulder while in "cover."
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:47:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

2 mile kills and ace of spades in foreheads. Govt issued a million dollar optic but no further details can be discussed.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:49:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Did you ask his arfcom screenname?
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:50:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

RLTW.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

RLTW.

U talking bout Mogadishu ?
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:52:48 PM EDT
[#35]
My older neighbor is always happy to tell people that he packed parachutes while in the Air Force during the Korean War.
He feels that every job in the military is important for it to run like a well oiled machine.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:55:47 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View Quote

Well, the fatties can't run, therefore they have to camp out in one spot and "snipe".

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:57:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Im sure he has already read this and is stalking my house right now for blowing his cover
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:01:52 PM EDT
[#38]
You need to grow up and stop waisting the internet on this stuff.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:02:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

RLTW.

A lot of soft skills ran to help their battle buddies that day.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:04:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

2 mile kills and ace of spades in foreheads. Govt issued a million dollar optic but no further details can be discussed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, that's the guy. Led a platoon of snipers. 1.5 mile head shots were routine. Carved the ace is spades into the foreheads of dead Iraqis.

ETA I'd like to turn his lying ass in for telling lies about mutilating bodies as a U.S. Marine.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:05:48 PM EDT
[#41]
remember when it was, tunnel rats
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:07:02 PM EDT
[#42]
They just want you to know there rank in call of duty or splinter cell. Between missions means theyve peft the computer to see sunlight
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:07:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
My older neighbor is always happy to tell people that he packed parachutes while in the Air Force during the Korean War.
He feels that every job in the military is important for it to run like a well oiled machine.
View Quote

I liked Riggers.

If it wasn't for Riggers jumping out of a C-130 while in flight would have been a very uncomfortable experience.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:16:22 PM EDT
[#44]
95% of the guys that come in where I work that look like they served in the Gulf War era tell me they were Force Recon Snipers.

And 90% of those tell me they were a desk jockey that was told they were going to Force Recon to be a sniper.

Whatever dude

And the rest are usually 20 something po dunk rednecks that say they have their Rem 770 sighted in at 1000 yards with a "tactical" NCStar scope and are shooting 1/4" groups.

The look on their faces when they notice me at the range and I'm shooting my baby:

Priceless.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:42:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

I used to be the girl at the donkey show
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:48:27 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

View Quote

Hey, I was some horseshit.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:51:42 PM EDT
[#47]
I actually ran into one once with a bit of imagination beyond the norm.  

Said he was a Special Forces Blackhawk pilot.

At around 20 years of age.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 7:01:53 PM EDT
[#48]
power fantasy.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 7:05:56 PM EDT
[#49]
I was just a plain boring NAVY cook, some of you might know me by my name. Casey Ryback.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 7:13:15 PM EDT
[#50]
I had a guy in to give me an estimate on replacing some windows. He noticed my U.S.M.C license plate holder and asked if I had been in the Corps. I said yea 1967 to 1971. He then began to tell me he had been Marine Recon in "the nam", and the stories began. This guy was about 5'8" and a good 250lbs, Broke out in a sweat just climbing my front porch steps. I listened politely and said I call him back about the windows, if he was recon then I'm Chesty Puller.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top